More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:21:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Look out!!! M&G runs from its own disk, not latest EP.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look out!!! M&G runs from its own disk, not latest EP.  (Read 58629 times)
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Look out!!! M&G runs from its own disk, not latest EP.
« Reply #50 on: 2008 November 19, 19:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To all owners of legit copies of the game
an Arr'd version of the stuff pack has been detected. To confirm its validity, we request your help. We need the folloing information:
  • is it really named Sims2EP9 in the executable and the disc label?
  • what are the MD5 hashes, or at least the file sizes, of the game executable and the executables in the root of the disc?
Thank you for your help
the pirates in #grah
Isn't H&M or something EP9? I remember one of them being EP13, so it would make sense that SPs count as EPs internally. It's been awhile and I haven't installed the game at all on my now-on-life-support system as I can never play it on this thing again.

Some people were also reporting that they need to use the AL disc to play the game. Hm...
there is a difference between game versions, which counts EPs, SPs and the base game with one single number, and EP/SP versions. Basically, it goes as following:
EP1: Uni
EP2: NL
EP3: OfB
SP1: FFS
SP2: GLS
EP4: Pets
EP5: Sns
SP4: CS
SP5: H&M
EP6: BV
SP6: TSS
EP7: FT
SP7: K&B
SP8: Ikea
EP8: AL
EP(?)9: MGS

lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 November 19, 20:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is is referred to sp9. i have game but not installing until no cd is avalable
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 November 19, 21:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Jelenedra wishes that EA would catch a clue and stop including stupid SecuROM.

I didn't MIND paying for the Sims... but now I won't. Even though that this is perhaps the most interesting SP. I would've paid for Teen Style too, just because well-made teen clothes are hard to find.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 November 19, 21:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H&M and Ikea were good. K&B was a waste of bytes. I don't have the others, they never appealed to me.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 November 19, 21:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H&M and Ikea were good. K&B was a waste of bytes. I don't have the others, they never appealed to me.
are you kidding, K&B is probably the only half-decent one.

anyway, I am stuck with SuckURom now and the game failed to run properly.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 November 19, 22:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do want to arrquire this, but I am worrying about having to run the game from the M&G disc - I have the hacked AL .exe to get rid of the portrait regeneration, and I have no clue if that would be transferable to a M&G .exe.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 November 19, 22:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do want to arrquire this, but I am worrying about having to run the game from the M&G disc - I have the hacked AL .exe to get rid of the portrait regeneration, and I have no clue if that would be transferable to a M&G .exe.
It is possible they fixed that in this pack, hence using that disk.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 November 19, 22:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is possible they fixed that in this pack, hence using that disk.
If they have, I solemnly swear I will eat my pirate hat.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 November 19, 22:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are you kidding, K&B is probably the only half-decent one.

anyway, I am stuck with SuckURom now and the game failed to run properly.

I liked getting new kitchen and bath appliances, as those were areas that needed more items. The only true waste of space stuff pack I can think of is FFS. I still don't have that one. I loved the H&M pack. I wished they had done more with the clothes in the Celebration pack.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 November 19, 23:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I don't want to use the launcher for this stuff pack.  I tried to use SP9 to replace launcher in target under properties but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

ETA:  Nevermind.  It's amazing what one can discover when one reads the "Read Me".   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2008 November 19, 23:54:43 by rhodaloo » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 November 20, 00:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I don't want to use the launcher for this stuff pack.  I tried to use SP9 to replace launcher in target under properties but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

ETA:  Nevermind.  It's amazing what one can discover when one reads the "Read Me".   Embarrassed

So your M&G installed and loaded with AL installed as well?  There's a whole new thread that alleges that M&G is incompatible with AL.

Tribulatio proxima est
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 November 20, 01:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IF it is, then my computer is magic.  I'm playing with MG right now.  The only issue I've seen so far is the new windowseat windows don't have cat slots,  the cat slots don't work, or I have an AL hack that's interfering with the cat slots.
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 November 20, 03:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is is referred to sp9. i have game but not installing until no cd is avalable

I have it installed (at least... temporarily) It is called EP9 and the file size of the exe is 23,076.

Edited to add: and those other things you wanted to know FatD? Explain what they are and where to find them and I'll go look.
To all owners of legit copies of the game
an Arr'd version of the stuff pack has been detected. To confirm its validity, we request your help. We need the folloing information:

* is it really named Sims2EP9 in the executable and the disc label?
    * what are the MD5 hashes, or at least the file sizes, of the game executable and the executables in the root of the disc?

Thank you for your help
the pirates in #grah
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 November 20, 03:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So your M&G installed and loaded with AL installed as well?  There's a whole new thread that alleges that M&G is incompatible with AL.

I didn't have any problems installing it.  It appeared to be working fine but I didn't do more than check the hair styles, and objects.  I did notice that the "stuttering" music was back when I started the game plus it appeared to load more slowly.  I really need new processors and bigger memory sticks.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 November 20, 06:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the first customer support guy I got was an idiot and simply said AL was incompatible with MG.  Actually it's incompatible on some systems.  Mine included.

Other information appears to point a finger at SecureRom.  This does not surprise me in the slightest.
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 November 20, 08:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the first customer support guy I got was an idiot and simply said AL was incompatible with MG.  Actually it's incompatible on some systems.  Mine included.

Other information appears to point a finger at SecureRom.  This does not surprise me in the slightest.

That just shows you that either a) The tech support guy was an unintelligent knob who shouldn't be doing tech support for anything and you probably disturbed him while he was having his sandwich so he said any old shit  Tongue , b) fortunately for him his 'any old shit ' was right and EA have made an unholy fuck up of this pack as many of us fear or c) both of the above . I'd say C personally  Cheesy
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 November 20, 12:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor tech support guy!
He probably has no training, has only ever played a fraction of the games he has to run support for, and the game in question was just released.  He probably hasn't had a chance to even look at it yet, and on the phone you have to give instant answers.  Customers don't want to hear "I don't know", they even get aggressive at "I'm not sure", so he probably repeated the only rumours he'd heard about the game.
Seriously.  If they knew this was going to be a problem, they wouldn't have released it like that, and you never catch real problems until real people start playing.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 November 20, 13:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided I suppose you're right . It's not his fault he's an untrained chimp  Tongue Games companies though , especially ultra-rich games companies like EA , shoud have dedicated games testers and support dedicated to each individual game . And these people should spend hour upon hour every day doing these tasks so any major problems would be inevitably picked up before release . Of course though , they wouldn't do that because it would mean they'd have to make less exorbitant profit and those greedy rich corporate bastards at the top might have to go from having 4 Bentleys to 3  Tongue So yeah Gwill , you're right . It isn't the tech guys fault really , it's those selfish greedy shitholes at the top who're to blame  Smiley
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 November 20, 17:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AL with the second patch installed, and had no problems installing M&G.

And, on my computer at least, it's called EP9.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2008 November 20, 17:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you keep the AL no-CD exe in while you installed M&G?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 November 20, 17:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use a no-CD exe, since, so far, Securom hasn't caused any noticeable problems for me.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
burnished_dragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 November 20, 18:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a good arrrg copy yet? Almost sounds like I may have to pay for this last package of stuff.  Cry
hobbitgrl
Asinine Airhead

Life's to short not to Laugh!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 November 20, 19:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am hoping for a NO CD soon, I really am looking forward to this one.
ReRybka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 November 20, 20:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a good arrrg copy yet? Almost sounds like I may have to pay for this last package of stuff.  Cry

Mininova lists a torrent sharing a copy in Chinese/Korean/English that installs fine (although if you have the latest version of Daemon you'll need the latest version of YASU rather than the one included in the torrent). Since it plays from the M&G exe, not AL, I haven't dared playtest it yet, though, for fear of SecuRom infestation.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 November 20, 21:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, this is an interesting new wall covering...

"Brickrolled
This brick is never gonna let you down..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: