More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:44:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  altering butlers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: altering butlers?  (Read 3630 times)
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
altering butlers?
« on: 2008 November 19, 15:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the best way to go about altering neighborhood butlers?  I was able to do some stuff in game with hacks/cheats (age-down from elder->adult and change his hair style) but I stopped before I changed his wardrobe since I worried about screwing the whole neighborhood and quit without saving.

Is this a job for SIMPE .. if so, any basic directions for where to start on modifying a service npcs this way would be awesome. 

Thanks Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: altering butlers?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 19, 16:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want to do is change his appearance (not his behaviour) you can do that with simsurgery in SimPE.  There are tutorials at MTS2 for changing appearances.  I'm pretty sure assigning a different set of clothing as the butler uniform would also not bork the butler; it wouldn't alter any of the butler programming.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 19, 19:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've changed my butler's appearance with the batbox and clothing tool, but the bald hair is part of his uniform, so he'll always be bald while on the job.

I was annoyed at his formal wear.  He walks around all day in a tux, but in the middle of a wedding party he suddenly spun into a patched and worn brown tweed suit.  That just won't do.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 19, 19:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's fine.  The butler is clearly modelled after a P.G. Wodehouse meme, in which the Edwardian butler would wear formalwear while on duty, and tweeds off-duty.  Admittedly, it's odd to see that change in the middle of a wedding, but that's a glitchy clothing change, but not a fault with the particular clothing.  Mind you, if you hate tweed (or Wodehouse) there's no real reason to stick with that.  I've never bothered to change the work uniforms of NPCs, but I know people do it.  Would the bald head not be changeable as well (if it's part of the uniform)?

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 19, 20:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone on the lot changes into formal wear when the wedding arch ceremony starts.  Even random walk-bys and the postman.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 19, 20:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stopped before I changed his wardrobe since I worried about screwing the whole neighborhood and quit without saving.

I've found Christianlov's clothing rack at MTS2 to be the most reliable way to change an NPCs clothing. The NPC will come onto the lot, change into the outfit you select and then leave.  Other methods often leave the NPC behaving strangely or not keep the newly assigned outfit.

I think it also allows for plastic surgery and hair change, but it's possible I'm thinking of one of his other tools. Although I haven't specifically tried these on the butler yet, it has worked for other NPCs I've altered.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 19, 21:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the good replies.  I'll mess around with him this evening and see what I can do with SIMPe and Insimenator.

But... say I manage to screw him until I'm looking at a worst case scenario... the worst thing I'd have to do is delete the custom neighborhood I use and start a new one, right?  Wink
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 19, 21:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine any way you could mess it up beyond what starting a new neighbourhood would fix.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: