More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:23:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection  (Read 173435 times)
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection
« Reply #225 on: 2008 December 15, 07:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could use DJS Sims' Wardrobe Wrangler.  It only takes a few minutes.  http://djssims.com/
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 December 15, 19:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice the single door shows wall with frame when viewed from one side?  Is there a way to correct that borkage?  I am using the version fixed for BV.
I looked in my BV game and didn't see what you meant, so I checked both versions of the door in M&G.  They all look the same to me from both sides. Undecided

Could you post a pic?

are you sure that nothing is in the way of the door? a wall lamp or curtains or even another door are usually to blame for that.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 December 15, 20:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you post a pic?

are you sure that nothing is in the way of the door? a wall lamp or curtains or even another door are usually to blame for that.

There isn't anything there, but that is exactly what is looks like, when you add a window to a spot but the window sinks into the wall because you used moveobjects on to place it.  The door shows fine from the outside but the inside shows wall with frame and handle.  I will try to post a pic. I don't have internet at home, but will upload one tomorrow if I remember to bring to work.

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection - do not share files using MATY server spa
« Reply #228 on: 2008 December 16, 20:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone, have you all seen our legal threat?  It's a good thing we only upload stuff to sites like MediaFire instead of hosting them here.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 31, 23:03:40 by BastDawn » Logged

Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 December 17, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else notice the single door shows wall with frame when viewed from one side?  Is there a way to correct that borkage?  I am using the version fixed for BV.
I looked in my BV game and didn't see what you meant, so I checked both versions of the door in M&G.  They all look the same to me from both sides. Undecided

Could you post a pic?

Here is a .rar with the pic of the error I described.  I made a fresh wall and it still places with wall showing.  Is the door borked?

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection - do not share files using MATY server spa
« Reply #230 on: 2008 December 17, 22:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange!  You have all EPs up to BV?  And the door looks the same even if you place just one, yes?  I'll look at the packages again, and check my work.

Is anyone else seeing this problem, and if you are, could you tell us what combination of EPs you have?
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection - do not share files using MATY server space
« Reply #231 on: 2008 December 18, 00:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EP through BV and all SP through KBID stuff.

Just the one side of the door does that. 

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008 December 18, 20:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did check over the packages to see if I'd fat-thumbed anything.  There's nothing that I can spot, so maybe you could have a look at it, too?  I just set the same flags that we did for the spooky and castle sets, and then followed Lord Darcy's instructions for the set_version bit.

I also started to compare the door against others we got from the Store, just to see if I could spot an inconsistency, but so far, I've come up empty.  If more people report on this issue, maybe we can persuade Havelock to take a look at it.  So far, I haven't figured out why it's only borked for you.  What I see in my BV game is indistinguishable from the M&G installation. Undecided

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2008 December 19, 03:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly question here.

I've had that happen with other doors when I had used "moved objects on", and forgotten to turn it off before I placed the door.  You didn't have "move objects on" when you placed the door, by any chance?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: TS2 Store Asian Fusion Collection - do not share files using MATY server space
« Reply #234 on: 2008 December 19, 23:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope no cheats on at all.

I am going to reinstall the door to see if that fixes the issue.  I can't see any flags set wrong or anything either.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2008 December 22, 20:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't nag.  It's annoying, and what you're asking for is illegal unless you've bought the CC from the Store. 

However, if you have paid for these items, and you need fixes, or want the content converted for use in lower EPs, many links in this thread still work.  I think you can assume that the broken links are due to files removed as per EA's request.  Please don't ask or expect those people to disobey the law by uploading those files again.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2008 December 22, 23:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all of the files can be found on mediafire, as posted in the Collections thread

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13036.0.html

edit: files can also be found here http://www.box.net/shared/4jv5my43h4

thank you Witch for the alternate site name
« Last Edit: 2008 December 23, 02:05:58 by mistyk » Logged

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2008 December 23, 00:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please don't nag.  It's annoying, and what you're asking for is illegal unless you've bought the CC from the Store. 

We don't care about the legality, just so long as the files are stored off site rather than using a forum attachment (in other words, officially Not Our Problem).  If anyone would like to post the items on Mediafire, I will edit the first post of this thread to include the new links.

I'm not a mod, so I wasn't speaking for MATY.  Of course MATY would not care about the legality, because MATY is not doing anything illegal.  People who upload or download TSStore files are, and I think it's fair to state that.  Though MATY is not exemplary for polite discourse, I do think it's particularly rude to pester people to commit illegal acts.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2008 December 23, 00:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are different file hosting sites - no need to be reliant on mediafire - particularly if that's the one that has been noted. I really don't know why people like mediafire one anyway, Box.net is great, hasn't deleted my files yet and doesn't make you wait for a download. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Telraven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008 December 30, 03:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, first off, I would like to say thanks to everyone who has been fixing the EAxis borkedness.

What I would like to know, is: Is it just me, or has anyone else had the problem with the the Asian lights not actually lighting up a room? Here's an example:
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/Telraven/AsianLightsBorked01.jpg
And with a Paper ceiling light added to show the room with a light that actually works:
http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/Telraven/AsianLightsBorked02.jpg

I've been watching this thread to see if anyone else would post about this, but I haven't seen anything so far. I did see something about someone fixing a light from another collection, but it didn't say anything about these lights.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2008 December 30, 08:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, if you have paid for these items, and you need fixes, or want the content converted for use in lower EPs, many links in this thread still work.  I think you can assume that the broken links are due to files removed as per EA's request.  Please don't ask or expect those people to disobey the law by uploading those files again.

I couldn't pay for them if I wanted to, 'cause I don't live in North America. EAxis doesn't want my money!
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 December 30, 10:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't pay for them if I wanted to, 'cause I don't live in North America. EAxis doesn't want my money!

Sorry, but those items have to be modified before they can be uploaded.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 December 30, 13:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Telraven,
if you have Storeobjects in Downloads or Bins folder, Asian objects must be loaded after other Storeobjects. Thatīs all.
Is for windows too.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 06, 18:52:40 by Heli » Logged
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 December 30, 19:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can pay a friend in the US or Canada to buy the items for you, or you can have that friend just buy a TSStore cash card, and download items from links here.  EA gets the money whether you ever redeem their card or not.

The legality of what you do in your country of residence is none of my business.  However, as someone who provided modified TSStore objects, it is somewhat important for me to state the intended purpose of the links I posted.  Understood?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 December 30, 22:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I'm of any importance at all.  In this scheme, nor on MATY.

ETA: I don't know why you're butthurt.  Maybe my posting style just annoys you, but I honestly don't spend enough time or effort here to feel like my presence is of any significance one way or the other.  I hope that puts your mind at ease.

I do think that you've contributed an awful lot, and I'm appreciative of that in spite of not having gushed about it in the past.  I hope that you and others will contribute in the same way in the future, but due to that pesky intellectual property law I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't, and I wouldn't ask you to.  That is just a small courtesy, not demanded around here, but there you go.

I was trying to clarify the silly dance we do with EA around filesharing.  Certain activities are illegal in certain jurisdictions, and I couldn't give a rat's ass who indulges in them.  I do think everyone who does, should do so with some awareness.  That's all.

ETA: There are all kinds of reasons why a person would fileshare.  Maybe they don't think EA deserves the money.
Maybe they feel EA is perpetrating a fraud by selling broken objects without support or refunds. 
Maybe it's not available in their country. 
Maybe they are committing a political act of disobedience. 
Maybe they just don't think they'll be caught.

Any reason at all is better than simply not knowing it's illegal. 

We do it so openly here without any discussion at all, that I do think many participants truly are unaware.  I think this is precisely why there is confusion around PMBD activities, and sharing Store files.  I also think it would be a bad development if MATY became a place where everyone expected members to commit illegal acts, just because they have done so in the past.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 30, 23:14:30 by seelindarun » Logged
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2008 December 31, 01:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that the people who come to this thread are many and varied.  Some of them do want to stick it to EA, and if that's your cause, I have no war with that.  Until now, I doubt that anyone understood what you wanted to say, or why.

Of the people asking for links, I don't see how they're sticking anything to EA.  Many of them may certainly want to, but clearly they're not able to do anything meaningful about it, even if it's something as little as reading some previous pages to the thread.  Somehow, I don't think they're looking to make a political statement.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 December 31, 03:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more people get the files for free the less money goes into EA's pocket. Understood?

Absolutely, and if someone like you wants to assemble links into one post, I haven't ever even hinted you do otherwise. 
If you want to share, then you'll do it whether someone asks or not.
If links are dead, it means those people didn't feel as strongly as you do.  Again, what is the point of asking?

To me, the requests seem entirely irrelevant, at best.  They just clog up the thread, but frankly all the Store threads belong more to you than to me.  If requests are what you want to see, then I'll leave you to them.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2008 December 31, 14:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can pay a friend in the US or Canada to buy the items for you, or you can have that friend just buy a TSStore cash card, and download items from links here.  EA gets the money whether you ever redeem their card or not.

I could, but I honestly could not be bothered to go through all that trouble in order to give EA money for broken items. If I couldn't download them from here, I would not have bothered to get them at all. Even if I did live in North America. However, not offering the store items outside of NA is just yet another reason EA sucks.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2009 January 03, 09:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wonder if the stores gonna update again   Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 January 03, 12:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll know it this week !

I think there will be one more update released on January and/or February before The Sims 3 Store opening,
because MaxoidBim asked "What Theme would you really like to see?" !

Community feedback on the Exclusive Themes (Sims 2 BBS message)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: