More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:54:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis house of FAIL: December
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis house of FAIL: December  (Read 160825 times)
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: EAxis house of FAIL: December
« Reply #225 on: 2009 January 03, 06:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally nominate ALL of the starter houses in Veronaville. Nice lots with gardening room and small houses that have very bad, cramped layouts. But that's me.  Grin

I like 1097 as well and tend to agree with chobeegal. I already have some ideas on how to use the diagonal wall as an interior feature.

Allowing people to expand the house forwards three to five squares would give them the option to build anything from an extra bathroom to an extra bedroom. Should they choose to expand upwards after expanding the ground floor, it would give them extra space up top as well.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 January 03, 07:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, looks like we're going for 1097, with a pathway restriction, for January.

If there are no objections in the next hour or so, I'll post a thread.

I personally nominate ALL of the starter houses in Veronaville. Nice lots with gardening room and small houses that have very bad, cramped layouts. But that's me.  Grin

Yeah, that's once place I didn't look but good idea for next month.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: 2009 January 03, 10:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to cry. My simming computer completely crapped itself this morning. I only put M&G on last night & got to play around with it for 2 hours before I had to drag my sorry carcass off to bed. I was really lookiing forward to this month's HOF, but all our money is tied up in fees & expenses for my teacher training workshop later this month.

Still, simming doesn't pay the bills. Teaching bellydance will. I'm going to miss my pc...

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 January 03, 10:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elaborate on the nature of borkedness. Details like that kinda decide how borked it REALLY is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2009 January 03, 11:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what happens is I turn it on, it loads to the ms yay ms splash bit, then the primary hd goes 'tick tick tick tick' then, boom, it reboots. rinse, repeat.

Threatening to turn the compy into contemporary sculpture didn't work. It's the threat I used to use to keep my cd player in line. Granted, said cd-player was frequently witness to the demise of other appliances, which cannot be said of the compy so it has no way of knowing if I mean to carry out the threat or not.

*ETA that I'm on the lappy thus typos, annoyances, etc.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 January 03, 11:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your HD is toast and all your files are history. Replace the hard drive and you should be back up and running.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: 2009 January 03, 11:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought. Good thing that most of the files are on my secondary hd.

The plan, though, was to eventually just buy a new pc. Am going to have to borrow a hd temporarily from a friend, probably long enough to back up said files. Unfortunately the secondary hd is old-style & won't like being hooked up to a new-style compy. On the upside, I've really got no excuse not to buy a new pc now, well, aside from needing to recover financially from the crippling costs of tuition. Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 January 03, 11:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't NEED a new PC. Don't you have an old hard drive you can just plug in? And what is "old-style"? There hasn't been a change in HD standards for ages. Unless you mean your new drive is a SATA, but all boards still carry IDE ports.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2009 January 03, 11:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have an old hd I can just plug in, so I am going to the nearest source of borrowable hds available to borrow one if I can.

As for new-style vs old-style, the "new" style has different fittings. We learned this the hard way when I tried to put what is now my hubby's third hd into my computer. (no, he doesn't have a spare that fits my computer either)

We've been thinking of upgrading to a new pc all-out regardless because the box is broken, doesn't like dvd recorders, the usb ports are crapping out & it eats speakers for breakfast. Best thing for this piece of crap is for me to go all post-modern on it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: