More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 03:26:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uh, I hate to ask, but what is up with buskers in Apartments?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uh, I hate to ask, but what is up with buskers in Apartments?  (Read 3750 times)
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Uh, I hate to ask, but what is up with buskers in Apartments?
« on: 2008 November 10, 01:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have nobuskers installed.

The busker in this particular situation is an adult that lives in another apartment unit in the same building.

So is this because the game treats all tenants in an apartment building as quasi-family? Or is it something else? I really hate to remove all the musical instruments...but there really just cannot be random buskering in my game. It's almost as annoying as visitors using your computer (that would be in real life as well as in the game).

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Uh, I hate to ask, but what is up with buskers in Apartments?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 10, 13:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you be more specific about his busking? Is he setting up a tip jar in the common area? Rapping on the corner for spare change? Constantly playing the drums in his own flat or wandering in to use another family's violin?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 10, 17:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the upright piano in an apartment unit - apartment building has 4 units. All occupied by sims I either created or the progeny of sims I created.

The first time this happened I thought it was a fluke because of the sometimes odd behaviour of the game towards other apartment unit dwellers (they aren't family but they are, but the aren't, you know).

So what exactly happened was that the couple living in the apartment had a child. When the wife gave birth, half the apartment complex came running to see.

The fella who lives upstairs (and was a college roommate of the husband so they are bffs), comes to see the baby and then walks over to the upright piano and plops down the tip jar and plays for tips. I'm going 'huh?' because that particularly irritating behaviour has been nixed in my game since the day I found our beloved Pescado's nobuskers hack (sorry if I made you spew your drink there).

So after starting this thread, I went back to play the family some more - played long enough to grow the rugrat to toddle-pot stage and him to learn all the things he's suppose to learn while toddling. During this time,the wife goes off to work and brings home a friend - a townie (where's the cowplant when I need one?). She proceeds to go into the apartment unit, plunks down the tip jar and play the piano for tips.

Now I will tell you that prior to this, I had made several apartment complexes where there was a piano and sometimes other instruments in common areas. I stopped that because invariably some sim I could not control would become stuck playing for tips at the piano (usually the grand piano).

So yeah, I've been having 'buskering' problems with apartment complexes since installing AL - And I do have both nobuskers and Marhis' fastertipjarpickups installed.

I should also note that I have pianos on almost all residential lots (houses) and in common areas in all the 'dorms' (I play 'em like dorms but they are just rented houses that I rotate students through) at Uni. And I've not experienced a single busker on any of those lots since AL installation. Just apartment complex lots.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 11, 12:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated nobuskers to include apartments and will upload it as soon as network congestion clears sufficiently to enable this to happen. Watch for the next update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 11, 20:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh! Swoon. Thank you, fearless leader.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: