More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:11:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  EAXIS DUMBEST MISTAKE YET!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAXIS DUMBEST MISTAKE YET!!!!  (Read 21165 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: EAXIS DUMBEST MISTAKE YET!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 21, 05:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I got it to install.  It took only the sacrifice of a couple of goats and sticking pins in a Mr. Humble Doll.

Actually the problem was on my end, and probably could have been solved without bloodshed if, on both of my phone calls, EAXIS had actually gotten details about my system and not pretended it knew the answer to the problem.  And I also admit that I'm probably the only person in the world who would have done this.

Shortly before AL came out we installed a second hard drive (F:) on my system and I reinstalled the Sims2, EPs and the Stuff packs to it.  I've been using computers since the long-ago era when putting a space in a file or folder name could cause problems, so I often leave the space out when naming them.  Consequently I had the Sims2 and all the EPs installed to F:My Documents\EAGames.  However, when I installed AL I apparently specified F:My DOcuments\EA Games and AL was installed there.  THe game found it with no problems, and I don't recall having any problems with patching it originally, though I'm not entirely sure.   (I know it wouldn't patch BV even though that was before the installation of the F: drive, so I may have decided it was just some sort of glitch I'd worry about later.)

I reinstalled it to the EAGames directory after I realized that it wasn't in the right folder.  This time it ran the patch and installed M&G with no problems at all.

So now I have mansard roofs, and three exciting kinds of pond scum. 

OK, the new roof slope tool is actually almost worth the trouble, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with the quarter space cheat.

There it is.  My mistake compounded by itiots at EA tech support.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 22, 03:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The New No CD EXE is out for MG!

http://gamecopyworld.com/

HarleyBarbie;]

It's a mini-image, not a cracked exe.  It will not stop Securom.  Not safe.

No, there's also a No DVD .exe now. I'm using it. Oh, and I was able to install the game with no problem and I didn't even take out my AL No CD crack because I forgot about it. AL did patch (I'd been avoiding the second patch) and everything went normally.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 22, 03:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excessive Details
You have likely overestimated your problem.
on my fateful try to install MGS, I had the same problem. It seems that somehow, a few files from AL can encounter modification, which has the patch fail. restoring from the AL disc helps.
I reinstalled it to the EAGames directory after I realized that it wasn't in the right folder.  This time it ran the patch and installed M&G with no problems at all.
Reinstalling the game is the automated equivalent of restoring the files from the disk, fixing the issue that FatD brought up.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
jmh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 December 31, 00:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is strange, I have just installed M &G and I have Apartment Life installed and so far haven't had any problems with any of my games being uninstalled.  I didn't use the patch at EA for AL though I used the ones here for my game and haven't had any problems at all.
 Huh
Mulldog Lemon
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 December 31, 04:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is strange
Even stranger, I reinstalled all the packs from start to finish (this only takes around 3 hours....).  MG installs Ok, it just won't run.  The error text vaguely points to directX components, assuming that the error text is related to the actual error.

I can uninstall MG and AL will run again, no problems.

I  installed the latest video card driver and DX9, no change; still will install, but not run.

I hadn't thought to check the installation path, though.   Not that I'm expecting that to work either.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 December 31, 16:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I tried to install M&G it would install, check for updates to SIms2 and then AL.  It would then announce that it could not complete the update of AL and remove the installation.

After 3 tries I called tech support and was told by the rather nice young man that:

THERE IS A BUG. M&G IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH AL!   THERE WILL BE A PATCH SOON!

The frigging IDIOTS at EA forgot about an entire EP!!!  The latest EP!!!

Ive been playing M&G Stuff for some time now. the only glitch ive experanced is when you go to the buy catalog, the pets tab is enabled but i dont have pets installed.
it does not effect game play. i am using a modded no cd. reason for modding is for the sims portrait keeps changing so i modded it with dizzys patch.
You may want to read more of the thread. Lerf isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and took the word of a low-paid, barely-informed, CSR drone (not knocking CSR drones...you are only as good as the info you are given).

The uninstall error is a bug. It can be caused by leaving your no-CD in during install (if you overwrote the original), but also can happen on a Sunday when it's raining.

Also, please to find your SHIFT key. We like our grammar here.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 January 02, 16:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is strange
Even stranger, I reinstalled all the packs from start to finish (this only takes around 3 hours....).  MG installs Ok, it just won't run.  The error text vaguely points to directX components, assuming that the error text is related to the actual error.

I can uninstall MG and AL will run again, no problems.

I  installed the latest video card driver and DX9, no change; still will install, but not run.

I hadn't thought to check the installation path, though.   Not that I'm expecting that to work either.

Are you using a no cd patch? I got that error the first time I used one because I had put the patch in the wrong place. Make sure it is in the TSBin, not just the M&G program folder.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: