More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 20:03:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  A couple of edited nhood objects. Big Update. Object spam.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A couple of edited nhood objects. Big Update. Object spam.  (Read 23459 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
A couple of edited nhood objects. Big Update. Object spam.
« on: 2008 December 01, 00:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was decorating a new neighborhood when I realized that some variations of the nhood objects would make it MOAR better.

I edited the rock and sand peninsula so that there are two new flavors. One is without the plants and one is without the sand. I also modded them so that they go into lots and so on (like the hack I made earlier), so that you have even more options for placement.

Here are the three objects for comparison. EAxis is on the left, the two new ones by me are on the right.

I also made this modified shipwreck. All I did was delete the rock. The shipwreck is for water ONLY. It will float in the air when placed on land or in shallow water. See pictures. I showed it in two different depths. The EAxis original is on the left for comparison. It does look kind of dumb with the broken ship floating on water, but the idea is that you add your own rocks to it. Examples shown.

Compatibility: all files require BV.

Also, can anyone help me with something? I want to mirror-flip the peninsula, but the texture no longer gets applied correctly to the flipped object. Isn't there a quick way to mirror-flip objects? I seem to recall that it shouldn't require remapping, but I can't find a tutorial.
Edit: OMG. Good grief, I feel like the biggest moron now. I'll leave this question up just so everyone can point and laugh.

Here are two more shipwrecks. The only difference between them is that one has sails and one does not. Variety is the spice of life. These shipwrecks sit on the ground and are appropriate for the beach or for shallow water. Images show the ships on the ground and in water. I personally think they look awesome.

More shipwrecks.

More peninsulas. One of these is Bloom's. Bloom made it a default replacement, which I didn't want because I like the original one just fine. I just made it into a non-replacement. Credit to Bloom.

Here is a rock that used to be a rock and sand peninsula. And here are the palm trees that came with it, too. Two separate objects now.

Here's a Spanish windmill without the base. I think the windmills came with OFB, but I'm not sure. Check your game. Got windmills? Okay, then download. No windmills, don't download.

Here is a broken Dutch windmill. It kind of sucks, really.

Here are the ancient ruins. Original is on the left. One has no tree and one is just the top. I have no idea which EP these are from. Check your game.

Download everything here. If you downloaded the original objects I posted, they are included in this file, too. Just let it override the old ones.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5km42sshyq

« Last Edit: 2008 December 01, 11:52:25 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: A couple of edited nhood objects. Big Update. Object spam.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 01, 11:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated.

Fail.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 07, 14:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are some nice hood deco.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 08, 15:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I could wish for something, it was a set of mill wings as hood deco, but placeable inside the lot, so you could build a nice old mill and put the wings on it.
Like this:

I used the whole wind mill and put it inside the house for this pic. The small one on top is SMB:s old modded mill that makes flour to sell, unfortunately not visible in hood mode. So a set of wings without the actual building would be a dream. Either as hood deco or as ordinary deco.
This mill turned out a little too big, more pics on this page:
http://portal.charlamov.com/windlebridge/Pages/miller.aspx
but is absolutely playable (and will be even better with the new spiral stairs soon, when I get to play it next.)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 08, 16:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can try it. I don't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you had a neighborhood camera that let you zoom in close enough to see where you're sticking it. I haven't yet tried turning nhood objects into regular deco, although I don't see why that wouldn't work... I'll try it both ways, I guess.

Fail.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 08, 17:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*worships SaraMK
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 09, 22:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehm, the Dutch and Spanish windmills are switched; the wooden one should be Dutch.

Anyway, those shipwrecks are fabulous. Will definitely nab for my sister's Twikii hoods.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 August 16, 21:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link in the first post is outdated; try this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?001owiau55t4568
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: