More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:06:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Game won't start
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game won't start  (Read 8327 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Game won't start
« on: 2008 November 20, 05:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed Freetime and no cd crack from GameBurnWorld.  Started up game and played half a dozen times.No problems. Tried to start up today and it wouldn't. 

Double click on desktop icon, nothing happens. Double click on exe itself and nothing happens.

Right click on desktop icon, select run as, asked to select account, even though I only have one. Chose current user. Game started but it was not my game. (Found second copy in shared Documents folder.) Tried running on my own account and it wouldn't start without a password, which I have never had.

Tried restarting computer, game still would not start.

Downloaded a different crack from GameCopyWorld and replaced the exe.  Still doesn't start.

Any suggestions?  I do NOT want to get Securom back on there.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Game won't start
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 20, 05:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, you must put on these:

Then, go into your My Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 folder and delete the file named 'groups.cache'.  Run game.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 20, 16:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The church is doing a membership drive is it, Khan?

Tribulatio proxima est
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 21, 07:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly I couldn't get the pants to stretch enough to get them on.  Which is a good thing as far as the sanity of my neighbors is concerned.

Anyway, I went ahead and deleted the groups.cache and LO, the game started with no problems.  Thankee, thankee. 

Does anyone know what causes that file to go blooie so often?  I've had it cause crashes during loading  but never completely prevent starting before.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 21, 07:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets corrupted, just like Khan hoped you would be by putting on his Khan-Pants Cheesy

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 21, 07:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets corrupted, just like Khan hoped you would be by putting on his Khan-Pants Cheesy

What I was wondering was what causes that file to get corrupted so easily.  What's in it? What does it do?

As for corrupting me, Hmmmm, I am way past tight pants.   Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 21, 08:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I just say thanks for the lulz? In 7 posts, I've roffled more than I have reading the rest of MATY throughout the day.

All posts are full of WIN!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 21, 08:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my case, all pants are tight pants Cheesy Too much cheesecake y'know.

I dunno what is in there, Pescado'd probably tell you.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 21, 09:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In where? Your tight pants? Pescado is privvy to this information? Geez Emma, a lady should keep some things to herself you know!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 21, 10:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Embarrassed

I phrased that badly, I mean in the Groups.cache Cheesy

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 21, 14:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL - anything else you want to explain, Emma?  Is there any connection to why your sim always spews hearts when simPescado walks by?  Shocked

Tribulatio proxima est
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 21, 17:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, gruesome death to multitudinous types of enigmatic Emmas!  It is not corruption, it is called *redemption*, and the path to *salvation*!  For some, at least, who are worthy, and who have not been abusing cheesecake.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 21, 17:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure those pants would be a sure sign that someone is going to Hell in some more... uptight religions.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 21, 19:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Oh, gruesome death to multitudinous types of enigmatic Emmas!  It is not corruption, it is called *redemption*, and the path to *salvation*!  For some, at least, who are worthy, and who have not been abusing cheesecake.

Now this sounds like an interesting religion. Details?  I might want to be an acolyte.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 21, 20:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure those pants would be a sure sign that someone is going to Hell in some more... uptight religions.

Yea, but the First Church of Sexy Buttcheeks is fully on board with the pants....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 21, 21:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this sounds like an interesting religion. Details?  I might want to be an acolyte.

The Sacred Order and Temple of What Might Eventually Be Beyond Mere Hot Pants is always ready to accept new members into the fold. 

It is a simple thing, really.  All members strive for certain enlightenment.  This divinely inspired illumination is only realized through meditation and contemplation of the sacred mysteries revealed through the hot pants.  The secret mysteries expose unto the properly educated initiate the inescapable and ineffable truth of all things concealed in nature by the power and enigma of hot pants.

Cult Church members work to advance the cause of the temple, hopefully by bringing in many suitable, nubile candidates (male or female) that are adequately and quite righteously attired in proper hot pants.  This is a key component of the movement, you see, because for many people, these sublime mysteries as I have already promised can simply never be understood. (Along with most other, more ordinary things.) These unfortunates can still do their part for the rest of us by competently exhibiting the holy symbol of our cause, thereby allowing the rest of us ready focus for contemplation and transcendence beyond the base, mundane, material concerns shrouded by the mysteries.

You see here I have already revealed to you some of what might be considered hearsay you may not understand.

Hopefully, if you are interested, you might show more aptitude at recruiting than other members.  Everyone wants to join, of course, but no one wants to wear the sacred hot pants, or bring in new members with the proper qualities to wear them. (By qualities it is meant no otherwise obvious useful ones)  This is causing an unacceptable obstruction to the attainment of righteous, transcendent glory.  Naturally, if you just want to model the hot pants, that is always acceptable.

There is nothing uptight about this religion, except the uniform!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 21, 22:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And someone needs to make a better version for the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: