More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:57:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does AgeSimsCheat cause unfixable problems?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does AgeSimsCheat cause unfixable problems?  (Read 7429 times)
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

INTP: the world exists to be observed

View Profile
Does AgeSimsCheat cause unfixable problems?
« on: 2008 December 08, 22:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I use AgeSimsCheat to de-age Mortimer Goth and Denise Jacquet from elderhood to adulthood, will the neighborhood blow up at some unknown time in the future because of unseen debris left around by cheat features?

Game config: Mac version, first 6 EPs (Uni thru BV), Aspyr combo patch, no SPs
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Does AgeSimsCheat cause unfixable problems?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 08, 22:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just volunteered yourself to be a guinea pig.

Do it and find out?
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 08, 22:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest backing the hood up before trying.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 09, 06:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can certainly back up the game folder but if a problem doesn't become apparent right away then a backup doesn't help much.  I don't want to play my sim families for several generations and then have the neighborhood blow up because of something I did weeks earlier.

What makes me paranoid is situations like this.  Apparently, in this game, just because a feature is available doesn't mean it's safe to use it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 09, 07:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I use AgeSimsCheat to de-age Mortimer Goth and Denise Jacquet from elderhood to adulthood, will the neighborhood blow up at some unknown time in the future because of unseen debris left around by cheat features?
AgeSimsCheat is Not Recommended For Playable Use. If you want to de-age a sim "properly" without detritus, I suggest using the salvaged Castaways Holy Grail. Agesimscheat is only for short-duration testing and will not properly set all age attributes. Use of agesimscheat in regular play may have undesired long-term consequences. It's more for things like "save, age up a baby to see how it looks, quit without saving".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CiaoAlora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 09, 08:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what happens if you regularly use aging cheats to age up sims?
CiaoAlora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 09, 09:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you questioning your answer? Or that I know what that means... Well I suppose I will just ride it out, I can't trash the neighborhood just yet, I'm doing a legacy in it and am only half way. It is still playable, no problems that I know of. I was mostly just curious because I've done it a few (several) times.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 09, 10:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably, you'll have a bunch of sims with bad data that may or may not catch up to you in the future, depending on your level of anal-retentiveness and which scabs you pick at.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 09, 17:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I bought the Holy Grail and had Denise drink from it and it worked!  However, the hairstyle for her everyday outfit was a grey ponytail with a pith helmet.  I had to use "change appearance" twice in order to get the correct hairstyle (red french braid).  (The hairstyles for her other outfits were correct.)

Is that to be expected?  I'm running the base game and the first 6 expansion packs (Uni through BV).

Just wanna point out that you don't need AgeSimsCheat to age sims up - just shift-click (with testing cheats enabled) and "set to birthday" and go through the normal grow-up process:  click and select "grow up" OR buy the sim a birthday cake OR wait until 6pm.  Make sure that aging is turned on before you "set to birthday".

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 09, 18:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AgeSimsCheat is Not Recommended For Playable Use. If you want to de-age a sim "properly" without detritus, I suggest using the salvaged Castaways Holy Grail. Agesimscheat is only for short-duration testing and will not properly set all age attributes. Use of agesimscheat in regular play may have undesired long-term consequences. It's more for things like "save, age up a baby to see how it looks, quit without saving".

Well, I'm glad I read this before actually using that cheat.  Maybe there should be a big list of VBTs somewhere, so that those of us who aren't personally familiar with the game code know what not to do, and the rest of you don't keep having to answer the same old "Hi, I deleted sims from the family bin and now my toddlers all have LTWs help!" threads.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 09, 18:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience with one glitch is that wants can be a little screwed. I had a toddler I aged up to adult to peek at. I went to exit the lot, and accidentally saved. Went back in, aged her back down to toddler and saved. As a child, her parents were getting wants for her to get a scholarship.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 10, 00:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, the hairstyle for her everyday outfit was a grey ponytail with a pith helmet.  I had to use "change appearance" twice in order to get the correct hairstyle (red french braid).  (The hairstyles for her other outfits were correct.)

i hope that's normal. though i have never had to do it twice, my de-aged adult sims will have that helmet if they are female. males end up with the close cropped hair with fronds.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: