More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:35:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?  (Read 14429 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 December 09, 18:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fraudulent gypsy date. When Chefs aren't working they are just normal sims.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 December 09, 20:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also behave normally, if you greet them outside of working hours.  I have one who likes to show up at the owned businesses, and the salespeople all have the full range of social interactions with her.  She may not be a Local Chef though; I can't remember.  Maybe the chefs from the vacation 'hoods are off limits?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 December 09, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Local Chefs are untouchables.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 December 09, 20:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ordinary chefs definitely walk by on community lots. I have one in a hood I'm playing with an unusual name, so I recognised her when she walked by.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 December 10, 05:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I heard you can meet the NL chefs by going to the restaurant and being unable to afford the bill...

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 December 10, 06:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Local Chefs are untouchables.
Sim with no name like that are naturally untouchable. The "local chef" isn't even "local". It's the same dude in different uniforms. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 December 10, 08:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I heard you can meet the NL chefs by going to the restaurant and being unable to afford the bill...

Really, and how does that meeting go? Do chefs beat the broke Sim up, make them do dishes or ask for...er...alternative method of payment? (which would be totally convenient if a Sim had that 'Shag 5 service people' wish).

I've noticed that moved-in chefs, just like mascots and uni cooks, have a nasty habit of inviting themselves into houses of total strangers. Wonder what causes that behaviour.
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 December 10, 16:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused about the Social Worker, though.  I've taken no chances--I have one as a character in my Legacy 'hood, but she is really a normal Sim created in CAS with the unlocked SoWo outfit.  But I've certainly heard of people marrying her in with no ill effects, and that she is a sim with ordinary wants, etc.  What is the problem with the Social Worker?
The ony thing I found with the social worker made playable is she still tries to walks through walls on every lot. Except for this she acted like any normal sim.
Some other charaters have strange behaviour, like The nanny, the burglar, the grand vampire, the streaker, the diva/Mr Big, the uni mascots or cheerleaders, and perhaps others I don't remember now.
Some behave like normal sims once playable, like the maid or gardener, the mailperson, the paperboy, the pizza delivery, OFB reporter...
It seems Pescado said all,  it is probably better to avoid marrying a service NPC at all. Even a named character of the basegame like the burglar or the nanny retain their strange behaviour. What real damage it can cause to the game is beyond my knowledge.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 December 10, 16:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really, and how does that meeting go? Do chefs beat the broke Sim up, make them do dishes or ask for...er...alternative method of payment? (which would be totally convenient if a Sim had that 'Shag 5 service people' wish).

I've noticed that moved-in chefs, just like mascots and uni cooks, have a nasty habit of inviting themselves into houses of total strangers. Wonder what causes that behaviour.

Yes, you can meet the chef if you can't afford the bill. You can't try to ditch the bill though, just try to pay it and don't have enough funds. If you try to pay, you get a negative relationship hit with everyone in the restaurant, including the chef. But then you can call him because he is in your relationship panel.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: