More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 08:43:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have Simpotence
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have Simpotence  (Read 91373 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: I have Simpotence
« Reply #100 on: 2005 November 10, 14:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just can't get the desire to play the game lately. I think about it, I sort of want to sometimes, but I just can't do it.

I wish I had your mindset about the game right now, Motoki, cause I can't keep my hands off the game and it's keeping me from doing what I really should be doing.  I go through streaks where I can be satisfied with just a few hours of playing to where I can't stop and it feels like an addiction.

I'm not bored at all with my sims either. I'll have to learn to adjust to a whole new way of playing this way, and I'll have to divvy up my time between the two neighborhoods, but I still think it sounds like fun.

I know what you mean about the addiction thing. I've had entire days spent playing TS2 non-stop, and I'll say to myself "This ain't right". Then I tell myself I can stop myself any time I want to and I just need to get off my back about it.  Wink
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2005 November 10, 15:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coolness? So when do we start? lol
Well, maybe the first thing we need to do is start a Yahoo group to get the discussion off here before we block the site.  Motoki should probably be the one to start it as it was his thread (hard to say "his", I still think of him as an old nanny) and maybe make me a Moderator as I came up with the idea of the neighbourhood thingy and maybe you too Brynne because you're nice and sort of official.  Then we can decide what we're going to do.  One thing's for sure, just prattling on about it in here ain't gonna achieve much.

As for the name of the Yahoo group, everytime I try to think of one I keep getting the word "fuzzy" in my head.  "The Fuzzy Nannies" is so ridiculous it would probably work.  No, forget that, it's silly.  How about something with "awesome" in it, such as "The Most Awesome Neighbourhood Group" or something.  Or perhaps "The Most Awesome Fuzzy Neighbourhood Group" ... see, that word again.  It won't go away.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 November 10, 15:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about More Fuzzy Than You? Err...Fuzzier than You?
Nevermind.  Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 November 10, 15:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Yahoo group would be fine for uploading and downloading, just that the person starting the group would need to enable all the players to upload and download.  I have great difficulties with my Yahoo group, so please, don't axk me to do it!  (I think there is still a limit on file size, but as long as all custom content is removed before creating the families and putting them in a (small) house, that shouldn't be a problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 November 10, 16:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah. Why can't you sort it all out on this site? I want to read all your waffle here, not have to chase about looking for Yahoo! groups.  Cry
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 November 10, 16:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Yahoo group would be fine for uploading and downloading, just that the person starting the group would need to enable all the players to upload and download.  I have great difficulties with my Yahoo group, so please, don't axk me to do it!  (I think there is still a limit on file size, but as long as all custom content is removed before creating the families and putting them in a (small) house, that shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, my groups have a 20mb limit each for total files, and I think 5mb per file.
Doesn't go very far at all.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 November 10, 16:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so excited over this whole idea! Yahoo group or whatever you all decide, please just keep posting to let the rest of us following this idea know what is going on (if Ancient Sim, Brynne and Motoki are the "official" leaders of this) as far as where we could upload/download families, stories, etc.,

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 November 10, 16:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, my friends and I tried the whole Yahoo Groups thing and it was a huge pain in the butt. You can't imbed pictures in your stories. There's a limit on how much you can upload. Etc. Now we use a Livejoural community alongside of having our own Photobucket/Image Shack accounts. It's much more like a message board, you can use HTML and imbed pictures, and there aren't any imposed limits.

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 November 10, 16:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm thinking I may have to move all my files to somewhere else soon. I'd like something with a message board, as well, for my own groups, and I'm not crazy about how the messages are formatted in Yahoo Groups.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 November 10, 16:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the same with every game you play a lot, I suppose. I've usually got about three on the go, so I switch around as the mood takes me.

Playing TS2 has always been very samey for me, mainly because I just play to waste time. I'm not usually interested in making exciting stories, just want to load the thing up, make a couple of houses, have them drop some sprogs and get rich.

I recently started to build some starter homes, moving families into them to depreciate the lot value and then killing them off, and that's where things started to get interesting. Because I don't CARE about these sims, I can molest and torment them to my black little heart's content. I didn't know until now, for instance, that if a sim really hates somebody who then dies, if you try and tell them to "mourn" said sim, they'll actually roar with laughter instead (see picture of Jan Tellerman "mourning" ex-husband Remington).

[attachment deleted by admin]
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 November 10, 17:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Lilith died in one version of my game, I told angela to mourn, she also roared with laughter at the idea, then autonomously kicked the urn into pieces!  In my present game, it was Angela who died (unintentionally, I'd forgotten to put in a fire alarm!) and Lilith went into hysterics at the thought of mourning her!  However, they started phoning each other up after Mary-Sue split up with Daniel and moved out, then resurrected her on another lot, and now they are really good friends, which really surprised me.  I tend to think they got that way through bad parenting by Daniel and Mary-Sue!  But I changed Daniel to Knowledge and Mary-Sue to Family, and they are both much more sensible!  (And Daniel was the one who saw both girls off to college!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: 2005 November 10, 17:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking that maybe I could use one of my websites for all this uploading and downloading, because I have huge masses of spare space and bandwidth on both of them.  I also have another domain name space I've never used, so at a pinch I could start the Sims site I keep muttering about and use that.  It's about time I started a site for all my weird goings-on and this may be the excuse I need.  Will need to think of a good name for it, though.

What I would probably do is put it all onto a secure server and password it, that way only those involved could download the stuff.  I'll need to speak to one of the guys hosting my server though, because at this stage I'm not totally sure what I would need to do.  It's ages since I updated my sites and I don't even have the ftp stuff on my system anymore. 

Will leave you all to ponder on it some more, I have to go out to buy shoes for my kids.  Poor things are going to school barefoot.  Well, not quite, but my daughter's have holes in and she was told-off good and proper for going in trainers. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 November 10, 17:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Joe's second wife, Debbie, died, he and his son mourned all day and into the night (they both ended up with simultaneous thought bubbles of bladder desperation/mourn debbie), but Joe's, brother, Gary walked over and nearly busted a gut. He was not horribly fond of Debbie...

Joe and son, Joey Jr. mourning...

...and Gary thinking it's hysterical as hell.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 November 10, 17:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would probably do is put it all onto a secure server and password it, that way only those involved could download the stuff.  I'll need to speak to one of the guys hosting my server though, because at this stage I'm not totally sure what I would need to do.  It's ages since I updated my sites and I don't even have the ftp stuff on my system anymore. 

Hey, Ancient, will you let me know more about this when you find out? I'm looking to make a website for all my downloads and other sims stuff, and that security issue has been my major concern. I still want only those I approve to download the files. For reasons I've stated elsewhere, a billion times. To avoid redistribution of other creators' stuff that I've used on my sims being the main reason.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 November 10, 18:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not the biggest fan of yahoo groups either though I will use them if I absolutely love something to death and view them as somewhat of a necessary evil in the TS2 world. It's at least better than having to deal with moody site admin's drama and having them kick you off their site and all that nonsense.

We could probably organize most of it here or at the Peasantry forum. I'll also see if my ISP lets me have some webhosting space, I'm fairly certain they do.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2005 November 10, 18:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, thanks for trying to pull all this together...I also do not like Yahoo Groups as much...

What Sara proposed sounds really excellent...a blog shared among the players.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 November 10, 18:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great - I am not a fan of Yahoo groups, I just can't make websites - I did try when I first got Freeserve and had the option to have a website, but I am just not technically capable of understanding what I have to do.

Zephyr Zodiac
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 November 10, 18:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's august when I played my own custom sims for the last time. I am playing Call of Duty 2 more.  Embarrassed
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 November 10, 19:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's august when I played my own custom sims for the last time. I am playing Call of Duty 2 more.  Embarrassed

So you update the allinone npc but you don't play anymore? Wink I do that too. I updated my afro hair and made the elder clothes file even though I haven't played for weeks. Hell, I modded for Morrowind for a year after I stopped playing it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 November 10, 19:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. I just test on Lothario's and Broke's for a couple of minutes, and then check if items are working, then quit. I repeat it everyday. Grin

But I am clearing several missions and battling hard in Call of Duty 2.  Grin
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 November 10, 19:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! You guys have really moved on this idea in the last day. 

Count me!  I'd really like to play a group neighborhood. Sounds like we have several people here that would be interested. Maybe we could break into smaller groups based on system configuration / EPs installed and get a couple of smaller groups with more compatable system settings.

Also, I was thinking, those of us that have XP, we could create a separate user log in and put the neighborhood under that ID. We'd only have the mods that the group agreed to in that particular download folder and we'd keep our regular game downloads separate.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 November 10, 21:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be interested in joining this venture myself. I seem to be in this rut of playing a family, having them get to platinum, raising 6 children, sending them to college so that they can raise 6 more, blah, blah. I need to stir things up a bit.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2005 November 10, 21:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also like to participate, usually I play the sims in sporadic bursts as I get tired of it after a few weeks, and wait a month to play again.

Hopefully some other way can be found than yahoo groups, as the forum thread set up there gives me a headache just trying to mush my way through it.

Gosh.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 November 10, 21:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be interested in this if I understood the "rules"

and i hate yahoo groups too. Generally I hate mailing list type things.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 November 10, 21:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes,  boo Yahoo Groups!

I would love to join so I don't go out and spend a bunch of money on Civ 4 and "The Movies." I hope I am not too much of a noob here to participate. Smiley

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: