More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:48:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More than you ever wanted to know about Pagoda Roofing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More than you ever wanted to know about Pagoda Roofing  (Read 3686 times)
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
More than you ever wanted to know about Pagoda Roofing
« on: 2008 December 06, 01:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going through an error log to diagnose a problem I'd been having with the wants controller on lots with vampires when I decided to browse down in the places where one would not normally check during an error-check. I found some very interesting properties that might be fun to play around with.

pagodaSlopeControlX  = 1
pagodaSlopeControlY  = 1
pagodaCornerHeightRatio = 0.25
pagodaEaveX          = 1.5
pagodaEaveY          = 1.5
diagonalPagodaEaveX  = 1
diagonalPagodaEaveY  = 1

So, I built a little spire in the corner of the lot and started playing around with these values on a pagoda roof.
Let's see the results.

I could not get most of them to work properly. Presumably, they're dynamic, and change as the roof is drawn. However, there were a few with some fairly noticeable results. These are: floatprop pagodaeavey [float] and its X-axis counterpart.

Here we see floatprop pagodaeavey 3.0 upon a single square of foundation. The original value was 1.5.

Clearly, the eaves on one side of the pagoda were changed in length. What a shocking result, indeed. HOWEVER:

floatprop pagodaeavey 2.5 produces a less desirable result.

It's shorter than the 3.0, as is to be expected, but there are also some errors with texturing. Presumably, this is due to the texture for the corners being reached halfway through a loop in the image and grabbing the wrong area to paste in, if that makes any sense.

A VERY interesting thing happened when I entered the value as 7.0. If it had been placed down, it would have clipped the decking in front of the house I stupidly decided to test this on without fear of borkination. However, the roof would not be placed down, as it would "intersect other objects". Good job, EAxis! They took into account the fact that people might like to use this cheat and made the distance at which the roof could be placed from something it might intersect dynamic based on the length of the eaves! This will undoubtedly hinder any use it might be in building unique structures. Thanks, EAxis. Could you pay this much attention to some other aspects of the game?

When I set the value to 0.5, more interesting things happen.

Once again, the texturing issues occur again as the corner texture is grabbed incorrectly at a fractional point in the texture. However, we also see the pagoda sinking in. Perhaps this means that the eaves are so short that they are the only thing that the roof is currently made of. At a low enough value, does this mean we could get some interesting results? Only one way to find out.

floatprop pagodaeavey 0.1!

Yes, all we have left is a little brick of eaves. This could be useful in certain situations.

So, let's try one final thing to see if we can explode the intarwebs. floatprop pagodaeavey 0.0.

Would you look at that? A little belt of roofing that fits perfectly on the foundation with no eaves, and it has the roofing tile texture on it.

Here we see two separate eave size changes, 0.0 and 3.0, coexisting peacefully. The lot impostor reflects this change.

Unfortunately, after saving and reloading, the rooves (roofs?) reset to the most recently entered value, 3.0. However, the interesting thing is that the lot impostor was showing it, so it could be a problem with the reloading and NOT the saving.

So, more than you ever wanted to know about pagoda roofing. How to change the size of the eaves, and how to have different roof sizes, if only for lot impostors. I hope you don't murder me in my sleep for posting this teal deer.

Some fun with the pagodae. They seem to float when the roofslopeangle is set high enough. Oddly, newly placed roofiae do not reflect the angle and use the default. This is also reflected in the impostor, but not when reloaded.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: More than you ever wanted to know about Pagoda Roofing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 06, 01:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't make out enough of the details to tell what is going on in most of your screenshots.  Too dark!  Otherwise, this kind of thing is very useful.

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 06, 01:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't make out enough of the details to tell what is going on in most of your screenshots.  Too dark!  Otherwise, this kind of thing is very useful.

Erk, sorry! That didn't actually occur to me. Well, most of what was going on can be achieved by simply playing around with values. Basically, those two variables control how much those irritating pagoda roofeces stick out, and can be altered to make them stick out at a degree which is (*epic gasp*) not irritating! Also, non-whole numbers borkinate the textures. I'm feeling the urge to use some little 1-by-n strips of pagoda in the EAxis House of Fail challenge this month.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 07, 06:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could probably make the pictures easier to figure out if you photoshopped them a bit.

Officially Weird
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: