More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:53:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Naming My Downtown-Need Help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Naming My Downtown-Need Help  (Read 11292 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Naming My Downtown-Need Help
« on: 2005 November 15, 03:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok guys I killed another hood and I've finished setting up my new one and I just need to name  my last downtown. Here is my set up. My Main hood is called Lexington Town. The Main downtown is called Lexinton Metro(general downtown), There is a second downtown called Fort Brok(only for Military sims to live in), A third called Sunrise Island(Vaction Town-Only Beach Themed lots with some community apartments) and there is my fourth downtown which is a wintery and lush green vaction town specializing in resorts and such. I can not think of a name for this town.  My Universities are Sim State University, Julit Sims Liberal Arts College, and SimPoint Military Academy.  Ao guys You are all creative I need help with this green vaction town's name. Smiley Thanks in advance

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Naming My Downtown-Need Help
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 15, 03:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my brain's gone dead (probably because it's 3.30 in the morning) and all I can think of are the obvious ones, such as Winter Wonderland and Snow City.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 15, 03:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer

Superb for naming hoods and lots.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 15, 05:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I happen to favor names like "Chernobyl Farms".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 15, 09:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am the worlds worst for naming 'hoods, so I tend to steal other peoples neighbourhood names Roll Eyes

*lurks in thread with notebook in hand*

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 15, 09:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol Emma. I ended up giving it the name lexington Resort Township. Kind of stupid but hey Its a damn game lol.

I am 25.

The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 16, 08:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am the worlds worst for naming 'hoods, so I tend to steal other peoples neighbourhood names Roll Eyes

World's worst you say? I'll challenge you for that title, I have neighbourhoods called Sedona, Challenge, Bored, Twintown, Prosperity, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Though my lack of interest in that part of the game is dismaying when I see posts like this, at least I'm finally giving my Sims decent names, my first Email offspring was actually BabyGirl until she died.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 16, 08:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legacy family neighbourhood called Legaville. And a downtown called Glamourton. I suck at names.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 16, 08:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

World's worst you say? I'll challenge you for that title, I have neighbourhoods called Sedona, Challenge, Bored, Twintown, Prosperity, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Though my lack of interest in that part of the game is dismaying when I see posts like this, at least I'm finally giving my Sims decent names, my first Email offspring was actually BabyGirl until she died.

Haha I usually name my hoods for the terrain name ie Viper Canyon, Crystal Springs or its usually 'Simtown' (if I use the 'sample n'hood-'Simtown on Sea') I'm not to bad at actually naming my sims though. I have a baby names book Wink

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 16, 08:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a baby names book. I rely on it. Totally.Otherwise my sims would all be named things like "Freddy" or "Johnny" and that would be boring. I use my baby names book to get interesting names like Corbiin and Chandi stuff youd never give your kid in real life because the other kids would tease them.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 16, 08:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about Etterleeville?  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 16, 08:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a baby names book. I rely on it. Totally.Otherwise my sims would all be named things like "Freddy" or "Johnny" and that would be boring. I use my baby names book to get interesting names like Corbiin and Chandi stuff youd never give your kid in real life because the other kids would tease them.

Yeah my sims have really exotic names too-but only the ones born in-game. The ones I create in Cas have the boring 'Sam' and 'Susie' type names Smiley

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 17, 02:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's hilarious, I actually have both Corbin and Chandi in my Challenge neighbourhood. I feel slightly more creative now as I named them before my online baby name binge.
I found a bunch of specific baby lists (Scandinavian, Nigerian, Indian, Celtic, Italian etc..)  when creating my Prosperity neighbourhood and created an Excel spreadsheet to make it more manageable. I now give my Sims 'Nationalities' and name them accordingly. It seems to add to the storylines and make things more interesting.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 17, 02:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you share where you found the nationality lists?

I am 25.

KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 17, 03:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,  I have had a lot of fun naming lots of neighborhoods.  I guess from reading lots of names pop into my head...Like Palcareeda.....
How about Connorstown?    Upper Medford?     Lake Chatelaine?     Mineonina?    Mount Agratop?    Chambersburg?    Take most any combo of letters, alternating vowels and consonants and stick a 'ville   or a   'burg    or a   'town   or a 'ton  on it and voila...there yah go.
K Wink
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 17, 03:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rand-McNally Road Atlas.

Best source of town names.  Just peruse the states index at the back until you find something you like!  (Well, for towns in English mostly.)
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 17, 04:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Rand Mcnally myself, where else can you get names like Buck Snort, Toad Suck. etc.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 17, 06:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking to me, I just googled 'baby names' and from there followed links until I found what I wanted.

If you just want Names by Country you can try http://www.just-think-it.com/sbn/sbc-stat.htm
I also wanted definitions (lord help me) so I also used : http://www.babynamebox.com/#  the bottom of the page has links to different countries and http://www.babynamesworld.com/

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 17, 07:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking to me, I just googled 'baby names' and from there followed links until I found what I wanted.

If you just want Names by Country you can try http://www.just-think-it.com/sbn/sbc-stat.htm
I also wanted definitions (lord help me) so I also used : http://www.babynamebox.com/#  the bottom of the page has links to different countries and http://www.babynamesworld.com/

I just love this site!
Everytime I'm convinced I'm the only "strange" one that does something with Sims, one of you wonderful people posts something and I know I'm not alone. I also used the babynamesworld site. I wanted to get new "ethnic" names into my game. I also wanted to know the meaning of the names to try and fit the personalities of the different families.

Do you think they have a 12 step program for people like us?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 17, 07:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am "in love" with the name - Wide Hills - feeling the freedom and the beautiful sights of the surroundings.

I suggest you to choose a name that it's conotation gives you happy feelings...Smiley. That why you are playing - to feel happy...Smiley.

Sorry, JM, but the conotation of Chernobil gives me the creeps...Smiley.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 17, 09:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just love this site!
Everytime I'm convinced I'm the only "strange" one that does something with Sims, one of you wonderful people posts something and I know I'm not alone. I also used the babynamesworld site. I wanted to get new "ethnic" names into my game. I also wanted to know the meaning of the names to try and fit the personalities of the different families.

Do you think they have a 12 step program for people like us?
If there is, I hope someone links us to it. I have over 4,000 names from 46 countries/cultures. I even created a little database...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 17, 09:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would go for a nice name, something with history and symbolism. Something like..."Erratic Buttocks".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 17, 09:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for names I usually make a bee-line for http://www.kaeori.net/ mostly 'cause the names I get out of my head are unimaginative...think I had two Julian's or something in one family before I realised my mistake  Embarrassed

- ElenaRoan
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 17, 17:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would go for a nice name, something with history and symbolism. Something like..."Erratic Buttocks".

mluh ha ha

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: