More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:36:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townies be gone forever!?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townies be gone forever!?  (Read 6858 times)
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Townies be gone forever!?
« on: 2008 December 01, 06:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have none, not a single townie and not see the fiery ball from outer space heading towards the neighborhood at full speeds? Well, with empty template installed and no townie regen in, no other Sims files appears in folder after one CAS Sim created. Can things continue in peace without them or will bad things occur soon if I don't debug generate 31 some bad clothed ones right now???
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Townies be gone forever!?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 01, 06:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can have close to zero townies. However, you will still be plagued by sims who act similar to townies but are actually NPCs with a (supposed) purpose. These include garden club members in Seasons, hobby club members in Free Time, and roomies in Apartment Life. Nothing can be done about these. Still, it's better than having a billion useless townies infesting your 'hood.

No, nothing blows up if you don't allow the game to create more townies. In fact it is good to limit the number of useless sims. The hacks you are using will not prevent the game from creating new sims that it actually NEEDS in order to function.

Fail.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 01, 07:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reply this is good to know! I think of a lot of things that could be better over a neighborhood without townies so it's great Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 01, 15:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to start a new neighbourhood with only a few playables.  Consequently, I usually build a few townies in both adult and teen age groups, just so that the 'hood isn't completely empty and so there are some townies to socialize with (and for marry in material) that are not total fuglies.  There are threads here on this.  Search on "clean neighborhood" or "build townies" or something like that.

Tribulatio proxima est
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 01, 16:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used your tutorial jolrei to make the clean neighborhood, but I do not want any townies at all because would like to have lots of playable Sims with large families that mixed together through heirs0 no commoners lol. (npc is okay though). I do have the CAS face replacements for nicer townies, but a relationship with a townie you can not get them pregnant until moved in and also have a name replacement installed but still can not make their last names or personality more personal to go with story I am doing. (on Mac so can't use simPE to change) The empty templates are great thank you.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 01, 16:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used your tutorial jolrei to make the clean neighborhood...

Heh.  I believe that tutorial, for the most part, was by Jordi and others.  I contributed something on cloning sims at some point - useful if your 'hood asplodes before you're done with your favourite sims, or for building custom-made townies.  Anyhow, with your play style, I can certainly understand why you don't want any townies.

Tribulatio proxima est
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 01, 18:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used a clean neighborhood template and I didn't like it.  Maybe that was just because I actually like having townies.  I think I'm kind of alone here, though.

As for them being gone forever, you can always use the townie creator that is in debug mode if you desperately want townies.  That way, you can change sims into townies, too, but you probably already knew that.

You can use SimPe to change their names, and I think it's a relatively safe thing to do, too...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 01, 21:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use clean templates and then randomly generate. I just don't want the same-old EAxis townies. Depending on how big I want a 'hood to be, I might generate 10 townies or 40. My current 'hood is at 36 or so after marry-ins.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 01, 23:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use SimPe to change their names, and I think it's a relatively safe thing to do, too...

SimPE is fine for changing the last name of sims, but it's not so good for changing the first name of sims.  The first name is stored in a couple of places, and if you change it in SimPE you are only changing it in one place not all of them.  If you want to change a sim's first name, it's better to do it in-game using a hack like Pescado's lot debugger or TwoJeff's SimBlender.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 02, 02:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! I did not know lot debugger could have this option! Just installed director's cut. This is good, because like I mention, Mac user can not utilize 0simPE or many other 3rd party client option made only for windows (like clean installer).  Often a keyboard problem for naming baby occurs in my game with Å or ⁄ (box) before the type name when I press enter too fast (because of language settings for keyboard) happens too often. I just ignore as usual but I can go fix some names now  Wink Neighborhood is going along ok so far without townie, there is small lag for creating NPC at first time but after all plays fine.

Update:
Well there is a crash problem now but I don't know if its cause lack of townie but it is the only neighborhood happening now (and only one without townies). Even when I took all downloads out. I create a lot, build a bit (no cheats or custom content) and click go back to neighborhood view and client crashed. I restarted and loaded up neighborhood and everything is there saved and I enter lot again and it's normal, but when back to neighborhood, crash again!  Tested my other neighborhoods they are not having this problem Sad I can only think of two reason - because of no townie, or bad .sc4?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 04:20:31 by nanacake » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 02, 12:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac user can not utilize 0simPE or many other 3rd party client option made only for windows (like clean installer).

Jfade (DJS Sims) made a wonderful program, a clean installer for Mac: Mac UnPac here.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 02, 16:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Mac UnPac and before PETS EP installed it can work but no longer. It worked for when loading lots but not downloaded Sims in sims2packs file.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 02, 16:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game will not crash just because of a lack of townies.  There is some other problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 02, 19:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:
Well there is a crash problem now but I don't know if its cause lack of townie but it is the only neighborhood happening now (and only one without townies). Even when I took all downloads out. I create a lot, build a bit (no cheats or custom content) and click go back to neighborhood view and client crashed. I restarted and loaded up neighborhood and everything is there saved and I enter lot again and it's normal, but when back to neighborhood, crash again!  Tested my other neighborhoods they are not having this problem Sad I can only think of two reason - because of no townie, or bad .sc4?

If you play without SimPE or don't know how to use it, you need to keep good, frequent backups.  The cause of your first crash can be minor randomness, but the data files can become corrupt as the application shuts down.  Without SimPE, you can't see the extent of the corruption, to see if it's causing more crashes, or fix it if it's limited to just a few files.

Furthermore, if you don't have a backup, it becomes much more difficult to determine the cause of the first crash.  Jolrei is right; lack of townies doesn't cause crashing.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 03, 01:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think was a problem with placing object on lot next to mailbox (last blocks to road? sorry I don't know the word) this is new neighborhood but I will make backups as always. The problem fix itself after a few times restarting. Thank you all for the information.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: