More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:06:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Ninjas Wear Black, Dammit!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ninjas Wear Black, Dammit!  (Read 19053 times)
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Ninjas Wear Black, Dammit!
« on: 2008 November 19, 21:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something simple, just because I thought I needed to do it, and I thought perhaps others here might want it.  There really is nothing to this, I finally added BV recently and realized that I just could not abide by not having a black ninja outfit.  This is the simplest of recolors, just the outfit dark enough to be considered black, yet still light enough to show the detail of the folds and such and not make a flat black void on the computer screen.  There is no mask recolor.  The original gray mask is darker than the uniform, so it does not really look too bad with the black outfit.

Download only the 'ninjablackgrownups' if you have the EAxis ninja outfits (from OFB?) in game already and want the black recolors for adults and elders.  There are no meshes included.  Download the 'ninjablackteens' only if you should have the conversion meshes by Cocomama available here:

Mesh conversion Teen Pirates and Ninjas

Ninjas Wear Black, Dammit!

* ninjablackgrownups.7z (182.8 KB - downloaded 640 times.)
* ninjablackteens.7z (109.76 KB - downloaded 506 times.)

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Ninjas Wear Black, Dammit!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 20, 00:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nicely done.  It's so often the obvious things that get forgotten.

Tribulatio proxima est
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 20, 00:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nicely done.  It's so often the obvious things that get forgotten.

Agreed. I hadn't even noticed that the ninja wasn't really black until I saw Kahn's post. Excellent work.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 20, 01:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That conversion package is really shit, too. I compressed that one down to like 8K and eliminated the duplicate texture issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 20, 10:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like those-nice. I have no ninjas in-game yet but I will definitely use these.

Default replacements?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 20, 15:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  I did a bit of Wardrobe Wrangling last night and reclassified a bunch of stuff.  Unfortunately, I sort of went on autopilot after a bit and I'm pretty sure I townified the ninja outfits.  Considering the sado-random aspects of the game, I expect at some point to see entire neighbourhoods full of black ninjas.

Tribulatio proxima est
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 20, 18:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default replacements?

No, just recolor.

Plus, I should perhaps point out, I enabled this uniform for all occasions.  Ever seen a ninja in a winter coat?  I think not.  Ninjas work out in uniform?  Of course.  If you do not like this, feel free to adjust it yourself.  Wardrobe Wrangler works great, or just extract, redo, and then delete the originals.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 20, 19:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kahn, really nice job making it undoubtedly, strongly black but still keeping the shading/highlights clearly discernible. I may have to have a ninja or two in my new 'hood now.

Ever seen a ninja in a winter coat?  I think not.
No, I haven't. But that doesn't mean he wasn't there.  Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 20, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 21, 01:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That image scares me. The angle at which his hand is hanging makes it look like his wrist is broken. It looks like bad photoshopping.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 21, 07:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, I should perhaps point out, I enabled this uniform for all occasions.  Ever seen a ninja in a winter coat?  I think not.  Ninjas work out in uniform?  Of course.  If you do not like this, feel free to adjust it yourself.  Wardrobe Wrangler works great, or just extract, redo, and then delete the originals.

That makes sense. I might enable the ninja costumes as workout gear anyway because I like them and they look the part.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 25, 09:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense. I might enable the ninja costumes as workout gear anyway because I like them and they look the part.

I did that for myself a while ago.  It looks great as workout wear, especially during Tai Chi.
I thought about doing the ninja hat/hair/head wrap too, and assign both to all my eastern locals, but I decided it was too much work.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 25, 12:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that for myself a while ago.  It looks great as workout wear, especially during Tai Chi.
I thought about doing the ninja hat/hair/head wrap too, and assign both to all my eastern locals, but I decided it was too much work.

It also looks good as athletic wear for just about anything you don't find under the "exercise" tab. I love using it when they're playing soccer, but I'm weird that way. I also change them into it before they do the Axe throwing competition.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 25, 14:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's certainly less conspicuous than all the joggers running by in ballet tights.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 25, 15:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was actually during the making of ninja uniforms into athletic wear to use for Tai Chi that I realized there was no black.  Previously I had never used them.

Cloning EAxis masks sucks.  Plus, it creates useless duplicates of non-masked EAxis hair used for sleeping, showering, etc., that you already have in your bin.  Plus, the whole gray hair thing is just unacceptable.  You make masks for each hair color and you end up with four identical ones in the gray custom bin, plus four copies of the gray non-masked hairs.  All, of course, not only the gray, marked custom unless the color binning is manually fixed.  I simply do not have enough interest or patience to sort all of that out.  Stupid EAxis.

I did make some black masks.  They have many of the problems I mentioned, save they are color-binned.  If enough people really wanted them I could possibly share them, but I don't think they are necessary, and they are definitely annoying, at least to me.  Whatever the case, they do not seem worth the disk space required to have them all.  If you really want a mask, I think the gray mask is acceptable.  Not good, but acceptable.  Also, If anyone knows how to fix the mask issues easily and wants to do it, I could provide them for modification.  I am just not that concerned, myself.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 25, 19:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always weed out all the duplicate stuff that you don't want/need.  Hence the "too much work".
Beware when colour binning hats and weird hairs; if you don't change the flags, townies and NPCs will generate with the hairstyle.  In an old neighbourhood I had a taxi driver and restaurant chef both wearing a modified knight's helmet.

Making a default replacement would be less troublesome, but you still have to change the category string for every age and every colour, and I'm lazy.

Edit: OK, I'm not quite as lazy as I thought.
Default replacement version of black texture uploaded.
Recategorized ninja outfits and headgear, available in athletic and everyday, both OFB ninja and BV ninja (unlocked) included in separate and clearly labelled files.  Place in %program files%\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 [LatestEP]\TSData\Res\Overrides to avoid CC star.

Sincere apologies for the invasion, Khan.

* DEFAULTREPLACEMENT_BlackNinjaTexture.rar (152.2 KB - downloaded 329 times.)
* NinjaAthleticWear.rar (2.69 KB - downloaded 342 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 25, 19:57:37 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 26, 03:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sincere apologies for the invasion, Khan.

No apologies are necessary.  I am assuming these can be used alongside those I have made already.  Also, are you saying one of these packages unlocks the BV ninja uniform as buyable, or it unlocks it and replaces it with black, along with, presumably, the NPC ninja's uniform?  That part is not clear.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 26, 19:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screenies:

The OFB ninja uniforms buyable by, so I've just re-categorized them to appear in Athletic as well as Every Day.  Only the BV ninja is hidden, so I've unhidden it as well as re-categorizing, I haven't replaced those textures.  They're all flagged so that townies will not be spawned in them.

The first file is just a texture replacement that replaces the OFB "black" ninja outfit with your black texture. The same texture is used for both genders, adult to elder.  It won't conflict with yours in any way, put if you use both the texture replacement and your recolours you'll have two identical outfits.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 26, 20:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, understood.  I made my ninja uniform available for all occasions, so I probably would not want to go back from that, especially as outerwear, for instance.  I might actually have some use for the gray someday, so replacing it is not a priority.  I might want an old ninja in gray, for example, as if he has never had another uniform and now it is old and faded like him.  I would like to have the mask available in athletic, however, since the standard behavior loses the mask in athletic mode, as I recall.  Your picture shows that this is no longer the case with your package.

The unlocked BV ninja uniform is of much curiosity, however.  Many thanks, this is indeed great! 

Just for the sake of pedantic clarity, for myself and everyone else:

EP3OFB_NinjaHatAthletic.package  [makes all colors of ninja mask available in athletic wear mode]

EP3OFB_NinjaOutfitAthletic.package  [makes all colors of ninja outfit available in athletic wear mode]

DEFAULTREPLACEMENT_BlackNinjaTexture.package  [replaces default gray OFB ninja uniform, both mask and suit, with proper black]

EP6BV_NinjaOutfitHatAthletic.package  [unlocks BV ninja uniform and mask, makes both buyable, both available in athletic wear, but does not apply any recolor to them]

Any or all packages conceivably usable together or standalone, as preferred, depending upon the desired effect?  This is correct?

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 26, 21:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might want an old ninja in gray, for example, as if he has never had another uniform and now it is old and faded like him.

Damn. That's perfect.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 03, 07:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That image scares me. The angle at which his hand is hanging makes it look like his wrist is broken. It looks like bad photoshopping.

Is that guy a Japanese? He doesn't look like a Chinese or Korean...
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 03, 07:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that guy a Japanese? He doesn't look like a Chinese or Korean...

The face (and wrist) has been drastically Photoshopped, so it's hard to say what his features might have originally suggested.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: