More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:04:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  No Titles for Witches
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Titles for Witches  (Read 12527 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
No Titles for Witches
« on: 2008 November 29, 10:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really simple, I just removed the text from the witches/warlocks so it doesn't show as Blah Bluh the Incredibly Annoying Warlock anymore. The file has to be titled Live.package or this won't work.

Updated, compressorized.

* Live.package (2.62 KB - downloaded 625 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 29, 11:18:50 by Simsbaby » Logged

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: No Titles for Witches
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 29, 11:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already have a live.package from Jordi, for names. Is there any way to concatenate the two?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 29, 11:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming this won't affect already spawned/made witches? Or will it?
It will affect all of the witches.
I already have a live.package from Jordi, for names. Is there any way to concatenate the two?
Do you have SimPe? It should be fine if you export the strings from mine and import them into that one.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 30, 04:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really simple, I just removed the text from the witches/warlocks so it doesn't show as Blah Bluh the Incredibly Annoying Warlock anymore. The file has to be titled Live.package or this won't work.
Now I'm inspired to actually make that as a title.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 30, 04:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you make it optional!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 06, 23:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necroing to ask if this still works. I have it installed and my Sims still get annoying witch titles.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 07, 05:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still works fine for me with M&G installed. Do you have any other package files named 'Live.package' in your downloads folder?

Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 07, 19:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you think this is an eccelent excelent excellent idea and you are glad you thought of it?
EDIT: Stupid Spanish class screwing with my consonantitude! TWICE!

TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 07, 20:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still works fine for me with M&G installed. Do you have any other package files named 'Live.package' in your downloads folder?

No, of course not. Aside from this being the only Live.package I've ever downloaded, my only other addons are every package inside the FFS Director's Cut zip for AL.

Oh, I guess the only Stuff pack I have installed is GL but that shouldn't matter.

EDIT: I even used the Lot Debugger to remove the witch title and it reappeared within seconds.  Undecided
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 09, 18:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I'm still baffled by this. After placing the Live.package in Downloads failed to work, I decided to edit the AL default Live.package inside the resources folder with the modified strings. The replacement was simple and smooth, modifying nothing else in the file.

However, even though the titles aren't present in any of the files now, my witch Sims are still somehow getting the titles back automatically. Is there anywhere else these title strings are contained?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 11, 01:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems likely.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 11, 06:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the problem. Apparently my game's language was set to UK English and the strings I modified (and this thread's file modified) were just for the default English. Fixed my game's language in the registry and it's all peachy now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 11, 07:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, you could just clear the EN_UK stringset in the mod. Changing your game's language in midstream does bad, bad shit to your neighborhood. And fucks up your clock.

TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 11, 18:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing bad's happened yet, as far as I can see. Guess for now I'll consider myself lucky.

Though, what do you mean by the clock? It seems normal to me...
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 11, 19:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, you could just clear the EN_UK stringset in the mod. Changing your game's language in midstream does bad, bad shit to your neighborhood. And fucks up your clock.
Why not fix the string sets for all languages?  If a certain title has the same index in the string table for all languages, that should be doable.  If not, could require some translation.  I could help with the Polish stringset if you'd like.

Pescado, can the bad, bad shit be undone or not?  Would changing back to the original language help at all or just screw things up more?

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 11, 20:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well assuming you change the language with the game closed, it would affect all neighborhoods, not just one. Thus, all of them would eventually explode, BFBVFS style.

I'm not saying JM's wrong, just saying that said bad shit hasn't made itself known yet. I've watched the boards long enough to know he knows wtf he's talking about.

EDIT: Oh, and you should be able to easily modify the stringsets for all languages in the file since every string is only going to consist of "%s" anyways, regardless of how the titles were written in those languages. I was going to do that until I realized that my game's language being set incorrectly would probably bring this issue up again down the road.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 12, 07:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, can the bad, bad shit be undone or not?  Would changing back to the original language help at all or just screw things up more?
Putting it back may help, but the damage may already be done. People have reported that changing their install locale results in their sims being arbitrarily renamed. YMMV. The neighborhood won't EXPLODE, but you may end up with everyone's names messed up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: