More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:14:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: November
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: November  (Read 143008 times)
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: EAxis House of Fail: November
« Reply #125 on: 2008 November 22, 06:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some houses have been made into community lots; a community Lot of Fail could be converted to residential.  I don't think it matters what the lot starts out as, just so long as it starts at Fail.

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 November 22, 11:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a fun idéa to try to redo some community lots. I always have a hard time making community lots and would love to learn more. Besides, we'll know how big a success this will be if noone enters (which I have a hard time believing, but you never know! ;P).

- INTJ -
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 November 22, 11:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoever submits the fail for the month gets to choose just that - the fail for the month.

How about downtown lots?  Vacation lots?  Dorms? 

If you want to pick a comm lot, make it a rule that it HAS to remain comm.  Or that it HAS to remain a business, be it residential or community.  You can add any rules you want at the start of the month - just don't go changing them half-way through.

If you want to re-model an apartment - create the apartment so that it is base-game compatible for those without expansions.  Same goes for dorms, and vacation lots.  You can always re-zone them when they're done.

Otherwise, besides the external wall rule, it's fair game for any and all conversions; dorm, community, business, residential, apartment, etc.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 November 22, 15:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, this is my first time trying the makeovers, I have always wanted to try one... I didn't make a lot of changes and I kept it pretty simple

Front

Back

First Floor

Second Floor

Kitchen

LivingRoom

Dining Room

Upstairs Hall

Can be found here...http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ab4f7dc872c7b3cddd8b33b5aa27078d

I have all EP/SP's except M&G

also lot packaged with car and pedestrian portals, I was not sure what they were or if I should leave them, so they are included and can be deleted with clean installer if not needed
« Last Edit: 2008 November 22, 15:41:45 by mistyk » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 November 22, 16:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WeeeLaaah! (See HHGttG)

I love that log house, and the interior is extremely well desigined.  Yoinking that as well.

Tribulatio proxima est
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 November 22, 21:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoever submits the fail for the month gets to choose just that - the fail for the month.

How about downtown lots?  Vacation lots?  Dorms? 

If you want to pick a comm lot, make it a rule that it HAS to remain comm.  Or that it HAS to remain a business, be it residential or community.  You can add any rules you want at the start of the month - just don't go changing them half-way through.

If you want to re-model an apartment - create the apartment so that it is base-game compatible for those without expansions.  Same goes for dorms, and vacation lots.  You can always re-zone them when they're done.

Otherwise, besides the external wall rule, it's fair game for any and all conversions; dorm, community, business, residential, apartment, etc.

I got a downtown community lot we could do.
Although I don't want to make rules to restrict it to just only one lot type.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 November 23, 15:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My offering this month is a little more traditional than modern with a fully landscaped garden and off road parking for one car. The cursed fireplace has been moved to the extension and I'm just living with the fact that it has a brick chimney stack. There's a swimming pool at the back and a large greenhouse. The original decking has been incorporated into the balconies and terraces at the front/rear of the property so is much nicer to look at. It should comply fairly well with awesomespec as it has a separate kitchen, easy access one desk and a suitable place for dumping bills. The living area is all downstairs and bedrooms/hobby activities upstairs. The magic wand was waved so it comes in at ~102k. I moved in MATY Inverted's latest couple (Kylie Giggy & Jupiter Lowbart) to test and it plays just fine.

Front:

Entrance (complete with Rohina spawn):

Back:

Ground Floor:

Upper Floor:

Garden:

Rear terrace at night:

View from dining room looking through hallway to lounge.

Study (complete with a Giggy grandaughter):

Download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tzkmmmy2nvt/130 Simlish Lane.Sims2Pack

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 November 23, 17:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eevilcat, it's so lush! And I really like that the greenery from outside is reflected in the interior scheme.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 November 23, 18:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one think we should stay with houses, since they are so easy to modify, yet some comm lots have to have EPs, as in Pet stores require the Pets EP and restaraunts Require Nightlife or Open For Business, so houses are better, loads of people can do that.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 November 23, 18:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of community lots,  so many of them are horrible. and there are some that are base game only, I just did the 2 in Strangetown over they were total fails..

I enjoy seeing what everyone does to the lots in the makeovers

94 Road to Nowhere from this

to this

88 Road to Nowhere from this

to this

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 November 23, 19:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one think we should stay with houses, since they are so easy to modify, yet some comm lots have to have EPs, as in Pet stores require the Pets EP and restaraunts Require Nightlife or Open For Business, so houses are better, loads of people can do that.
I'm sure you don't have to stick to the theme, you can convert restaurants into libraries or make them residential then do them up.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 November 23, 20:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.

A house is a house - until it becomes a comm lot.  Or a dorm.  Or a home-business.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 November 23, 20:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Eevilcat: Very nice. I like the frontage of the house and the way you have cleverly introduced faux curves, then there's a lovely matching area outdoors at the back. When Mediafire behaves, I'll definitely be downloading this.

@mistyk: You have made a huge difference to those two lots, neither of them look so square and plonked down now.

As for renovating commercial lots, I'm kinda meh on that, my simmies rarely get to go and I mostly use them for hood decoration.

I have one more intense week to go at work and then I will be able to start participating in this building again. I'm actually suffering withdrawals from sims building, believe it or not.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 November 23, 20:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some houses have been made into community lots; a community Lot of Fail could be converted to residential.  I don't think it matters what the lot starts out as, just so long as it starts at Fail.
If you want to pick a comm lot, make it a rule that it HAS to remain comm.  Or that it HAS to remain a business, be it residential or community...
If you want to re-model an apartment - create the apartment so that it is base-game compatible for those without expansions.  Same goes for dorms, and vacation lots.  You can always re-zone them when they're done...
Personally, I do not like the suggestion for a zoning restriction rule. The problem I see though with using a community/business lot rezoned to residential is the lack of a mailbox. That would require use of CC from either SEDD or ancienthighway to place one and CC is not supposed to be used I thought.

As for renovating commercial lots, I'm kinda meh on that, my simmies rarely get to go and I mostly use them for hood decoration.
That's my opinion also. I think Community/Business lot makeovers should be put in as a seperate thing, especially if the rule is made that they must remain community/business lots. I have no problem with the rezones of residentials to community or business in the makeovers, but I still think this should stay as makeovers of residential lots.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 20:12:34 by chobeegal » Logged

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 November 23, 21:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to do a smaller lot for a change, say 2x2, as that's what I normally play. Any suggestions?

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 November 23, 23:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tiny lots FTW!

And regarding rezoning: you do NOT need any CC to get a rezoned lot to work. Get frillen's "229 in-game objects" collection or Gretle's "Unbuyable items" from mts2 and you're set. For those who only have recent-EP games (that break those collections), I suppose future threadposters could provide the Maxian lot with community *and* resdential trashcans/mailboxen/phones if they want to encourage rezoning - then everyone just needs to delete what they don't need, rather than include anything new. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: 2008 November 24, 07:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to do a smaller lot for a change, say 2x2, as that's what I normally play. Any suggestions?

The Broke house? Caliente? Lothario? Thing is, they are basically boxes.

Eevilcat, your house is just gorgeous. I love what you've done with the half-walls in the garden.

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 November 24, 07:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to pick a comm lot, make it a rule that it HAS to remain comm.  Or that it HAS to remain a business, be it residential or community...
If you want to re-model an apartment - create the apartment so that it is base-game compatible for those without expansions.  Same goes for dorms, and vacation lots.  You can always re-zone them when they're done...
Personally, I do not like the suggestion for a zoning restriction rule. The problem I see though with using a community/business lot rezoned to residential is the lack of a mailbox. That would require use of CC from either SEDD or ancienthighway to place one and CC is not supposed to be used I thought.
CC isn't allowed but I'm sure there are exceptions, a mailbox is required so therefore hacks like those are allowed inorder for it to be functioning.

*Ella whine*
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 November 24, 09:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a mailbox is required so therefore hacks like those

Again .. mailbox != hack. There are custom ones as well, but the regular mbox is a standard Maxis object. (Also: when rezoning resi -> comm lot, the phone booth and trashcan are even in the buy mode catalogue)

Regarding small lots: I've seen one in Veronaville (it's used two or three times .. Poet Street? Poet Court? Don't remember) that is 3x2 and has two separate buildings -- that one would probably be a good basis for a home business. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2008 November 24, 09:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, actually that is a really nice house. I've grabbed it from Veronaville, modified and plonked it in Bluewater a few times. I think it would be a good challenge house. There is another one in Veronaville that I like, I plonked Bianca Monty in it. It is a small house, but I think the lot is bigger than it looks. I'll find out which one it is. I like the exterior of most of the smaller Veronaville houses but layouts really suck in the majority of them. I'd like a few variations of those, I think Grin

[edit] I found the one I mean, it is 19 Chorus Court in Veronaville, I think it is the only one of it's kind in the neighbourhood. It is on a 3x2 flat lot (hurrah!) I think this would be quite a challenging house to renovate.

« Last Edit: 2008 November 24, 11:05:03 by Emma » Logged

Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 November 24, 15:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so in awe of all these houses. I cannot build or decorate for shit. I spent hours yesterday going through every house of fail thread and downloading lots. I have gotten lots of good ideas and may give next months lot a try. I don't know if I will post it or not.

Can we just post it to get more hints on what we can do with the lot rather than actually entering the contest?

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 November 24, 18:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we just post it to get more hints on what we can do with the lot rather than actually entering the contest?

Oh, absolutely! Please feel more than welcome to do that. It's not like this is an actual contest or anything, and even though I've skipped the last couple of months, I enjoy these challenges. In my game I'm pretty guilty of building essentially the same houses over and over, so I enjoy being forced to think about new designs.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 November 24, 18:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game I'm pretty guilty of building essentially the same houses over and over, so I enjoy being forced to think about new designs.

Don't I know that story!  I did that for a couple of months and all my sims lived in dull boxes.  I finally started using the Maxoid lots and renovating them just so my sims could live in slightly better digs.  My hoods are all predominantly "house of fail" hoods (whether I did the redesign or someone else did), with some exceptions.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 November 24, 20:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been really enjoying these challenges as they've made me think 'outside the box'. Seriously, I've been just as guilty as the next person of building boxes for my sims to live in and I think the restriction of using only EAxis content has focused my attention on layout and themed decoration.

@Emma: that house looks like a good choice to me.

twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2008 November 24, 22:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've missed a few months, but I thought I'd try this month's house.  I really love what you guys have done with it, and have several awesome new houses in my bin.

Here is my attempt:

I had a lot of pictures and couldn't decide which ones to show, so I made a slideshow.

House Features:

Furnished (except for 1 bedroom)
No CC (except FreeTime preorder ballerina poster)
§179,035
5 bedrooms
3 bathrooms
daylight walkout basement
game room
pool
hot tub
greenhouse

Requires:
All EPs, Family Fun and Celebration Stuff

Some Awesomespecs:
Fenced