More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:29:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Saluting plague - SOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Saluting plague - SOLVED  (Read 4035 times)
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Saluting plague - SOLVED
« on: 2008 December 07, 01:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playtesting the apartment house I built for this months House of Fail, and moved in the Picasos in one of the apartments. They are both in the military career. Suddenly everyone one the lot walks around saluting left and right. Other tenants, the landlord, the mailman, etc.
So I left that house and plopped down a copy and moved in a new CAS family. Well, they were still saluting.
I backed up the EA games folder, deleted it and let the game create a fresh one. Just moved over the old LotCatalog and started a new neighborhood. No Luck. Serves me right for forgetting to put in the empty freetime template after last game install and then using a maxian family I guess.

I tried to do a search for this but turned up nothing. So has anyone else run in to this? And more importantly, can this type of behavior spread through the lot so that I can't share it use it after a reinstall if it comes to that? I had no hacks or CC whatsoever in the game when I made the lot btw.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 07, 02:46:14 by Goggalor » Logged
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Saluting plague
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 07, 01:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's good news I suppose, but yeah, it's horrible. No reinstall at least  Grin. Thanks.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Saluting plague - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 07, 02:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha ha ha hahahaha. LOL

I don't have M&G yet, so I can laugh at this. I suppose I won't be laughing much once I get it.

Fail.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 07, 07:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have M&G yet, so I can laugh at this. I suppose I won't be laughing much once I get it.

It's not really that big of deal. It's just a new idle animation that they do when walking outside. It is quite odd when the game tries to add a couple animations together though. The really annoying animation that I want stomped is the fucking deep breath thing they do when standing around outside. No one sits there smelling the air that often.

As I was reading about your dilemma, I thought, hey, maybe it's just a sunny day? (Not really, but it sounded like a great answer). I can't believe that is actually the reason. That is to funny!  Cheesy

Hope it's fixed soon. I think I may be getting this SP for Christmas.

I totally agree with you about the deep breath thing. It looks like they all have asthma. Sometimes I get so annoyed I delete them. Another weird thing is the jerky back and forth head movement when waiting to be greeted. It looks like Parkinson's on speed. Undecided Bleh.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 07, 08:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The twitching really bugs me. Sad

Fail.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 08, 15:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That twitchy thing's always worked my nerves (Max Headroom much?). I also hate that weird car horn shriek/beep/bleep noise they sometimes make, inevitably while speed-twitching. The noise is rare, though; I usually notice it when there's a twitchy walkby while the lot's on 3x speed.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: