More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:52:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  M&G borked my room mate?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: M&G borked my room mate?  (Read 5505 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
M&G borked my room mate?
« on: 2008 November 23, 20:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed it and now my room mate's portrait isn't showing up - everything else seems to be working fine(yes I have lots of mods but mainly from here, TwoJeffs & Inge).

Any suggestions would be welcome ...

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Re: M&G borked my room mate?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 24, 01:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so I installed with my Downloads folder in place, fine.

After reading the last post I un-installed M&G, pulled my Downloads folder and re-installed without it.

I went into the offending apartment and the room mate's portrait is still not there. Just not there - the room mate is still present and functioning just fine, everything seems to be fine as well - just no picture of her to click. I would consider this a feature if it wasn't for the fact that I need to temporarily have control of her to assign her a bed. I also like to see where the satisfaction level is, just for chuckles.

My Mods are not at fault here - M&G appears to be.

Any suggestions? Or am I the only one suffering from this glitch?

Cass.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 24, 10:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem.  Using testingcheats and "makeselectable" put the roomates portrait back until I unselected him.

This was in vanilla--no stuff game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 24, 10:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the Roommate normally display in the same panel as your playables, or are they a pet, or what? I may get around to adding a Roommate Unborker.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 24, 10:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run room-mates as per normal. They show up on the pet side-panel and if the pet cheats are on, roomies are similar to playables. They can't get an aspiration hit, unfortunately, don't know if it's frozen or not. Also there's no inventory, just the roomie meter instead. I usually keep mine pretty happy so they rarely run errands.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 24, 13:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen this too. First a roomie became unselectable, then later one of the normal inhabitants. Solved by using the Simlogical Cat to make them selectable, roomate showed in the right place. Roomates show to the right of the pets, in their own "row".
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 24, 18:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an opposite issue, apparently; a sim married a roommate and then they moved in a non-apt home, but the former RM was still in the pets bar, and with the roommate meter and such. I tried moving her out, making her a townie, even moving her alone in a lot, nothing worked.
At last, I had to make a hack to manually clear the damned flag; it was the PersonFlags 1 - flag #0x000C set and stucked.

Possibly, that weird behavior can depend by the same issue, only the opposite way. If somebody wants to try, I attach the hack (it's my romanceflagsbatchcleaner with those options addeeded). Make the borked RM selectable and then choose "set roommate flag", and see if it works.

N.B: if you already have the original hack, disable it first, since their GUIDs are the same.

ETA: Ooops, attached the wrong hack. Now the fixed one, please excuse me.

* marhis-RomanticFlagsBatchCleaner-rm.rar (65.34 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 24, 19:22:16 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 24, 20:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roomate has always shown in the "pets" panel and that's where it is if I use the boolprop  "make selectable" option.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 24, 20:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are so right, they are in the same row, pets and roomies, sorry for that.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 24, 21:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I went to use your mod Marhis - however making her selectable solved the problem. Room mates are funny that way you can select them but you can't tell them to DO anything. Making her selectable has put her picture back up and she is acting like she did before. Perfect ...

So - problem solved? Smiley

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 25, 00:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know, therefore that flag was still in place Smiley.

BTW you can  tell them to do stuff, just like a playable sim; with the controlpets cheat.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 30, 15:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remember to take your downloads folder out before you installed? I've heard that can bork things. I don't know in what way though. Normally it's not a big deal for SPs but this one is being treated as an EP so it's always better to err on the side of caution.

It never occurred to me the installation of a new game with tamper with the Downloads folder. I guess all the installation does is to open a new folder in ProgramFiles and copy things to it; copy some other files to my save folder in MyDocuments; copy something to the start menu and then set up some Windows registries. I guess it won't touch the downloads folder.... But the installation of a new game with mess up custom contents in the way that when you run the new game for the first time, it will automatically disable custom contents. So, if you accidentally save a lot at this time, the next time you go to the same lot you will find all your custom contents missing... I am not sure about what have happened to others, but I myself came across something like this before.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: