More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:30:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Outings baffle me
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Outings baffle me  (Read 18618 times)
tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Outings baffle me
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 20, 17:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clown car taxies is nothing.  I once had a sim go to an outing in a (CC) Harley with the whole outing stacked on it.

Pics?
Clutzy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 20, 17:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Outings are always odd for my Sims. They will range either from just one other sim to suddenly six. Thankfully that first Outing call tends to be quite small. I've had the children show up before, but thankfully never infants and very, very occasionally toddlers. Either way, unless its a very small group, the Sims are just never pleased it seems when going on an Out. I tend to have my Sim avoid them, with the exception of ulterior motives for Outings.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 21, 08:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One important reason I always decline is that the outing call simply doesn't offer enough information to make a reasonable, informed decision to do it. Better to go with the safe option.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 21, 23:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clown car taxies is nothing.  I once had a sim go to an outing in a (CC) Harley with the whole outing stacked on it.

Pics?

I've never had it with a motorcycle, but a two seat convertible. driver and passenger get out, then new sim appears in passenger seat and gets out, then another, and another, repeat until the "fun bar" is in the red and everyone storms off complaining about the lousy time. (All of which was spent getting out of the car.)
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 28, 22:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a shiny to stop the outing madness?  My romance sim first met of his 5 illegitimate children from his girlfriend at the nightclub sidewalk. Was wondering why that happened Smiley
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 November 29, 02:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one is forcing you to accept the outings.
Unless your game is actually forcing you.
In which case, there's something wrong.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 November 29, 04:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well I meant to *fix* it, so babies and kids won't appear, and only sims that actually know your sim will call?
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 November 29, 14:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the double outing invite happens to me quite a bit, usually if I have more than one eligible sim on a lot. The way I avoid trouble is never accept more than one invite. Lately, since AL my sims have gotten "thanks a lot for standing me up" if they do anything, even autonomously, before the cab arrives. So I agree that taking your own car is probably safest.

Also, sometimes with outings I have to call the taxi, and sometimes I don't. The game is definitely screwy.

I often get children on outings. I immediately ask them to leave because the last thing my adult sims want are bratty little simlets calling them on the phone. One of my sims always gets Marcia whats-her-name but has avoided actually meeting her (whew) because he asks her to leave the group. Apparently that doesn't count as meeting her.

I've only had one toddler recently, and boy did he pick the wrong tree to bark up (up which to bark?).

My advice is, if you've already said yes, don't say yes again, and if the taxi doesn't arrive call one for yourself, or better yet, always take your own car (if possible).

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 November 29, 19:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My advice is, if you've already said yes, don't say yes again, and if the taxi doesn't arrive call one for yourself, or better yet, always take your own car (if possible).

But if you say no, first outing is canceled (talking about borkiness... eh) anyway; better again, send if possible another sim to answer the phone, and when the moron asks if sim xxx is available, say no. So far, it's the only way I found out to not scramble somehow the outing.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 November 29, 20:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like realism in my game, so I leave the phone turned off - just like in real life.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
queenbrat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 December 01, 12:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these babies different than that New Years baby? I've gotten him or her a few times and really not sure what was going on there.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 December 01, 18:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Year's baby is an NPC that shows up at a New Year's Party.
They're talking about the babies and/or toddlers of their playable sims showing up on their outings.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 December 01, 22:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely use outings at all. Since I very rarely initiate any, I very rarely get invited on them either.
I loaded Ajay Loner yesterday to find that he was just about to go on a date with Bella. (I'd forgotten as it's been a long time since I've played Strangetown) The following day Bella phoned up again to ask for another date. I declined as Ajay was tired. As soon as he hung up the phone a child rang to see if he wanted to go on an outing seeing as Ajay had gotten on with 'his friend' Bella so well.
I declined that one as well.
I've never had toddlers or babies arrive on outings before but I do remember MAXIS/EA actually listing it as a bug that was supposedly fixed with one of their 'patches'.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 December 02, 01:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if you say no, first outing is canceled (talking about borkiness... eh) anyway; better again, send if possible another sim to answer the phone, and when the moron asks if sim xxx is available, say no. So far, it's the only way I found out to not scramble somehow the outing.

Huh. That's never happened to me. If I say no to the second outing and then go to a community lot the first outing usually works out just fine.

I find outings pretty boring, although I do have one vampire who gets in a fight nearly every time, which usually means his outings "rock" or whatever the top rating is. It's fun, too, kicking some ass. He especially hates Mr. Big. They go at it all the time. Hilarious. (Must be sublimating something . . . ) That guy's surprisingly tough for a poofda in a smoking jacket. Once in a while, of course, getting in a fight backfires and then I get the bottom of the ratings and everyone's pissed off for a while. But one thing my vamp never is, is boring.

Can't say that for a lot of sims, unfortunately, and I don't really want them all to be brawlers . . .As far as I can tell an outing's only point is to help your sim meet more people. I do like it when the in-laws ask a sim out after they've gotten engaged: that at least seems realistic and helps them meet their future family.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
queenbrat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 December 02, 03:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I am saying that my New Year's baby is what shows up when I have outings. I've never gotten a regular baby. All of it's a little weird though. lol
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 December 06, 01:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OUtings baffle me, too, mostly because it's a total mystery what on earth you're supposed to do normally. The only conclusion I've drawn is that you should always organize your OWN groups, NEVER accept called ones, because they'll contain godknowswho, of which 2 or 3 of them will be babies and just lie there uselessly in the road, and the remaining sims in the group will just stand around and complain and never do anything.

This is one of the funniest things I've read all day.

I once had a romance Sim call up one of his girlfriends and ask her on an outing. SEVENTEEN of his current loves were there too. ACR took its toll and HILARITY ENSUED. Seriously, is that guy bloody daft?

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: