More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:51:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Package.Sims2Tmp" Files.... where are they supposed to go?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Package.Sims2Tmp" Files.... where are they supposed to go?  (Read 6080 times)
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
"Package.Sims2Tmp" Files.... where are they supposed to go?
« on: 2008 November 15, 11:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, I have quite a few "package.sims2tmp" files in my downloads folder and they are various file types, ie; objects, floors, walls, etc.... where exactly are these files supposed to go? I feel like they don't belong in the downloads folder, and I don't know which object, wall, floor exactly it is, so I can't say that it's showing up in my game or not. I just cleaned out my downloads folder and got rid of the "BAK" files, siunce I read somewhere that those are junk and you don't need those? I know I may sound dumb, but I don't want to move files that shouldn't get moved and mess up my game. Huh

thanks for any info back!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: "Package.Sims2Tmp" Files.... where are they supposed to go?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 15, 11:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the garbage can. Such files are detritus left over from the failed installation of content, so if you're seeing any such files, you should delete them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 15, 11:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! maybe that will explain why I'm getting error messages left and right. I had to enable the boolprop feature to have it on at all times so my game would load up. it wasn't loading up at all before that, now it force loads it and I get error messages every time my game loads. I am not sure which files are the problem and what to delete, but I will delete these junk files like you said and see if that helps! MATY and you in particular are awesome. thanks so much for your help.  Wink
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 16, 10:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking out the trash won't solve your error problems, although you still need to do that. You probably have conflicting hacks in your game. You need to download the Hack Conflict finder and run it. You can find it here in the programs section:

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

When you find two hacks that conflict, you need to decide which one you want to keep and get rid of the other one.

If you have no idea what is in your Downloads folder, I suggest getting Clean Installer and deleting all the hacks that you find. Then start fresh using only Awesome mods. You can find additional info here in the Podium FAQ.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 17, 07:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so...any files in my Downloads that end in ".bak" are trash and should be deleted?  Because I just ran a search and there are quite a few.  lol

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 17, 08:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you may delete them. They are backup files created when you modify something in simpe (the WW might produce these as well). They are not in any way necessary for the game or your CC to function properly. The only time you might need them is if you bork something during editing and want to revert back to the original file (you do this by changing .bak to .package).

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: