More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:08:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No Aspiration Sim! Side effect of aging 6's up with playable?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Aspiration Sim! Side effect of aging 6's up with playable?  (Read 7027 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
No Aspiration Sim! Side effect of aging 6's up with playable?
« on: 2008 November 19, 01:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made my sim grow to a teen, and aged up two friends, and his betrothed. But I asked him to go on a date with her, and no aspiration appeared. He dated other girls, and it appeared just fine. I plan on sending her to collage to give her an aspiration, but don't want to bork my new hood. So I must ask if anyone else has done this with the same outcome, and can you choose their aspiration once they become playable?

Edit: Using freetime option!
« Last Edit: 2008 November 19, 16:26:34 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No Aspiration Sim! Side effect of aging 6's up with playable?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 19, 01:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine this is a side effect of aging up a child->teen without picking an aspiration: They stay as "grow up" and get messed up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 19, 01:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I must ask if anyone else has done this with the same outcome, and can you choose their aspiration once they become playable?
I have used the sim modder to age up a child to adult and then to teen before, just on a lark. They kept the Grow Up aspiration. Using the ReNu U Orb worked to pick a new one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 19, 01:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In short, don't generate creepy 6 townies. Nuke 'em all!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 19, 01:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the Freetime option, not any of the debug mode cheats.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: No Aspiration Sim! Side effect of aging 6's up with playable? (Unanswered)
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 19, 03:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the occasional playable child grow into a teen and get stuck on Grow Up, usually when there's more than one simultaneous Grow Up event, as I'm sure others have seen. But I've never seen it last; it usually goes away after saving and reloading a family. So, the game is on the lookout for this condition and fixes it with playables.

The problem with townie kids growing up is they aren't playable, so they probably never get an aspiration. Aside from fixing it in SimPE, you will have to move them into a family so that they are playable; then, the game will fix the aspiration.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 19, 04:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does making them temporarily selectable and then using the RenuYu Orb work?  That would seem like the obvious solution.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 19, 04:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen before, too.  Easiest thing you can do is use the Sim Modder or Insim or some other mod to fix them up.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 19, 04:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does making them temporarily selectable and then using the RenuYu Orb work?  That would seem like the obvious solution.
Should. Sim Modder (or TJ's Sim Blender or that evil Insim) is quicker.

I was using the Freetime option, not any of the debug mode cheats.
Yeah...Pescado made his comment because his game doesn't automatically generate townies and he sees no use for perpetual children. Hence, his game has no children (6s). He's saying "don't have townie children in game, don't have aspiration issues".

My game's townie 6s are customers at my owned shops. Nothing is more creepy than a Jeffty-is-five kid browsing for huge lawn sculptures.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 19, 06:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing is more creepy than a Jeffty-is-five kid browsing for huge lawn sculptures.
Beg to differ.  Wink

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 19, 08:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen just last night. A female teen townie was aged up with a playable to adult - using the Freetime option. I moved the adult into a new flat and he got the female to move in. I didn't notice she had 'grow up' as an aspiration the first time I got them settled in, the game was saved and exited. I only noticed her state when I reloaded the lot last night. I used the re-nu-yu orb thingy and she was able to get a normal aspiration.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 19, 15:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing is more creepy than a Jeffty-is-five kid browsing for huge lawn sculptures.
Beg to differ.  Wink

[image of baby teaching teddy bear to walk]

Oookaaay!  So, does the bear age normally and become a 6.  When the "6" baby ages to teen, does he still wear the diaper?

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 19, 16:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beg to differ.  Wink
Oh hells. You win.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 19, 19:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had teenagers age up "normally" and even though I have picked an aspiration they haven't gotten a lifetime want until I saved and left the lot and went back in.  Likewise I've had toddlers aged up from babies who had lifetime wants despite having no aspiration.  It went away after a while.  Not sure what causes it, but I know I didn't use cheats to age them, because I only do that on townies and these were playables.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 20, 00:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had teenagers age up "normally" and even though I have picked an aspiration they haven't gotten a lifetime want until I saved and left the lot and went back in.  Likewise I've had toddlers aged up from babies who had lifetime wants despite having no aspiration.  It went away after a while.  Not sure what causes it, but I know I didn't use cheats to age them, because I only do that on townies and these were playables.

Teenagers don't choose a LTW until their wants reroll.

Toddlers having LTWs is a sign you've got some dangling character files lying around, which is a sign of potential future 'hood explosion. Generally happens after you've moved sims to the 'hood via the lot bin (or out of the 'hood the same way), or you've deleted a character or family from the sim bin.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: