More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:49:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Transferring games to another hard drive.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Transferring games to another hard drive.  (Read 1984 times)
queenbrat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Transferring games to another hard drive.
« on: 2008 December 08, 16:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am asking for a new hard drive for Christmas, and I need to know how to save my game to discs, that can then be loaded onto my new hard drive. We have a disc burner so we can burn as many discs as we need. I am more of a danger to my pc than a help to it, but feel free to talk in very technical terms so my husband can do it. Has anyone ever changed hard drives and switched their game over before? Did it wok?  Also, how much hard drive space do you think Sims 3 will require?  Huh
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
Re: Transferring games to another hard drive.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 08, 16:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have switched my game over to a new computer but I didn't worry about loading up the discs. I still had all my original discs to install from. I pulled out my downloads folder, deleted all hacks from it, and sorted to get rid of the CC that I didn't want any more. Then I zipped up that file and burned it to a disc. Then I pulled my entire Sims 2 folder out of My Documents, zipped it up and burned it to a disc.

After I got my new computer, I installed the game as normal, put in the patches, downloaded hacks from here, then I replaced the Sims 2 Folder in My Documents with the one I had burned from the disc, and replaced my CC.

I haven't had any problems and my neighborhoods and Sims were exactly as I had last left them.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: