More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:26:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Stick a house on this lot! Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stick a house on this lot! Challenge  (Read 24082 times)
Liv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Stick a house on this lot! Challenge
« on: 2008 November 23, 20:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been sitting on this lot for ages now. It's the largest size (6x6), and carved out exactly how I'd like it to be for multiple generations of use. The problem is designing the perfect house for it. Even though as a builder I'm not a total failure, I have this small issue where I love everybody else's building skills a lot more than I love my own. I lurk around the House of Phail challenge threads all the time, marveling at the things the entrants do in build mode. So I figured I'd take a shot and see if anybody here would like to see what they could build on my lot.

You can find my lot here:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=768295

(If you could call them) Specifications
No custom content, please.
The house can be furnished.
I'd prefer the house to be built with Awesomespecs taken in to mind, somewhat. All I'm looking for is playability and space for all the fun filled scenarios, rewards, hobbles, and pets. I would prefer that a desk not be placed at all, though.
5+ Bedrooms (Including two master suites)
6+ Bathrooms (Including the two that are in the master suites)
Substantial space for entertaining (parties)

*Regarding the stream*
Do not alter the stream. The small portion that the stream cuts off from the rest of the property is intended for a family cemetery or mausoleum. I'd prefer it if there was a bridge connecting either side so ghosts can still haunt, and family can still visit to pay their respects.

I'm open to anything and will greatly appreciate anybody and everybody who decides to take me up on this challenge. So... is anybody in the mood to build? My sims, who are probably very tired of living on a large plot of grass (no matter how lush that grass happens to be) will also be grateful.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 21:31:10 by Liv » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Stick a house on this lot! Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 23, 21:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pics pls?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Liv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 23, 21:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that! Picture now included.

I figured that since it was a houseless lot, and that the main image on the upload at TS2.com just about sums it up, pictures would be considered an unnecessary waste of space.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 23, 22:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a flat lot? (I am assuming yes, but we all know what assuming does)

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Liv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 24, 00:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to say a definite "yes", because there's always a chance I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive the lot is flat. I build in a neighborhood that is for the very most part flat, and this lot was initially placed on a plateau that appeared as flat as can be.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 24, 09:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is unclear why this is a challenge, since this lot is otherwise not distinct from any other lot the same size, so you could just plop down any old house that fits. What's your point? This challenge FAILS because you are STUPID and you SUCK.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 24, 09:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and .. 6x6? WTF? I build cities on that space. 6x6 is not useable except for a few people with dedicated gaming rigs (and a lot of patience).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 24, 09:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really makes you wonder how on Earth they plan to pull off "a world without hamster cages" in TS3.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 24, 09:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a 'I'm too damn lazy to make my own legacy lot so I will see if anyone is dumb enough to do it for me' challenge.

No thanks, hun. Anyway, aren't you supposed to move the sim in and build from scratch? Or have they changed the legacy rules?

Liv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 24, 14:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I adhere to the move-out rule a little loosely, provided they take a penalty in funds. It's more of an adapted challenge than an actual legacy challenge.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 24, 15:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a "house of fail" game, without a house to start with.  Might be someone who wants to build from scratch, but the fun part of the "house of fail" thing was seeing what other people did with the original design.  There is no "template" here.

Tribulatio proxima est
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 24, 15:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That and .. 6x6? WTF? I build cities on that space. 6x6 is not useable except for a few people with dedicated gaming rigs (and a lot of patience).

I can use a 6x6 lot, do not have a lot of patience, and do not have what would be considered a dedicated gaming rig.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 24, 17:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used the 6x6. Honestly, the largest I've used for a long, long time is the 4x4*, and that was for a soccer stadium with eatery. In my legacies, I used a 3x3 and funded away the excess money. A 6x6 is just not practical. Nor are mansions of the size wanted. You'll be searching for sims for hours.

I think it's an interesting "challenge", just not of a big audience due to the size.

*I do have a 5xwhatever beach lot. It's a facade for the military career.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 24, 19:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A 6x6 is just not practical. Nor are mansions of the size wanted. You'll be searching for sims for hours.

I think it's an interesting "challenge", just not of a big audience due to the size.

I've found that I'm (unfortunately) so much of a micro-manager, that I don't have much trouble at all keeping track of them on a large lot. It's clear that you're certainly right about there not being much of an audience, though. I thought I'd take a shot, as it is more of a "challenge" than it is a challenge. It's more like handing out a lump of clay and saying "have at it" than it is like giving people a goal to achieve. Thanks for the input. I suppose my curiosity is satiated! If there is anybody who would like to mess with my lot, it remains uploaded. Do whatever with it, of course. I'd love to see any results.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 24, 19:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually only put community pools and recreation centres on a 6x6.  My all in one shopping and fitness park is on a 6x6 (which I built in base game and added onto through the EPs).  You could try to find a 6x6 comm lot and put your stream and trees in, rezone it to residential and you'd be off and running with only some furnishing and renovation to do.  Your sims could move in, at least.

Tribulatio proxima est
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 24, 22:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Zazazu, the largest lot I've used recently was 4x4.  And that lot has three family houses (each house sleeps 8 - has 3 bedrooms, twin-capable nursery, 4 bathrooms, lockable kitchen, etc) on it, plus the communal playground, gym, chess, and bbq area.

6x6 is waaay more space than you'll ever need.

You'd be better off looking at one of those sites where they love the big flashy ginormous (virtually unplayable) lots.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 25, 05:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like 6x6 lots. I like lots of house and lots of garden.  Embarrassed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 25, 05:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suck at building, so it doesn't make much difference if I stick my giant eye-sore box on a 2x2 or a 6x6 lot.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 25, 05:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like 6x6 lots. I like lots of house and lots of garden.  Embarrassed
Are you embarrassed? I like little house, little garden, mostly because I layer the gardening so thick that it takes awhile to landscape. Example: Sutherland main home, just the bit by the entry (there's a little sitting area that is just past the camera as well):

Right now I'm working on a set of 5 community lots that make a 3x3 square.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 25, 06:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. I might be up to the challenge.

What EPs/SPs do you have? I have all the EPs, no SPs. Need to know. You want it furnished, unfurnished?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 25, 09:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, locking this because it is stupid and it sucks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: