More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:21:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No Modular Stairs Next to Wall
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Modular Stairs Next to Wall  (Read 7032 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
No Modular Stairs Next to Wall
« on: 2008 November 22, 19:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I just tested this with no hacks,no CC--in fact the entire downloads folder was removed to make sure nothing had crept in under cover of hash numbers.  I have all EPs and all Stuff Packs.   I do not use the no CD patch.   I've only noticed it since M&G Stuff went in, but it may have manifested itself before without my realizing it.

I cannot place modular stairs next to a wall.  I can put the wall in afterwards, so it's not a totall disaster, but it's a nuisance. 

I've tested this in a house consisting of nothing but a two story cube with no other walls so I know there's nothing blocking it on the first story.

ANy ideas?
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
Re: No Modular Stairs Next to Wall
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 23, 15:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no advice, just a "me, too" on noticing this problem last night with the purchased version of M&G and naked of mods awesome or otherwise.  Noticed it first trying to build a new lot, thought it might be tight pants and went to bed.  Today tried removing/rebuilding stairs I used in both and occupied and unoccupied lots, one with 2 straight runs and one with an L/stage landing and still no go.  Game displays a "cannot place step" with arrow pointing to a floor tile a few spaces away from the floor tile that I'm trying to drop the staircase from.  Work-around of dropping into the middle of a room away from partitions works, as for Lerf.

EDIT: "moveobjects on" lets me build modular stairs next to walls again.  BAAA to SaraMK.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 23:54:46 by Knukleur » Logged

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 23, 16:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does moveobjectson help?

Fail.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 23, 19:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, I've noticed this same problem as of late too. Move_objects on doesn't appear to do me any good-- I still get the same message.  Huh

ETA: Okay, just in case anybody else has the same problem I did with move_objects not working (maybe I was just lucky?) exiting and reentering the lot, THEN entering the cheat did the trick for me. Not sure why it mattered, though.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 24, 21:32:16 by Sigmund » Logged

I sing along with elevator music.
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 26, 11:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game it seems to be happening at random (meaning I'm incapable of seeing the underlying pattern). I first noticed it after installing M&G, and after fiddling with it for a bit realised that removing walls helped. Still, the problem doesn't arise every time I place modular stairs, and the behaviour isn't even consistent in a particular setting.

The other day I built a house, experienced this bug, removed walls, put in stairs, replaced walls, and moved on to picking wallpapers. After having come up with a colour scheme I decided I wanted to change the stairs, and being lazy I tried to do it without first removing any walls. It worked just fine. All I'd done in between was to apply wallpaper - no exiting lot, no opening cheat console, nothing. Very strange, indeed.
ShadySentinel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
EAxis broke the stairs. And possibly the doors.
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 02, 21:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed M&G, the modular stairs have gotten awfully picky. You have to delete any and all walls that would surround it above, otherwise it says it can't reserve the space above the stairs. Once the walls are deleted, you can place the stairs and then replace any walls and windows and repaint, which is a pain in the ass.
Also, I can no longer place Maxis doors on diagonal walls. In fact, the little flag that pops up when I try to place them says, "Cannot be placed on a diagonal."
 Angry
Any fixes available or hope for a fix?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: EAxis broke the stairs. And possibly the doors.
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 02, 22:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Doors are fine on diagonal walls in my game make sure you have not the new quartertile cheat active when placing them.
ShadySentinel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 02, 23:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh, I have tried that! I also do not have moveobjects activated. Or snapobjects.
My game just hates me.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 03, 22:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh, I have tried that! I also do not have moveobjects activated. Or snapobjects.
My game just hates me.
Try with moveobjects activated, and see if that helps - it seems to help for others.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
ShadySentinel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 05, 22:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then all it does is sit straight on the diagonal wall instead of turning itself.
I'll investigate further...Thanks anyways. Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: