More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:32:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Steampunkish Servos
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Steampunkish Servos  (Read 47342 times)
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
Steampunkish Servos
« on: 2008 November 13, 23:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided that my steampunk neighbourhood needed some Servos in it. So, here you are, some default replacement servo skins based on Fat Gwilly People's beautiful replacements!

Clicky clicky!

They are a very shiny bronze-ish, gold-ish colour. I also recoloured the little plumbbobs on their legs and the green parts above the orb in their torsoes, but if someone would like them to remain green, it would only take a few seconds to shoop that in.

Starting up the first servo, by the neighbourhood paper-stealer!

You're lovely, darling.

And thank you, Gwillewyn, for eliminating the misogynistic female servos of the original game!
(Yes, I'm a guy.)

And now, in parting, some hot servo-on-servo action.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
ceilonar
Tasty Tourist

Y HELO THAR

View Profile
Re: Steampunkish Servos
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 13, 23:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:0 Eeeeexcellent. Now my servos can cheat sims out of their money for coffee AND look steampunktastic whilst doing so! *flings you a cat*

Bloop bloooop get on the robotrain y'awl
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 13, 23:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I like these more than the regular servos Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 14, 00:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you know I was soon going to need a bunch of servos? I don't do steampunk (it's pretty, but I like my mod/contemporary), but the bronze color is a nice change.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 14, 02:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you know I was soon going to need a bunch of servos? I don't do steampunk (it's pretty, but I like my mod/contemporary), but the bronze color is a nice change.

Well, don't tell anyone, but I've also been contemplating doing a few more colours. I will upload a few of my favourites here!

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 14, 15:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are great.  I have a question, though.  Is there a way to use this on individual Servos or must all Servos look alike?  One of the things that drives me crazy is that if you have more than two servos--one male and one female--in a neighborhood it's impossible to tell them apart.
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 14, 19:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow!  This looks really awesome.  But I was wondering, if it was not too much trouble, if you could edit those little green bits back in?  And I don't even know if this is possible, but remove the eyelashes from the female servos?

Now asbestos-free.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 14, 21:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are great.  I have a question, though.  Is there a way to use this on individual Servos or must all Servos look alike?  One of the things that drives me crazy is that if you have more than two servos--one male and one female--in a neighborhood it's impossible to tell them apart.

As of yet, it isn't possible to have servos who look different in the typical servo style. You can age them down to teens and then back up to adults, though, and they'll look like normal sims. You can then use simsurgery on them in SimPE to change their skintone to something metallic, if you so desire, such as this one. (I couldn't locate it on MTS2, perhaps the creator died a horrible death, so I just box'd it.) I'm fairly sure that you can recolour it in body shop and it will stay shiny. If not, just copypasta the material definition in SimPE. Just note that if they own a business and you visit it, they will revert to servo form, so I usually use the Independent Teen age option on the InSimenator instead of adult to prevent this.

As for actual servo-looking servos being different, you could probably clone the maxis servo TORSO and make them CASable, then just use InSim or AllMenus to make them purchase them and then put them on, and that would change the torso colour. The head might be a bit different - this is all theory, I haven't tried it yet - but it could probably be done by recolouring the hair and using the above method again. The only problem with this is that it might make their "faces" appear. That is, you'll see a Sim head, and then the servo head intersecting it. There's probably a way to fix this, though.

Wow!  This looks really awesome.  But I was wondering, if it was not too much trouble, if you could edit those little green bits back in?  And I don't even know if this is possible, but remove the eyelashes from the female servos?

I could certainly add the green bits back in. The bow can probably be fixed just by alpha editing the right parts out. I'll see what I can do!

Also, another skin! I call it Aurora because of the colour of the eyes. It is a very light shade of silver with differently coloured eyes for the males and females.

http://www.box.net/shared/tkc5hk89vd

I will upload pictures once I'm done taking them. The metal is a little flat; I'll work on that. It might require reducing the specular light in the material definitions for the servos and keeping the diffuse.

Now to figure out how the heck to do that.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 14, 21:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the bow and the eyelashes thing are pretty much the only things that distinguish "male" servos from "female" servos, given that servo has no other distinguishing anatomical characteristics and is by nature a sexless construct.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 14, 21:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! The evil scientist in my steampunk neighbourhood has really been needing this!  Cheesy

INEPT INTP
cow_tools
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 14, 21:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, the bow and the eyelashes thing are pretty much the only things that distinguish "male" servos from "female" servos, given that servo has no other distinguishing anatomical characteristics and is by nature a sexless construct.

I can somewhat tolerate the bow (even though it is infantile), but I never understood why a robot would need/have eyelashes.

I could certainly add the green bits back in. The bow can probably be fixed just by alpha editing the right parts out. I'll see what I can do!

Thanks!  And yeah, if you could take out both the bow and eyelashes, I would be in your debt.

Now asbestos-free.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 14, 22:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  And yeah, if you could take out both the bow and eyelashes, I would be in your debt.

The bow would actually be much easier. It's quite easy to see what part of the texture is the bow!

And also, pictures of the second skin, for Zazazuians like myself who tend to err toward the side of modernism:

I totally love the eyes on this one. And as I've varied the eyes based on gender, there would be some distinguishing the "sexes" without a bow/eyelashes.

Males get green, Females get violet.

And some lovely vampires, also sex-distinguished based on eyes.

Once again, trying to force werewolfism didn't work, although I had that same problem with normal servos. I can vouch for the fact that their portraits looked correct, though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 14, 22:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can somewhat tolerate the bow (even though it is infantile), but I never understood why a robot would need/have eyelashes.
No reason at all, other than to indicate "This Robot Is Female". They're not functional elements of the robot, obviously, they're simply there to create an impression of sex in an otherwise sexless thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 14, 22:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like these, great work. One question, are they both default? if so, is there a way to make them non-default so as to have more than one color servo in the game

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 14, 23:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No reason at all, other than to indicate "This Robot Is Female". They're not functional elements of the robot, obviously, they're simply there to create an impression of sex in an otherwise sexless thing.

Sims seem to be able to figure out that male robots are male without any sex-impression-adding doodads.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 14, 23:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims seem to be able to figure out that male robots are male without any sex-impression-adding doodads.
Yeah, but the sex-impression adding stuff is for the humans playing the game.  Heck, I get so confused with sim dogs/cats and have to keep checking in the relationship pannel for the gender symbol; servos don't get the gender symbol in the rel pannel, so how would we ever figure it out?

Anyway, I love the idea of steampumk servos.  I'm starting some historical hoods and eventually want my braniac wizzards to discover how to magically animate a humanoid-shaped metal construct (ie servo lol), but the normal look of servos just doesn't seem to fit.  Bronze blends so much better!   Grin

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 14, 23:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, no such luck - for some reason, the bow and eyelashes are staying even when I open the files and cut out the bows (and what I assumed was the eyelash file, and may very well be, given that the bows won't disappear.) Perhaps they're part of the outfit... but I doubt it. Odd. I will look into it further - I think I'd also like sexless servos.

In any case, here's the bronze with the green accents added back in. At first I was a little confused - but it really does look nice!

http://www.box.net/shared/e3l8fitc92

Also, a big WOOP WOOP: SERVO WITCHES.

As the witches use a new hairstyle on servos, which is basically the servo hair with a witch hat plopped on top. As EAxis hates CC creators, this was not done through accessories, but an entirely new hairstyle.

Ergo, turning a default replace'd servo into a witch looks something like this:

DO NOT WANT. For now, please use human-shaped servos as witches or SUFFER THE TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE consequences.

Gwilly, can has updaet? Pleeez?

I really like these, great work. One question, are they both default? if so, is there a way to make them non-default so as to have more than one color servo in the game

This could be done by cloning the servo clothes and hairstyles, as explained a few points above. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do this. My condolences; you're certainly not alone in wanting some variety in your servos.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 15, 03:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually use the Independent Teen age option on the InSimenator instead of adult to prevent this.

Out of curiosity -- I have a mod that seems to be doing pretty well at preventing reversion last I checked, haven't tested it real thoroughly yet, but -- is that actually a foolproof and permanent method of keeping them in their human appearance? Because if so it's pretty nifty, AND I'm amazed nobody else has ever mentioned it in my "hearing".

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 15, 08:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about Marvin Kosh's fix, Akatonbo?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11686.0.html
I haven't tested it with AL but (s)he gives updating instructions.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 15, 13:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I'm busy doing other stuff and thus haven't tried to update it for AL yet, and my test with FT was fairly limited, but it was successful. I still can't believe nobody ever replied to that post; it was already in necromantic territory when I found it. (If I update it successfully and nobody beats me to it I'll resurrect it to post the updated file, though. I really need to learn how to do that stuff.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 15, 14:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually use the Independent Teen age option on the InSimenator instead of adult to prevent this.

Out of curiosity -- I have a mod that seems to be doing pretty well at preventing reversion last I checked, haven't tested it real thoroughly yet, but -- is that actually a foolproof and permanent method of keeping them in their human appearance? Because if so it's pretty nifty, AND I'm amazed nobody else has ever mentioned it in my "hearing".

I've found it to be foolproof. Since the servo "hair" and "clothes" are only enabled for adults, they can't be placed on the teen body. Not to mention the fact that they look adorable. Especially in the Seasons scarf outfits! Bloop.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 15, 14:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you have to do to keep servos looking human is to clone them after an elder in SimPE. I have never had problems with them. They even keep their human appearance through game resetting and patching.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 15, 14:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should use this to make a Veil-Bot.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 15, 15:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you have to do to keep servos looking human is to clone them after an elder in SimPE. I have never had problems with them. They even keep their human appearance through game resetting and patching.
And how do you do that, exactly?

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 15, 15:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how do you do that, exactly?

Use Sim Surgery in SimPE and clone from any existing LIVING elder. Once you have cloned one servo, you can clone them from each other.
I will make up a tutorial today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: