More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 11:48:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  graphics issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: graphics issues  (Read 4144 times)
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
graphics issues
« on: 2008 November 03, 05:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 2 and it's wreaking havoc with my graphics driver in Space stage.  I updated the driver but it's still happening.  Are there any solutions other than save, quit, delete graphicscache.package and restart, which is what solves it for a while, available?  I do have mods in the game, but this was happening without them in.  I'm guessing it's some form of corruption in the graphicscache that then mucks up the driver.

Oh, and I have Vista, didn't get a choice about that.

- ElenaRoan
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: graphics issues
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 03, 22:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which video card?  I've had some graphics problems with Spore since the beginning, and I have a high-end ATI card that should more than handle it. I've had to cut the resolution down, and change all the graphics settings to medium in order to play any length of time.

I currently have the 8.10 drivers installed; haven't checked since I got home from vacation to see if there's newer ones.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: graphics issues
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 03, 23:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an ATI.  I'll have to go play with the graphics settings and see if that helps.  800x600 a good size?  I'd hate to go smaller...

edit: nope, that doesn't work for me.  And 800x600 is the smallest available (I always seem to default to playing games in that size...not sure why...)  Guess I'll just have to put up with the exit, delete, restart routine until some future patch/expansion pack/stuff pack renders it unplayable.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 04, 12:54:16 by ElenaRoan » Logged

- ElenaRoan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: