More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:23:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ClothingTool question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ClothingTool question  (Read 6626 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
ClothingTool question
« on: 2005 August 30, 15:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, How does the clothing tool mod work? Is it an object to use in game or just a global mod? I have placed it in my downloads folder and I went downtown to buy some clothes but the buying method remains the same as usual. What am I not doing? I'm sure its me 'cause it surely wouldn't be your mod Pescado. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Re: ClothingTool question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 30, 15:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is one which you bury on your lot, or simply leave on an end table.  It has to be present to work.

Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 30, 16:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Marvin, Could you tell me what the object looks like and where its located in the buy catalog? Also, is it able to be used on both community and residential lots(with the shop at home collection)?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 30, 17:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are asking about the clothing tool that I'm thinking you are, it's the one where you can buy clothing without going to a community lot. You can find it in the Buy mode under miscellaneous; it looks like a pile of folded clothes. You buy that then set it wherever you like on your lot (I usually put it on a table in the sim's bedroom), select the sim you want to have new clothes and then click on it. If you are talking about the other clothing tool download, the fasterbuyingclothes hack, I believe that is the one where the sim doesn't  waste time browsing around at clothes when you have them shopping on a community lot.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 30, 18:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is also particularly handy for toddlers. I don't even put it on table, I just throw it in the corner most of the time. There is this fairly cool non-functional closet system at MTS2 and I put the stack of clothes on one of those pieces so the closet system is functional rather than purely decorative.
The clothing tool has the added benefit of acting as a dresser since you don't actually have to buy anything, you can simply pick from your own household inventory and then update the appearance of the sim after you are done. It has quickly become one of my favorite frivolous mods. The clothing you buy is more expensive however.
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 30, 19:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an excerpt from the rtfm text file included with the hack:
 "It's a clothing tool. Lets you buy new clothes for your sims in all categories
with a single command (and inflated price premium!), and snarf career and
special-event (wedding, graduation, etc.) outfits worn by your sims for use in
the "Plan Outfit" dresser, plan all of your outfits at one click(after aging!),
as well as gives you one last shot to plan your outfits before returning home
from college (if global override hook included in zip is installed) so that
your sims do not return to the fambly bin looking like hobos!"

The file name is "clothingtool"

So, I assume its different from the "fasterbuyclothes". I have the "fasterbuyclothes" in my game already. It may be the pile of clothes one, so I will look for that object and try it out.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 30, 20:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only drawback I've found is it doesn't seem to satisfy the "buy new clothes" want.

Zephyr Zodiac
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 30, 20:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found it. Its the pile of clothes. Works great and thanks for all the input and help. Maybe Pescado will consider adding that Zephyr.....just have to be careful how you ask him!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 30, 21:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my lips have already been ripped a few times - what more can he do?  I'm not actually that bothered, Beau's the one who wants new clothes, and since he's permaplat, it's immaterial!

Zephyr Zodiac
Josette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 17, 13:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the pile of clothes, but all I can do with it is change outfit or plan outfit. I have all EP's and all stuffpack, what could have happened?

Thanks,
Josette
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 17, 13:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Necromancy is bad, m'kay?
2. Neither of those two options exists on the Clothing Tool and never have. You must be using some other pile of clothes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: