More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 17:33:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack/mod for perma-plat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack/mod for perma-plat  (Read 5749 times)
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hack/mod for perma-plat
« on: 2008 November 26, 02:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to find something that can turn off the perma platinum mood meter off ever since I got Hobbies (some months ago). I was unable to find anything at that time that worked. I tried with InSIMenator to turn it off and some mod I found here. I couldn't stand playing with it so the only option that I saw was to uninstall hobbies. I never play with aging off but I like to fulfill to sims' wants to make them have stuff to do so the bar filled way too quickly.

Thought to check if anyone has made anything to turn it off? All I've found is the SemiPermaPlat hack by Hook which isn't really what I'm looking for I think.

Also want to ask if Apartment Life comes with that annoying perma plat mood meter too? (that is if you don't have Hobbies...)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack/mod for perma-plat
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 26, 02:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been exploring various possibilities in permaplat studies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 26, 12:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check Dizzy's hacks. One of those hacks 'downgrades' permaplat to permagold aspiration.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 26, 16:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that one, but couldn't get it to work. This was several months ago, however, so if it is no longer abandoned you might get better results.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 26, 18:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check Dizzy's hacks. One of those hacks 'downgrades' permaplat to permagold aspiration.
The problem with such a "downgrade" is that it essentially makes it worthless, since now you gain basically nothing out of it. My "alternate" approach that I'm exploring is that, instead of giving permanent-ASP (which does nothing, as all ASP level except platinum are all basically the same), to make it so it instead gives the mood boost to eliminate the constant and annoying mood swings, without actually giving an asp-lock so you can pursue want goals as normal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 26, 19:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the semipermaplat hack by hook quite helpful. It will let a permaplat simīs aspiration meter still decrease, albeit more slowly than before gaining permaplat. It is also the only thing I found, that had any effect on the permaplat-status given by the lifetime meter at all. It might still help you unitl pescado releases something. I use it without any problems, but I donīt have AL or M&G installed. Permaplat sims are really boring and I hate how freetime added this hard to escape permaplat with the lifetime meter. I additionally have a hack from the peasantry installed that slows the filling of the lifetime meter down.

The combination does reduce the annoyance factor of the lifetime meter quite a bit.
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 26, 21:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see. Thank you for your replies. I'd really love to see something that switches the perma-plat meter off entirely and lets the game be as before it was introduced... but that's what I'd like and well, I understand it might not be what everyone else also would like.

The idea you have Pescado seems to be closest to what I'm looking for. I hope you can make something out of it!

No one knows if the perma-plat meter is introduced in AL as well? (If you have the original game, I think it might say something in the manual if it is. Would really appreciate to know before getting it.)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 26, 23:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the Prima Guide (yes, I know), Lifetime Aspiration IS carried forward from FreeTime.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Telcara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 10, 23:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would simply like to say that I could no longer resist to own the final piece to my The Sims 2 collection and I can now confirm that Apartment Life does come with the evil permaplat.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: