More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:56:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nvidia driver reccomendations?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nvidia driver reccomendations?  (Read 5423 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Nvidia driver reccomendations?
« on: 2008 October 25, 17:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was just my son's new game, kept locking up my computer and showing graphic errors. Well, I just tried to play the sims and I got the same thing, so it's not just his game. This will not do. I have a new video card, Nvidia GEforce 8500 GT. I hope it's not just the card is crap, I seem to recall playing the sims on this card, but I didn't play very long. Later I updated the drivers to fix my son's game, but it could be that both drivers were crap for that game.

The point. I remember I had problems with a certain driver released by nvidia with Sim City. I had to roll back to an older driver with that game, then the newest driver for every other game I had because they wouldn't run on the older drivers. Pain in the ass, but I got to play, right?

Anyone have an nvidia 8000 series card? What driver series do you have that seems to work well?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Mordant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Nvidia driver reccomendations?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 25, 18:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got an 8600gts with driver version 6.14.0011.7516 Everything has worked fine since I installed this driver (months ago).
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 25, 20:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's convenient. That's the one on my disk.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 27, 14:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've it too, looks fine on my 8800GTS
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 02, 22:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried with a Geforce 9100? I had to buy a new laptop and haven't been able to reinstall the game yet. At first the high number reassured me, but it seems to be pretty recent and I haven't been able to find any testimony as to whether it can handle the sims or not.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 03, 18:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blargh. I have just got my computer working again after about 2 weeks due to the infamous Nvidia "infinite loop" error caused by installing a new driver (my monitor also exploded during this time, which I promptly replaced with a 22 inch widescreen that will take some getting used to...)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 03, 18:36:44 by Alex » Logged
karthikthepro
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 03, 18:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that the GeForce 9xxx series are an older series.  I have a 9800 from 2003? 2004? which just died a few weeks ago.
Not quite correct, the GeForce 9 series is released in 2008. GeForce 9 series, wikipedia

I've the latest driver, version 178.24. I've no problem running the game with my GeForce 8600GT.

Regards,
Karthik

From ignorance, lead me to truth;
From darkness, lead me to light;
From death, lead me to immortality
Aum peace, peace, peace.
                  --Bṛhadāraṇyaka Upaniṣad 1.3.28
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 08, 18:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried with a Geforce 9100? I had to buy a new laptop and haven't been able to reinstall the game yet. At first the high number reassured me, but it seems to be pretty recent and I haven't been able to find any testimony as to whether it can handle the sims or not.

After some testing, I can say it works quite well. Way better than my former card anyway (in the old days when my laptop would freeze every other time I reached the neighbourhood view). I can see the reflections on the sea at last!

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: