More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:59:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Homework, The One Desk, and kids of all ages
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Homework, The One Desk, and kids of all ages  (Read 15918 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Homework, The One Desk, and kids of all ages
« Reply #25 on: 2008 December 13, 09:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should try the Ingeological desk+homework combo, and see if it corrects this behavior. Download it here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_MiscHacks.htm (look for Reservable Desk).

This works perfectly.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 December 14, 07:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs except BV, and I have the same problem with sims not being able to get the homework they placed on the left side of the desk. I'm not completely sure which EP it started with, but it certainly has not always been like this.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 December 14, 07:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using just the homework hack from Inge (haven't replaced the desks yet) and it works-sims put their homework on the right side of the desk.

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 December 16, 04:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got both Inge's desk and her homework hack, and they seem to work in a regular house, and mostly work in an apartment.  (I have been putting lamps on the left side of her desks, just to play it safe.)  So far my 12s find their assigned desk just fine, whether in a house or in an apartment, but the 6s so far find it only when it's in a house.  In an apartment, they leave it outside the apartment building.  This may be related to the Family Sim parent returning home at the same time to do that annoying spiel as soon as they get out of the car:  "I'm home!  From work!  Where I earned money!  I am the greatest!  Come to me, all my beautiful 6s!"  Which seems to make all 6s drop their entire queue.  12s seem unaffected by this ridiculous act.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 December 16, 05:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the child's queue gets interrupted, they will place the homework on the ground instead of the desk. The most common occurrence of this is due to routing issues, although it can also happen as you described. For example, say you are still using those one-piece staircases where only one Sim can walk on them at a time. The first kid starts walking up the stairs to place their homework on their desk. The second child realizes that the staircase is in use and will drop their homework on the ground since their "route is blocked".

I use Squinge's No Singing after Work, and the Hugging Hack from here which puts the "Hug" interaction at the end of their queue instead of wiping it out. Then as long as their route isn't blocked, they will always place their homework on their reserved desk. It works for me in apartments as well as on residential lots.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Halouja
Asinine Airhead

Have you tried switching it off and back on?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 December 16, 13:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have been irritated by the stupidity of my sims - if they can reach to put the homework on the desk in the first place, then why the heck are they suddenly not able to take it back off the desk? I got fed up with the idiots and now everyone gets a nice table lamp or something on the left hand side of the desks to stop the annoyance.

(I have all expansion packs and stuff packs, except M&G - too scared to install it.)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: