More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:20:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  just got the game now wondering about a few things..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: just got the game now wondering about a few things..  (Read 9595 times)
Sparkette
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
just got the game now wondering about a few things..
« on: 2008 November 09, 04:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well i got the game and found out about suxurom too late, turns out ive had it loaded up infecting my system for months after installing the creature creater demo anyways (i recently removed it so i could learn how, unfortunately i am gonna end up getting it again, i can always remove it though), i dont like the idea of having unpredictable DRM spyware crap bogging my system down sucking resources

i was thinking about installing the game normally, getting me a no-cd crack and just removing securom afterwards, but i was wondering about a few things:

1. if the game can be started with the crack, so i dont pick up securom again?

2. if a valid purchased game can still access the online part and auto-D/L creatures off sporepedia with a no-cd crack? (note i did not buy a D/L version from online, this a store bought box-version)

3. in the case that #2 dosen't work i can still somehow get custom stuff, i hear you can just get their .pngs or whatever off sporepedia and that will work just as well?

4. if there is patch-compatible crack i hear it dosen't work with the patch?

5. will even being connected to sporepedia give me securom again?

in the end i just think its extremely ridiculous people (myself included) have to do this to get a spyware free game, i have never needed to go through this crap with a game before, i hope DRM dosen't become the new standard for all games in the future
« Last Edit: 2008 November 09, 04:44:48 by Sparkette » Logged
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: just got the game now wondering about a few things..
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 09, 04:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you can install that game you just bought and get rid of sucUrom and still access the online features.  Install it, toss out the sucurom and then get the no cd crack. It only checks for the valid registration code which you have since you bought it.

Sparkette
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 09, 04:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you can install that game you just bought and get rid of sucUrom and still access the online features.  Install it, toss out the sucurom and then get the no cd crack. It only checks for the valid registration code which you have since you bought it.

good to hear, another question is does it let you make multiple accounts per cd-key/game? some people say you cant, some say you can

EDIT: looked at the other thread about the no-cd thing.. im still kinda weary of these kind of files, the one i found was:

Spore Creature v1.01 (v1.1.0.358) Fixed Executable [8.7 MB]
Done by RELOADED

from GameFix, is it safe/patch compatible?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 09, 05:26:15 by Sparkette » Logged
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 09, 10:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PROTIP: You might want to find your shift key and look up proper punctuation to avoid further sporking.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 09, 22:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spore Creature v1.01 (v1.1.0.358) Fixed Executable [8.7 MB]
Done by RELOADED
That's not for the Patch 2 version. You want Spore Creature v1.02 Fixed Executable

Yes, DRM is becoming the rule. Always check on a game before running it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Parsimonious Kate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 11, 03:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<irrelevance>Well there you go. I have no idea MATY had a Spore section </irrelevance>

You can't have multiple accounts with the game, it advertises it as being possible in the game manual, but the DRM doesn't allow it. To 'fix' this, Maxis have done a botch-up job of introducing fake accounts tacked on to a master account for people accessing the official site. Afaik, it is possible that said, to clear up the Securerom hideousness, without destroying the DRM so entirely that it prevents you from accessing the online features (in truth, without the achievements it could reasonably be argued this game is shit).
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 11, 19:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Achievements don't do shit. You also get them in a cracked game, you just can't look at a page with them all listed. Big whoop.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 15, 21:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why do y'all need a no cd crack?

I run the game without anything in the cd/dvd rom drive...no cracks installed.

of course hubby wasn't all that thrilled when he installed it on his computer and discovered that he had to log in with my ID. But, he got over it, I think.

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 15, 22:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*tsen points and laughs at sewerlady
Enjoy your SecuROM, failperson!  Tongue

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 16, 04:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh.. I used to think SuckUrom of better FuckUrom didn't hurt anything. WRONG!  It broke my cd/dvd drive. Go to the podium and there is a stickie on how to get rid of the parasite. Get the no cd needed exe and use that afterward or everytime you insert the cd it will come back.  Go google the fuckurom controversy and decide if its worth borking up your drive.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 17, 21:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha... well see, there's the thing...even though my computer is technically, I suppose, capable of burning a dvd or cd...I just don't.

And I warned hubby about that whole mess when I gave him the dvd to install on his computer - and he did something so it didn't kill his burner software...I don't know what.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 17, 21:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have trouble understanding the word bork?
Do you have trouble understanding that DVD drives read as well as write?
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 17, 23:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope, totally understand it...just haven't had a problem with my dvd rom reading dvds since EA went the Securom route.

Doesn't mean I won't at some point down the road or that I like that they are using that program like a fly swatter to deal with a problem akin to a plague of locusts.

Will deal with problem if/when one arises.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 18, 00:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you know what you're dealing with and what you're gambling on, it's your rig.

For myself, and lots of other posters here, it's been easier (and cheaper) to get rid of the suckrom.  I'd suggest you make yourself a copy of the instructions in the podium.  The internet is not forever, even MATY, and there aren't that many other places where you'll find instructions as thorough as they are here.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 19, 01:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't break it immediately it happens over time. But its your computer gamble at your own risk.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: