More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:43:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis house of FAIL: December
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis house of FAIL: December  (Read 161101 times)
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: EAxis house of FAIL: December
« Reply #125 on: 2008 December 16, 09:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question regarding Store Stuff...

I've just installed all the stuff packs and the store stuff linked from this site - I'm using things in my catalogue without custom stars. 
Does the store stuff count as custom?  Or can I assume that it's ok to use since it's EAxis crap?  As I've installed 8 SP's and a pile of store stuff, I don't know what is what.

I have one house ready to go - just need to package, picturise and playtest. 

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 December 16, 10:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you package the lot, does the store stuff show up as extras in the sims2pack file? If not, it could be a problem as I don't want double-ups. I dunno, I personally don't mind much because I always check before installing anyway, not all of the House of Phail lots are clean. (I'm looking at you, Jim!)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SalixTree
Emma Torturer
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 December 16, 18:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it involve EMMA TORTURE? Have you made any new Goopy-themed EMMA TORTURE items? Make me MOAR EMMA TORTURE and you can haz title.

I can has title now?
http://www.parsimonious.org/fashion2/

why be normal?
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 December 16, 22:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... not all of the House of Phail lots are clean. (I'm looking at you, Jim!)

Ok, guilty as charged. I guess I'm not as au fait with Clean Installer as I should be, but I will try harder.

I said I wouldn't make this available for download, as it's on the original EA lot with the borked back edge, but, to test whether I've cleaned it properly (leaving in the car and pedestrian portals, as they must be necessary, surely?), I've stuck it in 4shared etc. anyway. If some kind soul wants to give it a whirl, just to see if I'm doing it right yet, I'd be grateful.

It's an apartment block, with 3 apartments, called, optimistically, jim's Cleaned Palazzo.

Slideshow here: http://tinyurl.com/5jhc9y
Download here: http://tinyurl.com/5h97j6
« Last Edit: 2008 December 16, 23:46:44 by jim » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 December 17, 03:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Car and pedestrian portals are not usually included. I don't know where they sometimes come from.

*witch displays complete ignorance.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 December 17, 05:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Car and pedestrian portals are always included with lots... otherwise the lots wouldn't work.  However, you shouldn't be seeing portals as custom content in the clean installer.  If you are, you might want to change them back to the standard maxis-made portals.

If you are seeing visible car and pedestrian portals on your lot, perhaps Inge's Portal Revealer was accidently included with the lot?

[Update:]

I said I wouldn't make this available for download, as it's on the original EA lot with the borked back edge, but, to test whether I've cleaned it properly (leaving in the car and pedestrian portals, as they must be necessary, surely?), I've stuck it in 4shared etc. anyway. If some kind soul wants to give it a whirl, just to see if I'm doing it right yet, I'd be grateful.

I downloaded your lot and the clean installer shows no CC.  Would you like me to flatten the edges for you?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 17, 06:38:14 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 December 17, 07:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for trying it out for me. You needn't flatten the edges though, as I'm not leaving it up for download. There are enough similar but better lots around this month, so there's no point in adding this to the mix - but thanks for the offer.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 December 17, 09:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First house for the Month!

Stratford Square Dance.rar

After the Larson twins had made all that money from their house parties, they decided to make it a full-time occupation.

Featuring a double story greek inspired party area, a bar with basic meals, DJ booth and outdoor dining.

House includes 2 double beds, 2 single beds for guests, bathroom, kitchen and living room/dining. 

Private outdoor area with pool and greenhouse.

Slideshow here:

It's done on the non-flat lot.  I'm sorry. 
The phone controller has tagged along for the ride, but nothing else, according to cleaninstaller.

All EP's, All SP's + Store stuff (which I don't think I used).

I'm pretty sure that the greenhouse roof will keep the rain off the dancefloor - but it hasn't been fully tested.  The fences on the observation deck are lockable to keep guests out of the house.  Stairs are lockable.  The bar is lockable for staff/household only, or you can have everyone use it. 

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 December 17, 09:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for trying it out for me. You needn't flatten the edges though, as I'm not leaving it up for download. There are enough similar but better lots around this month, so there's no point in adding this to the mix - but thanks for the offer.

Your lots are always nice Jim, I would quite like a flattened version if Mootilda is willing? It's not much of a twitch at the back of the lot anyway, I don't get too anal about uneven lots.

BTW it wasn't this current month's lot that had CC, sorry if I wasn't clear, I was just having a poke at you.  Tongue  I tried to install one of your older lots the night before I posted and I'd found the portals etc in the package. I think it was from a couple of months ago.

@ Yecats: Love the frontage of that house, very posh! It always makes me chuckle that you include so much party space in your houses. I'm old and grumpy and I often forget the fun stuff.  Cheesy

Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 December 17, 09:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a party animal.  We have "BYOP" nights - Bring your own party.

They start out with 2 or 3 people then end up with 20 of us in a drunken mess at 3am.

Any spawn I produce will grow up in such an environment - maybe with less drunkenness.  But lots of party.

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 December 17, 15:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I would quite like a flattened version if Mootilda is willing? It's not much of a twitch at the back of the lot anyway, I don't get too anal about uneven lots.

I've stuck it back for download (at http://tinyurl.com/59ywd3), if you want it, and if Mootilda is still willing to flatten the edges. I have to admit, though, I got a bit bored by the time I got to the top apartment, so you might be sorry you asked. Decor gets sketchier as you go up. I'm glad you made me take Clean Installer more seriously, anyway. I'm not as computerate as the rest of you, but there's no excuse for not trying at least.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 December 17, 17:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jim, which EPs / SPs should I use to flatten the lot?  I installed your apartment in my all EP/SP game, but I'd prefer to fix the lot with a minimal set (ie, whatever EPs and SPs you used to create the lot).
« Last Edit: 2008 December 17, 18:06:51 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 December 17, 22:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPS, and just the M&G SP. You're certainly quick off the mark!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 December 18, 08:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you made me take Clean Installer more seriously, anyway. I'm not as computerate as the rest of you, but there's no excuse for not trying at least.

It was only a few weeks ago that Joe told me I'd uploaded a lot with the phone line controller in it, so you're not alone!

How I do it when I'm not being lazy, is I keep a sims2 folder with no custom content whatsoever - except for JM's Magic Wand. Then, no matter what I build, I can only use and package EAxis stuff. I just rename the sims2folder to sims2_test when I'm finished.

kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 December 20, 20:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice makeovers this month. I really like witch's garden - it must have taken a lot of work.

Here is what I did. No CC. I have all EPs and SPs.
I started the makeover in Veronaville, so the lot is not flat.

There is a Christmas tree on the first floor:

and here is the second floor with the bedrooms:

you can download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2lngwoyktzy
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 December 20, 20:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice makeovers this month. I really like witch's garden - it must have taken a lot of work.
It did. Several evenings on the garden alone.

I love the front entrance to your lot, it looks very posh. Good size rooms too. A good house for a well-off, status conscious family.

Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 December 20, 22:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that xmas tree maxis?

I've looked and looked and I am starting to think that it was a pre-order gift. 

If I can't find my one (seeing as I now have all ep's and sp's, and most of the store stuff) I'll just have to make a cc & non cc version of my 2nd house and throw Parsimonious xmas stuff in there.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 December 20, 23:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks to me like the tree that came with Holiday Stuff.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 December 20, 23:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did. You can also get it on The Sims 2 ShitStore; but why on earth would anyone do that?  Wink
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 December 20, 23:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to my game it's custom content.  Was it Holiday Stuff pre-order?  The xmas lights around the ceiling also arn't showing up in my game. 

I'm in the process of putting the store stuff into my game without custom stars - just to make sure that I DO try to use some of it.

Very odd.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 December 20, 23:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, it was available as a SimDay download once upon a time. I doubt it's still available on the site, as that defeats the purpose of selling it in the store.
kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 December 21, 00:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Christmas Tree from the Holiday Stuff pack. I created a separate account with no CC to do all the building because I wanted to make sure I don't accidentally include CC recolors or walls and floors.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 21, 00:21:42 by kalina » Logged
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 December 21, 06:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the happy holidays stuff pack (which doesn't show itself to even *be* a stuff pack according to the game loader).

Expect to see a winter wonderland coming your way Cheesy

***UPDATE***

(Didn't want to double-post)

Based loosly on The Secret Garden we have

Hidden Solace.rar

A family house, we have rooms for all the kids, teens and babies. 

Open plan living/dining/kitchen.
Kitchen is gated off.

Pool table, stereo and study on the first floor for entertaining those pesky townies.  Both stairs and greenhouse are gated off for family access only. 

"Hidden" hot-spring for relaxing away from the bustle of the main house.

"Secret" Playground for the kids to burn off all that energy.

"Forgotten" Grove in the middle of a forest, complete with fountain.  Contemplate life, the universe and everything.

_______

I played around with the terrain painting.  I don't know how well the flowers will survive. 
All Ep's, All SP's, + Store Stuff & Unlocked stuff by Havelock.  I think only the lights in the bathroom are the unlocked ones.

The guy is walking around in swimwear because I tried to make the pond swimmable, but it was a failure. 

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: 2008 December 22, 07:10:18 by Yecats » Logged

devilsrope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 December 23, 08:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a lot beautiful buildings this month. I think I love Goggalor's the most, though, even if it would eat my neighborhood alive.

This is my first time submitting to the House of Fail challenge. I hope I have followed the instructions reasonably well - some outer walls were squished, but they're all there. I'm not sure if this is 'legal,' but I shrank the lot, because EAxis lots are far too big for my liking. It's now 3x3 (still too big), flattened, and the entire structure was moved (carefully rebuilt) closer to the road. The footprint should be correct; please let me know if it isn't. I'm not much good at landscaping, but I did try. Heh.

When I first saw this lot, I immediately thought of the structures built throughout what is now California, by missionaries from Mexico and Spain. I used that idea as an outline, and tried to maintain several key aspects of a typical Spanish Colonial (USian term, probably?) casa de pueblo, while following the challenge rules. I chose, however, not to include any fireplaces, since they take up a lot of space. The house is neither Awesomespec, since I'm not much of a control freak about my sims, nor playtested (I'm also lazy). I took pictures of the common areas. The house also has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. In case anyone wants to download - I have all EPs and SPs installed, and the pack is clean of CC. Total cost, unwanded, is §89,611.

Slideshow:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmemxzkgvmz
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 December 23, 09:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's nice, soothing neutrals with a splash of colour. I like the shade roofs along the edge of the courtyard and the minimalist white daisies in the middle. The house looks cool and fresh.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: