More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:08:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: November
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: November  (Read 143711 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: November
« Reply #50 on: 2008 November 07, 15:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Totally nonboring, as usual, Emma.  Wink  I especially like the cricket bat decorations.

I just re-read the rules.  Now I'm worried that I did something to the back decking.  I hope I didn't remove it.  I may have removed the decking stairs - is that okay?  I'll reinstall them if I have to.  Also, does the rule forbid changing the flooring style and railings on the back decking?  I would like to get rid of the dark wood and go for something else.  I have also changed the interior stairs (they are in the same location, but are different stairs - hopefully that's okay.  With any luck I'll get my house done this weekend.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 November 07, 15:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go for it Jolrei, do whatever you want. I broke the rules too by changing the decking at the back to foundation. Can't wait to see your version.

And thanks Jolrei, I almost never use the cricket bats. Cheesy They just 'went' with the room colour!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 November 07, 20:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought our original idea was just the external walls that could not be removed? Is this lot a special case? I don't want to have to start worrying about railings and internal stairs etc.

Also, I have assignments and marking all bloody weekend - again! I've missed two months now.   Undecided

Emma - where are your pictures?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 November 07, 21:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops... I broke the rules too and removed the second level of the back decking. I used the floorelevation cheat to bring the foundation back down to its normal height. It would've looked awfully funny with floating stairs, you know...  Tongue
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 November 07, 23:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Sale: Old World Charmer

This lavishly restored home was built in the late 1900s and much of the original fixtures remain. This heritage listed home has been renovated & decorated with the original design in mind. Featuring three lavish bedrooms, two indoor bathrooms, and front and back facing balconies, this home is sure to be a people pleaser.

$99,411 ONO.

I see ads like this in my local paper all the time. I live in a heritage-listed tourist town. (well, the tourist trap part of it is heritage listed along with every other house on the market around here). Sometimes the places are done up, sometimes they're not. Sometimes the only reason they aren't being bulldozed is because some C18th nob was born in said dump.

This lot hasn't yet been playtested.

I have Uni, NL, OFB, FFS, GLS, Pets, TSS, Celeb, Seas, BV, K&B, FT, AL. I think there are some giftmas packs in there as well, but they were loaners so I don't know what.

Exterior

First Level

Second Level

Third Level

« Last Edit: 2008 November 08, 13:55:07 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 November 08, 01:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  Amazing.  Just Wow.

*downloads*
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 November 08, 01:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download from here:
Ye Old Library.rar

I didn't do a residential lot this time.

It's a library/art lot for your college sims.
Room to bbq and relax, playground to work off the snacks and get the mental juices pumping.

Ample parking for 4 cars.

The back area is fenced off to stop those nasty kidnappers stealing your children while you study parenting.

4 Study nooks ensure your exam answers won't be copied - at least not by the person sitting next to you.

Plenty of books to read.

Some people find water relaxing.  For those who just feel the need to pee, a toilet is avalible.

Art and Craft floor has everything you could need to create a masterpiece, learn the piano or perfect the violin.  A TV offers a wide range of viewing, including informative channels.

Keep your children entertained while you study physics and mind control.

Feeling hungry?  Cook up a batch of burgers on the stainless steel bbq's and feel that hunger just dissappear.

You may need to add a rubbish bin outside - I forgot.

All EP's, no SP's.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 November 08, 03:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like building libraries myself, but never think to add some playground things.  Probably because I sentence all of my libraries to UNI hood.  What I want to know is, was this created during a time of Yesyrupy?  If it was, then double kudos to you.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 November 08, 04:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yecats, that's a lovely building. I just can't help worrying about how badly the humidity from the fountain is going to damage those books!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 November 08, 07:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, slapped tgether a second entry.  Modern style home, semi-functional.  Smiley  Not play tested or available for DL yet.  I need to root out all my hackarific CC, though none was used for building or decor (save for the cars).  Again, I rebuilt the main house from scratch on a flat lot but it is decidedly not awesome spec.

2 driveways, 3bed, 2.5baths, open dining/kitchen/entry area.  Separate family room, upstairs hobby area, gym, hooka room.  Master bed and bath on first floor.  I didn't leave much space in the backyard for real use.

I forgot to cover part of the back decking w/ proper siding.  Whoops.

« Last Edit: 2008 November 08, 07:54:08 by Bliss » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 November 08, 08:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put CARPET in the bathroom? Eew.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 November 08, 08:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put CARPET in the bathroom? Eew.

That's the dumbest question evar.  Srsly, white brick flooring.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 November 08, 08:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the dumbest question evar.  Srsly, white brick flooring.
I was talking to Stupid Yecats.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 November 08, 08:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bliss: It was done this morning during the effects of tequila-related-drunkenness.  Hence why the floors are all the same (yes Pescado, carpet in the bathrooms) and some of the half-walls are unpainted.  Oops.

I was thinking instead of it going to a uni lot, it could go in a n'hood.  Most suburbs have a community library.  

Floopy: I don't think humidity counts in sim-world.  

Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 November 08, 08:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was talking to Stupid Yecats.

Very well.  Inserting foot in mouth. 

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 November 08, 13:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yecats: That community lot has residential lot Mailbox instead of community lot items. You have to change that. Also if you look, you put driveways on this lot, which leads me to believe it is a residential lot, that while drunk you decorated to look like a community lot.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 November 08, 19:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Bliss: I love the wall treatment you've given this, and the pool at the back looks quite art deco with those slanted corners - very swish-looking. You do know there's a sort of manic bunny grinning out of the balcony window, upstairs at the back? What is that? It's watching me.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 November 08, 19:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't sleep-bunny will eat me....yeah, I see it too, it's that painting of the woman with outstretched arms...I think it came with FT?

Love the colours you've used on the exterior, Bliss, very nice.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 November 08, 21:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And so I finally manage to get an entry in. 

Front view.

Rear side view.

Back deck remains in its original position but has been changed to a foundation.  Original staircase changed in style, but also remains in its original postion.  No exterior walls moved.

The house has 3 bedrooms/2 full baths (both bathrooms upstairs).  One of the bedrooms is a fully equipped spawn containment area.  This is a large white stucco house in a modern/artsy style with lots of natural light.  There is ample patio space for summer entertaining, as well as pleasant indoor areas for less clement weather.  The house takes up a lot of the lot, but moving the play structures should leave room for a greenhouse.  Filling in the pond would provide room for a driveway, should anyone still be interested in the superfluous car.  My sims mostly walk.

Required:  All EPs (no stuffpacks).  No CC used.  Tested with clean installer and it comes up clear.
Download Here

Interior pictures:

First floor

Second floor

Living room

Fitness room, looking out into the breezeway.

Conservatory and skillinating room.

Looking down into conservatory from second floor.

Back patio area with hot tub.

Upstairs game room and skillinating area.

Entrance hallway and Kitchen (sorry, this is not awesomespec).

Master bedroom.

Tribulatio proxima est
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 November 08, 23:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the modern look, jolrei! I have a family that needs a bigger lot, this will suit them perfectly.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 November 08, 23:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woo hoo! Verra nice! Yoink.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 November 08, 23:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was led to believe that cars could park at a community lot if there was space to park (as opposed to on the side of the road) if you drive yourself (not taxi's).

Yes, I did forget a few things - the mailbox for one - replace it with a telephone.

It is lot-zoned though, but I didn't save - re-enter - lot zone - leave - re-enter.  I just Zoned and Saved.  Then Packaged. 

You're most welcome to change it - I'm sure it could be done a lot better.  At the time I constructed it, I was furious my apartments we not working, so yes, I was absent minded.

It still looks pretty though Cheesy

Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 November 09, 00:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took me a few to see this manic bunny.  It's a little creepy isn't it?  Perhaps it will deter unwanted visitors.  I had yet to use that corrugated siding on any buildings of mine, so glad it's gone over well.  I really need to get more true art deco pieces for my homes.  I'm just slacking lately.

Jolrei:  I really like the brick accent walls in the living area.... very nice placement and use.

starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 November 09, 03:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, beautiful house jolrei. I suck at doing modern looking houses and I generally dislike most "modern mansions"; they lack warmth, in my opinion. Yours is just the opposite. Very cool, yet inviting, with lots of texture and splashes of color to draw interest. I think I like the conservatory and master bedroom the best. I especially like the mirror behind the bed -- it kind of gives the illusion that there's more to the room behind the bed!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 November 09, 04:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei:  I really like the brick accent walls in the living area.... very nice placement and use.

That was purely so the stereo would go in without sitting in the middle of the floor, which looked stupid.  A bit of architectural cheating that seems to have worked out.

I forgot to mention, the house is a bit on the expensive side - S186-187K.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: