More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:01:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hobby Lots Missing - AL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hobby Lots Missing - AL  (Read 4124 times)
tibel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hobby Lots Missing - AL
« on: 2008 December 05, 00:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims has had access two hobby lots (Gaming and Gym) after I started a new game with Apartment life, but when he goes to the lot it is completely empty except for a trash can and mailbox. The npc that is associated with the lot is there but nothing else. Also the pie window does not have "walk to lot" so once my sims is at the lot he is stuck since there is no phone. I thought I did something a while back to the main lot files so I uninstalled all expansions, the base game, and deleted the EA folder from program files and did a fresh install. No luck.

Also, when I phone for the cab to go to the lot I see a green grid instead of a pic.

I am using updated custom hacks from here and custom objects from Modthesims.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Hobby Lots Missing - AL
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 05, 01:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you gone into other neighborhoods to see if it's just that neighborhood that's broken, or the whole game?  If you had something messed up when the neighborhood was made, and corrected it by your reinstall, the neighborhood would still have the old files.  Unless you zorched your my documents folders, of course. 
tibel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 05, 03:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the Neighborhood file in my documents and all is well. Thanks.

-----------------------------
On a side note: I went to the gamers secret lot and attempted to make small talk by talking about the gaming hobby to people. Half of the people in there aren't interested in gaming as a hobby. Anyone know if there is a fix that would set NPCs visiting Hobby lots with that specific interest?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 05, 11:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note: I went to the gamers secret lot and attempted to make small talk by talking about the gaming hobby to people. Half of the people in there aren't interested in gaming as a hobby.

That, unfortunately, is perfectly normal game behaviour.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 06, 02:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem. I placed an EAxian Secret Society in my Uni because I was feeling uninspired at the moment. When I had a sim go to visit it to fix their fugly facial structure, they were never greeted and unable to leave. The only options on the phone and their cell phone were Real Estate and Ringer Setting. No matter what I tried, they were unable to leave. I ended up ending the process, going back into the household and using a mod to add them to the secret society abduction-free in order to avoid them ever going to the lot. Another Sim got abducted, as well, and it treated the lot as utterly uninhabited, with only buy and build modes accessible. It was rather odd, indeed. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Or, at least, does anyone know what values to edit in SimPE to make the lot visible and delete it and start from scratch?

Also, there were like FIFTY Secret Society members, even with nodormieregen and nossrespawn. *Sigh* I'd assume this is normal game behaviour, as well. Does EAxis even care about the welfare of their opponents' computers?

Bonus points if you read that sentence without noticing that I subconsciously wrote "opponents" instead of "customers". I guess they've really been bad recently, and my psyche knows it.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 06, 10:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting all the lots in the program files lot bin when installing clean templates would cause this kind of problem, but a re-install would fix that.
I imagine playing merged neighbourhoods might also result in weirdness.

Also, there were like FIFTY Secret Society members, even with nodormieregen and nossrespawn. *Sigh* I'd assume this is normal game behaviour, as well. Does EAxis even care about the welfare of their opponents' computers?

The number of SS members is equal to whatever you've set "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims" to.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 06, 15:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The number of SS members is equal to whatever you've set "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims" to.

Now I know for sure that EA programmers are on crack.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 06, 23:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SERIOUSLY SON

Wow. That is some messed up programming. Seriously, is there somewhere someone might go to to request some sort of shiny to prevent this? 50 Sims at a wedding != 50 Sims randomly congregating to be eaten by cow plants.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: