More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:01:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Are these normal tokens?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Are these normal tokens?  (Read 7060 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Are these normal tokens?
« on: 2008 December 03, 00:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to create custom vacation locals so my fresh shiny new Pleasantview doesn't have a bunch of Westerners running around as "Asians." This... isn't going so well.

First, I tried using the latest version of Inge's teleporter cat to make them locals directly.

When I checked SimPE to make sure things were in order, I got this:

And nothing checked at all in the "Voyage" tab.

Okay, I figure, I'll restore my backup and try again following Argon's tutorial with his fixed townie gun. Tested this method out on just my mountain locals, and obtained the same results as above.

Is something borked here? Nothing but blank memories like that is a little alarming, and locals should have learned the area gesture and dance, right? It did put them in the correct family, at least.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Are these normal tokens?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 03, 01:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How old is that SimPE? I thought SimPE fixed that stupid issue with displaying everything as --- with no GUID already. Don't tell me they rebroke it AGAIN.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 03, 01:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er... I think I redownloaded it after AL had been out for a month or so. I'll go make sure I have the latest version. Sorry for wasting your time?

Edit: I have 0.72, which appears to be the latest version.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 03, 07:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Inge's cat to make sims into Asian locals also, I didn't see any of them doing the gesture or dance when I took a couple of sims on holiday. I haven't been back to check them out but I'll have a look in SimPE next time I have it open.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 03, 18:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they know the gesture and dance, those should be checked off in the "Voyage" panel right? (in SimPE, under Sim Description.)
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 06, 16:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Inge's cat to make sims into Asian locals also, I didn't see any of them doing the gesture or dance when I took a couple of sims on holiday. I haven't been back to check them out but I'll have a look in SimPE next time I have it open.

This may be a dumb question, but are you sure that the cat gives them the ability to perform such actions? If they don't know Tai Chi, they won't do it, I'd assume.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 07, 01:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure exactly,but seems  need to have Argon's "make-vlocal"fix to create locals properly.
If I remember right Asia local must have golden gardening badge and bow / tai-chi tokens,mountain locals golden fishing badge and chest pound/slap dance tokens and tropic locals hang loose/hula dance tokens
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 07, 16:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember right Asia local must have golden gardening badge and bow / tai-chi tokens,mountain locals golden fishing badge and chest pound/slap dance tokens and tropic locals hang loose/hula dance tokens

They work perfectly fine without the badges.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 07, 19:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have Argon's fix in. Guess I'll find out whether my new locals are working right, since I've sent a couple Sims on honeymoon in Takemizu Village.
lurklurklurk
Asinine Airhead

Good Witch Cat knowz ur secretz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 11, 17:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made some custom asian locals and made them locals using Inge's cat shaped teleporter. When my sims went on vacation, the locals never bowed. I forced them to selectableness, and they did not have to option to bow or do tai chi. In simPE, I compared them with some locals from a neighborhood made before I knew about clean templates, and they are missing the tai-chi and bow tokens. Do you think it is safe to add these tokens in manually with simpe, if I make them exactly like the tokens the non-custom locals have? Should I add in the strings of numbers under "raw data" in the tokens section? Is there a safer way to do this? In simpe, I mostly look and never touch because I am an idiot. The most complex thing I do is geneticize eyes.

I:87.6% N:63.9% T:77.8% P:75%
Moar P than you
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 11, 22:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think it is safe to add these tokens in manually with simpe, if I make them exactly like the tokens the non-custom locals have?

I tired that.  I copied everything exactly as in the test neighbourhood, but I got horrible errors on all dancing (and tai-chi).  I think greetings worked.
Use the townie gun.  It's cumbersome, but it works (if you have the fix).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
lurklurklurk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 11, 23:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just to be perfectly clear, we are talking about richief's fix of the townie gun in peasantry here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13121.0.html right?

It gives the correct tokens? Do I still spawn it in debug mode, or is it buyable?

On an unrelated note, whenever I hear the phrase "townie gun" I think of The Clash song "Tommy Gun"

Moar P than you
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 12, 07:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just to be perfectly clear, we are talking about richief's fix of the townie gun in peasantry here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13121.0.html right?

It gives the correct tokens? Do I still spawn it in debug mode, or is it buyable?

That'd be the one, yes.
And yes, spawn gun, I guess the official name is "NPC & Townie maker" or something like that.
I think, but don't hold me to this, that it would be enough to use the gun on one local (of each kind), and then copy the tokens to other locals with SimPE.  There doesn't seem to be any way to copy tokens from one neighbourhood to another, otherwise that'd be the best way, and like I said; creating tokens from scratch caused errors (and I did copy them exactly, from raw data).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
lurklurklurk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 13, 00:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though i abhor posting as much as I have been lately, I feel the need to note something I have found that may be useful to those that have the problems we have been discussing:
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=293562

The "book of talent" allows a sim to learn a gesture or dance by studying. I haven't tested it yet; I will report back.

Moar P than you
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: