More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:44:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Neighborhood Object Gone Missing with AL Patch 2!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood Object Gone Missing with AL Patch 2!!!  (Read 11370 times)
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Neighborhood Object Gone Missing with AL Patch 2!!!
« on: 2008 November 22, 06:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found out that after I have the second Apartment Life patch installed, the new building which is a neighborhood object has being missing... It is still shown in the game but when you click on it, it just become that one from Nightlife...

Is this fixable Huh Or did EAxis simply secrewed up everything so much when they made the patch they have deleted the relevant contents inside catcanhobjects.bundle.package?

This is the new building from AL... And notice that the one from Nightlife is missing.

When you click on it, it becomes the missing Nightlife building.... In other words, the two GUIDs of the building become the same with AL Patch 2... And the mesh and texture for the AL buidling becomes missing!

Could someone who haven't patched the game and is awesome enough fix this please? This can be fixed by cloning the building, I guess... At the same time, I have already requested EAxis to make the 3rd patch for this. But as we all know, EA has been facing financial problems and I guess they have cut down on labors. They may not have the hands for making the third patch in the meantime. So we had better fix it ourselves![/size][/s]
« Last Edit: 2008 November 22, 11:29:26 by SiuPang » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood Object Gone Missing with AL Patch 2!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 22, 06:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has always been borked. It is only a matter of which method of Borkedness you prefer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 22, 06:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has always been borked. It is only a matter of which method of Borkedness you prefer.

Pescado.. I just looked into the ObjectsXX.package and found that SHPE, CRES and other relevant contents like that have been removed!!! Not fixable unless I have the pre-patch files.
WTF, EAxis!!!!! I need that building the decorate my neighborhood!!! Give it back to me, EAxis!!!! *ANGRY*
tippytoeturnip
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 22, 09:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This pissed me the heck off too, and I'd been looking for the Nightlife building as a clone, Neighbourhood99 had it and they've put up the AL building now too: http://n99forumpaks.djssims.com/index.php?category=4&subcat=11 Furthest down the page.
  "If you want that new building back I've extracted it and you can now find it in My MediaFire folder (CTN_Maxis_NbhdBuildingAL.zip)"

All swedes are turnips, but not all turnips are Swedish
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 22, 11:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This pissed me the heck off too, and I'd been looking for the Nightlife building as a clone, Neighbourhood99 had it and they've put up the AL building now too: http://n99forumpaks.djssims.com/index.php?category=4&subcat=11 Furthest down the page.
  "If you want that new building back I've extracted it and you can now find it in My MediaFire folder (CTN_Maxis_NbhdBuildingAL.zip)"

Oh! Thx so much... But IIRC, once both buildings can coexist.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 22, 11:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more thing, I just discovered that the mesh and the texture of the missing building is still in the game... So, kinda inspired by N99, I make a fix of this problem by my self... creating a new object which uses the exisiting mesh and texture from the game.... it's very similar to the one from N99, but with smaller size. Hope you will like it  Wink

* Building_Com1.package (1.95 KB - downloaded 273 times.)
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 22, 14:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This "might" have been fixed in M&G.   I seem to have both buildings.  I remember only having the new AL one after the initial install of the EP, then only the NL one after the first patch.  Can't remember what happened after the 2nd patch, but now that M&G is installed, both buildings are back.   

If you are not planning on installing M&G, as tippytoeturnip posted, you can get them from Neighbourhood99s website.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 22, 16:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that both buildings were restored by M&G. But the original billboards sans graffiti are still missing. You can get them from CTNutmegger's MediaFire shared folder too.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 23, 10:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest... If both buildings are back, do they appear correctly in both Belladonna Cove and Downtown, or are they still screwed up?
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 23, 11:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest... If both buildings are back, do they appear correctly in both Belladonna Cove and Downtown, or are they still screwed up?

I guess the ones in Downtown will be fine... But those in Belladonna Cover will be screwed up, as I guess the two shared one single GUID before and the AL's 2nd Patch make the downtown one override the AL one, the downtown one will be shown.

I guess what M&G has done is making a new separate object with the AL building....

Anyway, thx for the news about M&G as I haven't got it yet but will get it next week.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 30, 18:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for that link Darcy! I was thinking about them yesterday when I visited my Strangetown Downtown which I hadn't visited since OFB only to find most of my billboards were now graffiti covered.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 30, 18:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for that link Darcy! I was thinking about them yesterday when I visited my Strangetown Downtown which I hadn't visited since OFB only to find most of my billboards were now graffiti covered.

But one of the billboards there is broken... I made a fix for myself... But it's not convenient to post it without N99's consent.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 01, 21:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Broken? Really? They all seem to work fine in my game.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 01, 22:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But one of the billboards there is broken... I made a fix for myself... But it's not convenient to post it without N99's consent.

Because?

ISFJ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 01, 23:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because?
Maybe s/he's thinking of posting the file. You can just link, ya know?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 02, 04:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't N99 the site that has picky registrations that have to be approved?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 02, 05:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Broken? Really? They all seem to work fine in my game.

One of them has a flashy blue mesh at its back.

OK... you guys can download this fix for the N99 borked billboard.

Moderator edit: double posting fixed

* CTN_MaxisMissingBillboard4.package (47.34 KB - downloaded 273 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 07:24:44 by BastDawn » Logged
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 15, 19:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks SiuPang. I noticed the mistake in my game earlier today and have now downloaded your fix to correct it. I wish I had bookmarked this page though as it was a git to find again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: