More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:52:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Matchmaker
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Matchmaker  (Read 4744 times)
queenbrat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Matchmaker
« on: 2008 November 28, 20:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I call the matchmaker since I got AL she will come and the Sim pays her for a blind date and then it resets to the matchmaker arriving but the money comes out anyway.What a racket lol.Anyway I didnt have this problem before I got Al. Huh
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Matchmaker
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 28, 20:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't really get that. What do you mean by 'it resets to the matchmaker arriving'?

INEPT INTP
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 28, 21:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tsarina:  I think she meant that she gets a jump error and the matchmaker resets.  Sounds like she's playing with debug off to me.

Queenbrat:
I would inquire, in a tired sort of way, if you have tested this scenario in a vanilla game.  If not, remove your Downloads folder and test.  If the problem goes away, you need to find the hack that is conflicting and remove it.  Binary search is your friend.  See the FAQ for details.  You've been lurking here a few months.  Perhaps you know this drill already.  It is possible that this is a case of tight pants and you have a pre-AL hack in there somewhere.

When testing, play with debug mode ON and test to see if you get an error message - playing with debug mode off shows you the jumps, but does not allow you to see the actual error.  Always play with debug mode on so you can see when errors occur.

Other than this, the Matchmaker/Gypsy is known to have issues, notably that she is incredibly bad at providing anything reasonably resembling a good match (often providing teens as dates for adult sims).  Many of us have stopped using the Matchmaker altogether.

Tribulatio proxima est
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 28, 21:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use TwoJeffs' crystal ball as an alternative to the idiotic matchmaker.

Fail.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 28, 22:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use TwoJeffs' crystal ball as an alternative to the idiotic matchmaker.
If the OP is not satisfied with the normal, intended behavior of the matchmaker, this may be a useful suggestion. However, odds are that the OP is describing something wrong. If there is something wrong, either because of tight pants or an impeding BFBVFS, ignoring the problem and installing another hack isn't going to help.

In short, stupid advice is stupid.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 28, 23:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fact: No one could be satisfied with normal, intended behavior, since it is made of fail. Fail has been described by others, above.

Fact: OP has already been advised about tight pants. It is not necessary to advise about tight pants again. If OP has a brain, OP will follow advice and loosen tight pants.

Fact: Advice offers long term solution, post pants-loosening, that OP may not be aware of. Solution bypasses fail. It is made of win.

Fact: You are stupid.

Fail.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 29, 02:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fact: No one could be satisfied with normal, intended behavior, since it is made of fail. Fail has been described by others, above.

Fact: OP has already been advised about tight pants. It is not necessary to advise about tight pants again. If OP has a brain, OP will follow advice and loosen tight pants.

Fact: Advice offers long term solution, post pants-loosening, that OP may not be aware of. Solution bypasses fail. It is made of win.

Fact: You are stupid.

Ninja Senator has summed up the facts nicely here.

Final Assessment:  SaraMK PWNS talysman.

Tribulatio proxima est
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 29, 03:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't know - the gypsy is pretty useful for fulfilling those annoying LTWs for 50 first dates.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 29, 08:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pump and dump is pretty much the only way to actually do that LTW, since there is simply no natural reason why someone would ever get that many otherwise.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 29, 08:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the exception of challenge games. I've seen a challenge where to get a perfect score you basically have to have fifty dream first dates with negative-chemistry matches, without using love potion. It sounds kind of boring to me; to do it, you'd just have to build up fifty 100/100 friendships with negative-chemistry people, get the date, and flirt once for insta-love. I don't know if there are enough negative-chemistry townies to do it; you might have to create your own. But some people find it interesting, I guess.

Officially Weird
queenbrat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 29, 09:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thank you all for replying.Yes,I have been lurking since I dont know what you all are talking about half the time but am trying to learn. Plus, last time I posted I insulted Pescado so I figured silence might be best for a bit.  Lips sealed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: