More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:08:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim Adults Cannot Get Jobs!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Adults Cannot Get Jobs!!  (Read 9564 times)
shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
Sim Adults Cannot Get Jobs!!
« on: 2008 November 17, 20:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My adult sim was searching on the Mr. Humble's Computer for a job and when I chose one there was a pop-up saying his grades are too low to get a job, I'm pretty sure this isn't normal since he is an ADULT and not a young-adult.
Maybe there is a problem with Uni??

My EP's:
University, Pets, Seasons Digital Download, Freetime

I just installed University, Pets and Freetime in that order on top of my existing Base Game/Seasons yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I installed correctly, I downloaded all the latest patches from Sims2.com

Hacks:
Pretty Much everything in the moreawsomethanyou-ft.zip
CJ-NicerPhoneMessages
Genie_Lamp_Placement_Mod
MM_FT-CanopyCrib-Animated
MM_FT-SleighCrib-Animated
ML_GlobalMod_CounterFriendly_(Counters)
ML_GlobalMod_CounterFriendly_(Appliances)
LdDarcy_PetEnabledObjectsFix
*Inteen for FT**

I don't know why this is happening but my guess is that Inteenimater_B is conflicting with one of the MATY hacks--but I'm no expert. I'm going to remove inteen from my game and see what happens
I'll keep you posted...

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
Re: Sim Adults Cannot Get Jobs!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 17, 21:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, and please don't post the Kitten Killer, I know that it is non-awesome...

I read every MATY hack descripion I downloaded and none of them reported being incompatible with Kitten Killer(but I'm not sure you would mention it anyways...)

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 17, 21:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off - is it ALL adult sims, or just one adult sim in particular?

Sounds to me like the game thinks that particular sim is a teen - not a young adult (uni) or adult.

I got tired of waiting/fooling around with SimPE, so no longer use it or even have it installed...but if you do, can you look and see what age the sim shows in SimPE?

The other night I had a newborn infant that could not be interacted with - the parents nor the nanny could feed it, change it, or even hold it. I hadn't saved since prior to the birth so exited the game, rebooted the computer, restarted the game and went back to the house and let the sim parent give birth again (it was a male, alien abduction thing) - whatever glitch had made the infant non-existant to the game was gone this time around, whew (plus I got a girl instead of a boy and since my neighborhood is 'boy heavy', that was nice).

HoodieBandit
Asinine Airhead

WARNING: Road flooded during floods.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 17, 22:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem a while back, and it was ALL adults. After a while, I just unistalled, reinstalled, but if you find out what the problem is, it'd be great to know.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 17, 23:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps a conflict with Inteen (as per the teenish message) and noagediscrimination by Pes.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 17, 23:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem back when I used Inteen and I think that removing Pescado's petsp0-jobfixes fixed it.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 17, 23:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem back when I used Inteen and I think that removing Pescado's petsp0-jobfixes fixed it.
Removing anything marked "fix" is a bad idea.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 17, 23:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Pescado - don't remove the fixes mod. Go to Simbology and see if you can find Jordi's fixed versions of the fixes. The problem is an incompatability between Pescado's original fixes and InTeen. The fixed version 'fixes' that incompatiblity. Alternatively you need to go into each Sim with the problem using SimPE and give them a school grade.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 18, 13:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Pescado - don't remove the fixes mod. Go to Simbology and see if you can find Jordi's fixed versions of the fixes. The problem is an incompatibility between Pescado's original fixes and InTeen. The fixed version 'fixes' that incompatibility. Alternatively you need to go into each Sim with the problem using SimPE and give them a school grade.

Yeah I did search Inteen on this site and came across a post saying Jodi's hacks are incompatible with Pescado's and there was a link to them but it did not work plus the user did not specify that Jordi was at Simbology.

BTW I did remove the kitten killer from my game and my sim found a job properly.

SimPE sucks, well the Freetime version of it does; I modified one sim familys Skills, Fitness, Secrets Skills, Personality, and Intrests and that family is BORKED. Can you post SimPE borken questions in the "Oops! You Broke It!" forum?

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 18, 13:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend going to the SimPE forum for that.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 18, 13:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee whizz shalunyturns!  You had issues with adult / teen behaviour, like the game was mixing them up?  Oh lol!  And you had Kitten Killer but you didn't bother removing it, because you had done your reading and it's like, compatible?

Oh, and then it was the Kitten Killer all along! WHAT A SURPRISE.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 18, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, you win one free Internetz. Grin

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 18, 16:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee whizz shalunyturns!  You had issues with adult / teen behaviour, like the game was mixing them up?  Oh lol!  And you had Kitten Killer but you didn't bother removing it, because you had done your reading and it's like, compatible?

Oh, and then it was the Kitten Killer all along! WHAT A SURPRISE.
Oh, and Shalunyturns, before you whine that Tigerlilley is mean and didn't need to be so rude to you: Yes. She did.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 18, 16:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, shalunyturns has been registered for over a month, so may have seen our normal conversation style.  I note she has not objected to anything anyone has said so far.  Anyone lurking here for more than a week should know that blunt remarks are par for the course.

Why, when there's a problem with the game, people don't just test it in vanilla before displaying obvious tight pants I don't know.  If only people would think, it would make things so much easier, it really would.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 18, 17:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known conflict with the Petsp0jobfixes hack and the Inteenimater. However, if you go to the inteen website, I think jordi made a compatible version. Other conflicts are with no20k handout and noagediscrimination. Again, check TwoJeffs and Jordi for alternatives (I forget which made them). Anyway, I had the same problem due to not running the HCDU properly and that fixed it.

Chill out, everyone. Inteen works fine if you just keep track of the conflicts properly. I recommend downloading the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility (I think from simwardrobe). It's very helpful, and this conflict will show up with it. If you do run it, you should also remember to just ignore any conflicts you see between insim and its flavor packs--that's supposed to happen.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 18, 18:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to suggest it was just the recession.   Grin

I mean that's why I can't get a job....
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 18, 21:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to suggest it was just the recession.   Grin

I mean that's why I can't get a job....
We have a job opening. Of course, it's in Chicago, and I'd imagine all job openings are being contested over hotly. Not sure...I'm not in HR.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 19, 19:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I think the 4+ hour commute each way would be a tad wearing. 

I think I'll start making Sims2 crap and selling it online.  Then I'll get rich.   Grin

And you ever saw the stuff I make you'd understand that I do mean crap.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 19, 21:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I think the 4+ hour commute each way would be a tad wearing. 

I think I'll start making Sims2 crap and selling it online.  Then I'll get rich.   Grin

And you ever saw the stuff I make you'd understand that I do mean crap.
Then I'd have to hate you. See the newsbox.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 20, 00:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec, you win one free Internetz. Grin

YAY!!  Cheesy

YARRR!

We NEED a pirate smiley, Pescado. GWILL!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: