More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:11:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  *moan* Unwanted crap townies and NPCs are infesting my game!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: *moan* Unwanted crap townies and NPCs are infesting my game!  (Read 10225 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
*moan* Unwanted crap townies and NPCs are infesting my game!
« on: 2008 November 08, 02:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the relevant hacks, of course, but after installing FT and AL I'm seeing townies being generated anyway.

Examples:

My game suddenly halted, and soon after a pop up showed an ugly new townie who told me he had a friend who wanted my number. DO NOT WANT!

My game halted and soon after an ugly new townie walked by my lot. It did not appear to have any special purpose. DO NOT WANT!

I moved a sim into an apartment building (two apartments), which generated a landlord as expected. It also generated two ugly townies who came to inspect apartments before I had a chance to claim one, or even to exit and create another sim to occupy the other apartment, which is what I had intended to do. DO NOT WANT!

An ugly townie got generated when my sim unlocked a secret lot. I know this is intentional, but, DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: *moan* Unwanted crap townies and NPCs are infesting my game!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 08, 02:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're making sure you have clean templates, and all the noregens?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 08, 03:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, of course.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 08, 03:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The events you describe seem impossible. Townies don't show up to inspect the apartment until AFTER you pick an apartment. Are you sure you're not just seeing the mandatory sims like Hobby Mavens?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 08, 03:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would those walk onto a new apartment lot? Also, I'm not sure that they were inspecting anything, they just walked onto the lot and wandered around. I exited without saving in the hopes that they'd not get saved. Sad

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 08, 06:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After you check out an apartment, the remaining unpopulated units will be filled by townies. This is not covered in the anti-regen code.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 08, 10:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, normal behavior? Darn. No more apartments for my sims, then. It's not giving much time to get out of the lot and move in another sim. Rotten EAxis and their flood of nasty undesirables.

Fail.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 08, 12:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make apartment lots with only one apartment.  That's the only way I can think to avoid neighbours.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 08, 18:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That or use the normal doors for other units, then lock against all sims so your sim isn't traipsing into them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 09, 00:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about it. If you populate the other units even after the townie appears, it will be evicted and just be reused at some later date.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 10, 01:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just populate all units in apartment units with sims of my own making.

The only good thing to do with the new townies is feed them to the cowplant. At least this keeps me from having to periodically feed it an actual sim I might care about...

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 22, 15:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about it. If you populate the other units even after the townie appears, it will be evicted and just be reused at some later date.

Does this mean that a custom social group townie will be used in apartment lots if this happens? I have a few townies that I assigned to be groupies while making this hood, and I've yet to use an apartment lot. I was wondering what it would be like to do an asylum by having 7 sims in one family and 1 in the other, thus making sure to avoid all chances of accidentally selecting another sim (I tend to right click + drag to move the screen.)

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
vividmiss
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 22, 16:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those social group townies are so fast, they don't even inspect the apartments. They just make a bee line for a door and take it. It's not as bad on larger lots but since I am mostly playing the Short Street minis from here it's become a problem. The only way I have been able to get around it is to use moveobjects on and park the sim in front of the door, rent it then exit quickly and do the same until all the apartments are taken. I hope that's not a VBT because it's the only way I have been able to stop them.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 22, 16:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this:
- Move sim families into the apartment building, without selecting an apartment.
- After you have filled all of the apartment slots, move each family into an apartment.

Not sure that this will work, but I believe that the game should realize that all apartment will eventually be taken, so it doesn't need to move in any townies.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 22, 19:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this happen in 'hoods that already have townies?  Take, for example, my MATY 'hood.  It has a whack of MATY townies that wander about and interact with the MATY playables.  No regen hacks keep other riffraff from being spawned.  If I move witch into an apartment, will the game generate a bunch of random townies, or will it pull from the existing townie pool?  If it pulls from the pool, I don't mind, but I don't want a bunch of strangers cluttering up the place.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 22, 20:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me neither.  Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 22, 21:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should use the already existing social groups townies; the game would not use regular townie in apartments.
 It will use those who pertain to the correct social group (e.g. in high class apts, socialites + techies). If you don't have enough townies of the social group picked by sadorandom roll, the game will generate a new one (with a 25% chance it will be an elder).
Apparently the game will generate up to 25 units per social group, and this kind of spawning seems to happen in other occasions, too, not only when populating apartments. Also, I suspect those apt residents aren't evicted when a family moves out, thus leading to a bunch of non recyclable townies stuck with the apt key in their inventory; pretty much similar to what happens in uni dorms, when a playable moves out.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 22, 21:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I suspect those apt residents aren't evicted when a family moves out, thus leading to a bunch of non recyclable townies stuck with the apt key in their inventory; pretty much similar to what happens in uni dorms, when a playable moves out.

I don't understand what you mean, Marhis.  In uni dorms, when a playable moves out, an existing dormie returns to take up their slot.  If I move a playable in, one randomly chosen dormie moves out.  I've seen the evicted dormies move into other dorms if needed, when I play those other lots in the rotation.  Huh

Doesn't notownieregen in the DC work the same way to prevent the spawning of more social townies, if there already are some available?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 22, 21:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should use the already existing social groups townies; the game would not use regular townie in apartments...Apparently the game will generate up to 25 units per social group...Also, I suspect those apt residents aren't evicted when a family moves out, thus leading to a bunch of non recyclable townies stuck with the apt key in their inventory; pretty much similar to what happens in uni dorms, when a playable moves out.

Well, that pretty much sucks.

If I move witch into an apartment...I don't want a bunch of strangers cluttering up the place.
Me neither.  Tongue

Quite.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 22, 22:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what you mean, Marhis.  In uni dorms, when a playable moves out, an existing dormie returns to take up their slot.  If I move a playable in, one randomly chosen dormie moves out.  I've seen the evicted dormies move into other dorms if needed, when I play those other lots in the rotation. 

I mean that when you have the last playable in a dorm move out, all the other resident dormies are not evicted, until a new playable will be plopped down in that lot; only then, they are properly evicted and replaced.
If you move the new playable in another (empty) dorm, instead, the "old" dormies will not populate this dorm, because they're still stuck in the old one, so the game will send you new dormies, and will generate others if none is available.

If you enter the old dorm (of course it will be in buy/build) mode, you'll see all the doors still occupied, with the dormie face on them.

Syberspunk did a lovely hack to solve this issue, and BTW with nodormieregen stuck dormies remain stuck, but no new dormies are generated.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 23, 01:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I suspect those apt residents aren't evicted when a family moves out, thus leading to a bunch of non recyclable townies stuck with the apt key in their inventory; pretty much similar to what happens in uni dorms, when a playable moves out.
Dormies can be recycled if you remove dorm key in their inventory with SimPE. I expect that the same technique can be applied to apartment dwellers, i.e. removing hotel key in their inventory.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 23, 01:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormies can be recycled if you remove dorm key in their inventory with SimPE. I expect that the same technique can be applied to apartment dwellers, i.e. removing hotel key in their inventory.

Batbox purge feature, pretty please, Pescado!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 23, 02:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used a batbox feature like "remove bad apt residents" or something, and it removed the token, hence I think there already is.

------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: