More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:43:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage Bugs Found After AL Installation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage Bugs Found After AL Installation  (Read 4593 times)
jungant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Bon Voyage Bugs Found After AL Installation
« on: 2008 December 13, 09:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently installed Apartment Life. After the installation I noticed that there is a lot of problems with the features from BV.

First, my sims are unable to learn any local gestures since no locals do ANY gestures. All they do is normal greeting.
Actually, this one local miraculously came to my sim and did hangloose. But, when I tried to spread the gesture to other sims
it wasn't part of the options given in gesture queue. After that, I've never seen any locals doing gestures.

Second, my sim found two maps for secret lots but she is unable to go to any of those lots since when she calls for transportation or tries walk to community lots, they
don't show up in the destination options.

Third, after my sim explored the pirate ship and the ghost of pirate captain appeared there is no queue for joining the pirate chant. All I can choose is Entertain...Joke.
I'm not sure whether it's an actual bug since I haven't tried this before I installed Apartment Life; maybe I'm not doing it correctly... Huh

Has anybody encountered similar problems? I have a few custom contents but I don't have any game mods... My sims are from the new neighborhood created in
Apartment Life (sorry I forgot its name...). Both sims were both created previously by EA.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage Bugs Found After AL Installation
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 13, 09:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect this is an interaction between the requirement to greet everyone before doing anything. A combination of alfixes and nopedostalkers ought to correct this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 13, 11:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Third, after my sim explored the pirate ship and the ghost of pirate captain appeared there is no queue for joining the pirate chant. All I can choose is Entertain...Joke.
I'm not sure whether it's an actual bug since I haven't tried this before I installed Apartment Life; maybe I'm not doing it correctly... Huh

This is normal.  You need to build up a bit of relationship before he'll teach you the song.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 13, 13:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second, my sim found two maps for secret lots but she is unable to go to any of those lots since when she calls for transportation or tries walk to community lots, they
don't show up in the destination options.

There's a secret lot in each of the three vacation destinations; it's possible your sim found the maps for the secret lots in the vacation destinations she's not in, which is why they don't show up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 13, 15:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, this one local miraculously came to my sim and did hangloose. But, when I tried to spread the gesture to other sims
it wasn't part of the options given in gesture queue. After that, I've never seen any locals doing gestures.

You also have to be shown the gesture three times before your sim knows it and can use it as a greeting.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 13, 19:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also have to be shown the gesture three times before your sim knows it and can use it as a greeting.

Not true. Any sim who's been greeted with the gesture at all can do the gesture. However, they need to do the gesture several times with a sim who already knows the gesture before they can do it right. I have plenty of townies roaming around trying to do the chest-pound and bow gestures, but failing.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 13, 20:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they still gain STR points from it!  I rilly think if you fail at something, there oughta be consequences... Tongue
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 13, 20:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gain STR points from chest-pounding?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 13, 20:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: