More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:38:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Buggered it up.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Buggered it up.  (Read 4226 times)
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Buggered it up.
« on: 2008 November 05, 20:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was making a community lot (a florists)

All stocked, owner on board ready to start crafting the flowers.

I need to send her home to sleep. Well, phone booth wasn't clickable, and the hand phone wasn't clickable. No options for either, so I couldn't get her to leave.
I forced an error using the lot debugger, and (this part just kills me) hit delete, isntead of reset.

Now, I have an invisible sim......she is nowhere to be found. I can't delete either the business, or her home, because I've tried that, and the business is totally unusable.

I tried rebooting with no CC, as per the norm, and my flower shopped looked strange, but still no change.

Any ideas?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Buggered it up.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 05, 21:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your post needs some clarification, I think.  For one thing, did your sim live alone?  If so, you'll have to play a different household, teleport her in, and have her join that family.*  You can then move her out, but she will have lost her former house and business.  You may be able to use the magicwand to make her business useable again, but I don't have enough experience with that to advise.  Personally, I would bulldoze.

FYI, you can always put a regular phone in a business lot.  As a rule, it's usually better to save frequently, and exit without saving if something goes south.  Don't just pound the lot debugger mindlessly.

* I use the teleporter cat from Simlogical.
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 05, 22:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, ok.

My Sim did live alone. She was at the store, whilst I stocked it.

I played the other household, and teleported her in. She was pissing me off by that point, so I, um, smote her down. She wouldn't die. I stuck her in fire, she wouldn't die. I had her join the family, THEN she died, passing on her deeds to the florist to the newgirl.

Now, the problem is, the girl that I moved her in with, has now disappeared too.........she's showing at the florist, but ISN'T at the florist.
I always put a regular phone at a business lot.
What is the Magic wand, please?
I can't bulldoze - it won't let me.......keeps telling me the lot is occupied, or some such other thing.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 06, 06:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly you made the mistake of building the florist shop on top of a cemetery.
"You moved the headstones, but you didn't move the bodies!!"

What's the reason for the normal phone at the business lot?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 06, 19:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you able to resurrect the dead sim?  For the one that is currently invisible can you direct her to sell the lot? Let her die too and try resurrecting her too. I would do a back up before trying any of this, just in case. The lot could be sold and bulldozed. Just an idea.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 06, 20:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was pissing me off by that point, so I, um, smote her down. She wouldn't die. I stuck her in fire, she wouldn't die. I had her join the family, THEN she died, passing on her deeds to the florist to the newgirl.

It's normal; one of the later EPs (BV?) added protection for visitors so they don't die easily.

Now, the problem is, the girl that I moved her in with, has now disappeared too.........she's showing at the florist, but ISN'T at the florist.
I always put a regular phone at a business lot.

I suggested that you do this so that it would be easier (and more sensible) to force an error on just the phone if it's not working, rather than forcing errors on random or dangerous things and deleting them. Wink

The magic wand can be found in the hack directory, or by searching.  If you cannot load the lot, as seems likely at this point, try using the loadlot cheat.

I can't bulldoze - it won't let me.......keeps telling me the lot is occupied, or some such other thing.

This isn't surprising, since you sent another sim to a corrupted lot. Cheesy  You'll have to rinse, repeat, to retrieve this sim before trying to fix the lot.  Also, I'd sell the lot before doing anything with it.  As a final tip, whether you get the lot fixed or not, cleanse your downloads.  Broken phones are a sign of outdated hacks.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 12, 01:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the reason for the normal phone at the business lot?

Lets you perform several business functions, including hiring new employees, and calling up and inviting particular  sSims to visit the lot.  Useful if you don't have room or reason for a  computer on the lot, and your business owner doesn't have a cell phone.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 12, 01:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The normal phone is also necessary to use the Phone Hack, otherwise the ringer is left on default and owners with cellphones get spammed with useless calls.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: