More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:07:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't pick undies for children with clothingtool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't pick undies for children with clothingtool  (Read 13364 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Can't pick undies for children with clothingtool
« on: 2008 November 03, 11:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While going through townie kids to give makeovers, I noticed that I can't pick undies for children with clothingtool. It may have started in FT, when children acquired gym category that was previously unavailable to them. Might be that gym clothes eated undies already in FT, but I can't remember this happening in FT. I only noticed it in AL.

Tested the newest version in a hack-free game. ALp2.

Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Can't pick undies for children with clothingtool
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 03, 12:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall ever being able to choose childrens undies with the clothing tool.  I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be that way.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 03, 19:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I ever enabled it at all, since it's one of those "dead categories" where there are no meaningful decisions to make and the category itself is basically never used. Have you been dabbling in child woohoo now? Eeew. Honestly, I've never even SEEN that category. Ever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
photo
Knuckleheaded Knob

I has a llama.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 03, 20:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. There should be that option as the game comes with the tank and shorts combo for kids as undies. Maybe you have a conflicting hack?

I'm a she.
I am teh AIDES, photo 1 & photo b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 03, 20:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what, that's ONE option? That you will never, ever actually see?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 03, 21:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much.  I recall seeing downloadable undies for 6s in a range of colours and designs, but none of my sim 6s ever displayed them.  They wore "everyday", "swim", or "PJs".  With FT, I notice they also have soccer uniforms to wear as "athletic" (I don't recall them having athleticwear before).  Still have not seen the undies.  Superfluous category is superfluous.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 03, 22:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a few undies somewhere. Just recategorized for pjs. When I was little, I either slept in annoying ruffled nightgowns or just in my panties.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 03, 22:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6ses previously did not have an "athletic" category at all. This was added around FT, but its functionality remains minimal, given that I've never heard of such a thing being actually sold to 6ses. The "underwear" category is largely superfluous, given that it is not used for anything that 6ses can do, either with or without a hack, and additionally, causes issues even if you did somehow find a way to use them.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 03, 22:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So kids can't 'sleep in underwear'?  Can't say I've ever bothered to try.  Kids, in my houses, go to bed mid-evening and remain there till morning when they are required to go to school and everything that entails (homework) until it's time for bed again.  At the weekends, they're on their own and I don't really notice what they do.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 03, 23:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory they can, but this causes tons of problems with jammed beds and privacy issues, so the underwear-sleeping option is only meaningful for those 18+.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 04, 00:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So kids can't 'sleep in underwear'?
Yes they can. Unlike toddler undies, Sims can buy and plan children undies too. I just downloaded oodles of adorable panties made by Plum.
I often let 6s to sleep in their undies. When I was 6, I pretty much slept in my undies all the time. Only once did I wear one of those long, frilly nightdresses, which I never touched again to my mother's despair.
I agree that undies in children is largely superfluous, but I still found its use to toggle between 2 sleepwear outfits.

With FT, I notice they also have soccer uniforms to wear as "athletic" (I don't recall them having athleticwear before).
Athletic category in 6s is used only for ballet and Tai Chi.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 04, 00:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And basketball. Probably soccer too, but I don't think I've have a 6 play soccer.

I have some underoos for the little ones that I think are cute, so I do like to use them (usually for a summer and winter pajamas outfit) but still townies? I can't think of an occasion when I'd see a townie child in undies. Even if they really slept over with your kid, wouldn't they automagically change to pjs?

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 04, 00:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some underoos for the little ones that I think are cute, so I do like to use them (usually for a summer and winter pajamas outfit) but still townies? I can't think of an occasion when I'd see a townie child in undies. Even if they really slept over with your kid, wouldn't they automagically change to pjs?
Sub-18s also have serious issues whenever they encounter an underwear-sleeper in a bed, and refuse to use the bed with someone like that in it. It's a real problem and basically completely removes any potential value behind it.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 04, 00:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who has children sleep in double beds with other sims, though?  That's pretty creepy, I don't blame them.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 04, 00:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the alternative is giving them all an entire double bed to themselves, which tends to unnecessarily consume space, or using single beds of vastly insuperior quality.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 04, 00:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no.  Why don't you just hack all of the single beds so they give the max energy possible?  I actually usually have the kids getting up too early so that they're too sleepy to do their homework when they come home from school.  Why would you want them up earlier?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 04, 00:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, well... all the kids in my households sleep in their own beds. Usually a single bed or bunkbeds, but if they're well-to-do enough the little ones get double beds to themselves. The only time they share is really poor farm families with a million (only slight exaggeration - it feels like a million) children and then everyone sleeps in granny gowns as it's appropriate to the theme. They often sleep in shifts anyways. The farm is just as likely to get weeds at night as during the day.

Unsouper
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 04, 00:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undies in townie kids will never be seen in normal gameplay, yes. It's just that so far I've used clothing tool solely for townie makeover, and only recently did I start to use it for age transition too, now that there are fewer dialog boxes than before. I thought that I may use it for playable kids in the future too.

Sub-18s also have serious issues whenever they encounter an underwear-sleeper in a bed, and refuse to use the bed with someone like that in it. It's a real problem and basically completely removes any potential value behind it.
Ah. Didn't know about that. I give only single beds to kids.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 04, 01:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who has children sleep in double beds with other sims, though?  That's pretty creepy, I don't blame them.
My sim children often share double-beds, especially in poorer families. I had one family where one of the kids slept with her grandmother. Cracked me up, watching her toss and turn and flail about...I used to do the same thing when I was little and my grandma from WV came up for a visit and had to share my bed because we didn't have a guest room.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 04, 07:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ever give my sim-kids single beds. I use Darcy's bed value mods though, that changes the comfort and energy values.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 04, 09:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And basketball. Probably soccer too, but I don't think I've have a 6 play soccer.

Punching bag too.
I see the athletic 6 category much more often than I see the formal one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 04, 10:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why Athletic 6 is now covered as of FT. I don't think I've ever actually seen Formal-6, because the only time sims ever actually use it is to attend wedding parties: But to be invited to a party, the sim must be known. Since 6ses can't actually leave their lots, they can't meet anyone who isn't a 6. Anyone who is a 6 isn't going to be throwing a wedding. Anyone who ISN'T one won't have met any 6ses to invite. Thus, it's somewhat of an extreme corner case for it to ever be used. At least pre-FT. In FT, they use it when playing musical instruments at max enthusiasm.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 04, 14:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children can not only leave their lots, they can also meet older Sims who are visiting their own lot, and attend wedding parties held on the lot they live on. Toddlers are the ones who can't really leave their lots, but the second two cases still apply.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 04, 14:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So kids can't 'sleep in underwear'?
Yes they can. Unlike toddler undies, Sims can buy and plan children undies too. I just downloaded oodles of adorable panties made by Plum.
I often let 6s to sleep in their undies. When I was 6, I pretty much slept in my undies all the time. Only once did I wear one of those long, frilly nightdresses, which I never touched again to my mother's despair.

<reels in shock> You mean you're not a bloke? <adjusts impression gained about identity from name - which just goes to show you shouldn't take anything on the net at face value>

Or are you a bloke? ....

Whatever - thanks for the link, those are indeed nice and whatever Pescado says, I want them too.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 04, 14:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Punching bag too.
*Facepalm* Forgot those FT sports objects. Didn't know about punching bag. Guess I should let my Sims get busier in the sprog department. Tongue

<reels in shock> You mean you're not a bloke? <adjusts impression gained about identity from name - which just goes to show you shouldn't take anything on the net at face value>
No.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: