More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:48:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Decorative/Misc menu makes game crash - SOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decorative/Misc menu makes game crash - SOLVED  (Read 4868 times)
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Decorative/Misc menu makes game crash - SOLVED
« on: 2008 November 28, 17:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help needed! In buy mode, whenever I click on the misc menu under decorations, the game crashes to desktop. The other menus work fine. It's not CC-related; I tried with the entire DL folder moved to the desktop. I've also tried deleting groups.cache, but that's where my expertise ends. :/

This is probably the same issue as I had a while back with one of the towel hangers ("The Towel on a Wooden Hanger by DecorCorp" - came with OFB), where the game would similarly crash with no error messages, whenever I tried to clone one of these hangers. At the time I only noticed it in one household, but I tried it with another family just now and it's definitely not just gone away magically on its own like I'd hoped. Sims can view the hanger and I can recolour it, but the eyedropper tool causes a crash. I "solved" this problem before by, heh, deleting the towel hanger in the household where I first noticed the problem - which also caused a crash unless I quickly saved and exited the household - but I haven't been furnishing any houses since then and forgot all about it. Until today.

Can it really be about the one towel hanger or is there a problem with all the items in the misc menu? I don't think I've ever had a problem with the game that didn't trace back to custom content and this is kinda scary.

I have all the expansions until Seasons, which I installed in September, plus one or two stuff packs. The crashing definitely started after Seasons, but everything's been just fine otherwise. I haven't installed any new hacks, and anyway as removing the DL folder made no difference, I don't think it's that either. I'm assuming the crash log I need to attach is the one called "Sims2Exception[date]"? Tell me if you need something else instead ... I have plenty ...

Any help at all would be really welcome. I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it.  Sad
« Last Edit: 2008 November 28, 21:27:26 by Mmmary » Logged
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Decorative/Misc menu makes game crash
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 28, 18:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have CEP and a Mac follow this advice given by Numenor:

If you have a Mac, then I'm afraid I have given insufficient instructions The "Garden Rocks" extra must meet some compatibility requirements, that I'm going to explain for all the Mac users (Minty: your case is #2, of course).

1. If you have both Seasons and Bon Voyage, then you don't need to do anything.
   2. If you have Seasons but NOT Bon Voyage, you must delete the files "CEP-EXTRA_GardenRocksBV.package" from both Extras folders.
   3. If you have Bon Voyage but NOT Seasons, you must delete the files "CEP-EXTRA_GardenRocks.package" from both Extras folders.
   4. If you don't have neither Seasons nor Bon Voyage, delete all the files "CEP-EXTRA_GardenRocks.package" and "CEP-EXTRA_GardenRocksBV.package" from both Extras folders.
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 28, 18:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on Windows Vista, but that still did it! Cheesy I deleted a file called CEP-EXTRA_GardenRocks, although I don't know what is meant by "both" Extras folders, since I only have the one. Anyway, thank you so much! I was dreading a reinstall.  Smiley
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 28, 19:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other one is in Program Files\ EA GAMES\ The Sims 2\ TSData\ Res\ Catalog\ zCEP-EXTRA.
Mmmary
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 28, 21:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. I'll remove that one too. Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: