More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:00:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: November
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: November  (Read 143910 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: November
« Reply #100 on: 2008 November 18, 02:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's one hell of a swank building, pbox. Shall yoink!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 November 18, 15:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of those times when I despair over my building skill of FAIL. Can't believe they were morphed from EAxian house.
You're as good in modern buildings as in your cute starters.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 November 19, 07:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to post, I'm too green with jealousy over pbox's beautiful trendy lot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2008 November 19, 08:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, lets all hate pbox for being bloody awesome Cheesy

It is totally gorgeous! *sigh*

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 November 19, 09:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, don't make me feel bad now .. it's a challenge, not a competition? (yes I probably have more practice than others -- but that just goes to show that I have no life! And you do! You should be happy, not jealous =)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2008 November 19, 12:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, not talking to you! Tongue

*Emma moons pbox

I love your little starter houses though, just lovely. They are the reason I hardly build in my hood anymore, I just plonk a load of your houses in there!

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 November 19, 20:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh! Why can't I do that!

I'm utterly jealous over it! It's so GOOD!

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
honeygirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 November 20, 12:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coming out of lurkdom to introduce my not finished yet-will be finished soon house.

Basement as the picture implies

First floor

Second floor

I forgot to take pictures of the actual house from the outside but they will be up shortly if I can collect come constructive criticism on my building.

Also everyone here builds beautiful houses, some of which i have in my game. Great job everyone. I look forward to seeing more people take up on this challenge and maybe participate in a few more myself.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 November 20, 15:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I LOLed at the "deco pool, can have ladder, is completely swimmable".  I know people kill off sims by removing the ladders, but you're the first person I've actually seen build a death house.  Cheesy

I like the basement idea, mainly because I have not yet perfected figured out how to do basements properly.

The sun-room is nice.  The bridges over the pool look great with walls up, but I hate the way they disappear when sims are on lower levels.  I always hated that about the Secret Society lot in Academie La Tour as well.

Keep going with it - half the fun is in the aesthetic touches.  Your "shell" is fine.

Tribulatio proxima est
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 November 20, 19:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know people kill off sims by removing the ladders, but you're the first person I've actually seen build a death house.  Cheesy

My 11 year old grandaughter does this frequently. I mean she specifically builds "death" houses to kill off "unwanted" Sims, which term describes most of the Sims in her games. She puts them in pools without ladders, rooms without doors, or fences in the whole property with no gates. My daughter told me about being waked up in the middle of the night by the sounds desperate screaming from her daughter's room. she went in and the game was left running and Sims locked in a room with no doors were doing the screaming she heard. She was horrified and said she actually "felt sorry" for the desperate things. When she said so to her daughter, Shiney looked at her like she was crazy (we won't discuss that possibility Roll Eyes) and said "Mom, they aren't real people you know!" I laughed like everything about it and told Shiney to mute the sound for future overnight "executions" so as not to disturb her mother. BTW Shiney is the most caring and sensitive child you would ever see when it comes to animals and people in RL. She just has this odd little quirk about killing off her Sims. LOL Tongue

I like your house so far honeygirl; Shiney would love it if you added a few tweaks like doorless/windowless rooms, a windowless/stairless dungeon, etc. LOL

starlady
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 November 21, 07:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@chobeegal: <_<; My boyfriend has the tendency to do the same thing. A good house is a house without windows and doors. I usually feel sorry for them and let them out after awhile.

@honeygirl: Keep going, your house is looking great so far.
ajcrawly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 November 21, 07:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everybody's house looks wonderful! But I have to say that so far, floopyboo's is my favorite!

On to business, here is my contribution;
Front of the house

Back of the house

2nd Floor layout and reading area

1st Floor layout, formal sitting room, dining and kitchen area, and tv room

download; http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c6d09d9a6bb6c22bab1eab3e9fa335ca53df296e50ead8a7

"We've been rehearsing a classic from antiquity, Green Eggs and Hamlet, the story of a young prince of Denmark who goes mad, drowns his girlfriend, and in his remorse, forces spoiled breakfast on all whom he meets." — Christopher Moore (Fool)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 November 21, 10:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh nice. That dining room area is my favourite.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 November 21, 14:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really nice room layouts, ajcrawly (I like the dining area a lot, too). Lots of great nooks & various living areas with room left for adding skilling/fun pieces. I also really like the decorative balconies.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 November 21, 17:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love these threads.

You guys should do the community lots too. I hate the EAxis ones.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 November 21, 18:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is an excellent idea.  How about doing comm lots/businesses for December?

Tribulatio proxima est
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 November 21, 19:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is an excellent idea.  How about doing comm lots/businesses for December?

I was hoping for the Old Farm Silo for December. LOL

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 November 21, 22:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a new suggestion for December. What about using an EAxis apartment block and having different people decorate each flat? Decorate a flat, re-upload, someone else decorates the next flat. There could be several of the same block on the go and people could pick ones that have decorations they already like. That way it gets over the boredom of decorating 4-6 same-ish layouts and gets a variety of styles - more realism.

The lots could be kept as residential to save borkeness, then the downloader could convert them finally to apartments.

Either that, or I'll start a new contest thread. Sadly, I won't have time for 10 more days. (Still marking and doing assignments frantically.)

Still, if others like the idea, I don't care who kicks it off and how - or when.

Yecats
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 November 22, 00:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or start really focusing on CRAP houses.  We've done some - with awesome results.  Houses that are already livable should be excluded because they don't really 'fail'.  Sure, they're not pretty, but they're usable.

The apartment idea sounds interesting, but I could see it becoming an issue if people without EA store stuff and certain EP's try to edit houses that requires those items. 
Maybe provide a basic wall shell and then everyone can submit a plan using those external walls, listing the items used.  Then each level can be constructed using individuals ideas but without having to pass the house along.
I just have horrible visions of corruptness.

ENTP = Mad Scientist.  Muwaahaahaa.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 November 22, 00:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I forgot about the EP issue. Damn.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 November 22, 02:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of redoing some of EA's community lots. One of the rules could be that you have to keep the original concept of the community lot. A gym would stay a gym, etc...

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 November 22, 03:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is called EAxis HOUSE of Fail not lot of Fail. I for one would not be at all interested in redoing community lots and do not see them as relevent to this thread. I think if someone wants to do community lot makeovers it should be a different thread. The apartment idea would be alright for those who have that expansion pack (which I do) but not everyone does have it. I think a challenge which would automatically exclude some people would not be right for this thread.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 November 22, 03:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know, it would actually be another thread next month in any case. It's a new thread every month, and there's no reason why we have to stick with houses. Don't want to remake a lot? Don't. I'm not feeling inspired this month so I'm not going to submit an entry.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 November 22, 03:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Permission to submit a community lot next month?
I got a good one we could do up.

This is called EAxis HOUSE of Fail not lot of Fail. I for one would not be at all interested in redoing community lots and do not see them as relevent to this thread. I think if someone wants to do community lot makeovers it should be a different thread. The apartment idea would be alright for those who have that expansion pack (which I do) but not everyone does have it. I think a challenge which would automatically exclude some people would not be right for this thread.

After a while we need a variety. There's no rule that states that it must be residential, heck some people made the houses as community lots eg pbox.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 22, 03:50:51 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 November 22, 05:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of redoing some of EA's community lots. One of the rules could be that you have to keep the original concept of the community lot. A gym would stay a gym, etc...

No, I disagree with this, from purely mercenary motives.  If everyone makes a gym, what we then have is a lot of gyms.  I don't need a lot of gyms.  I need a bunch of interesting community lots.  Thus, if we take a gym lot of fail, and turn it into a pet store, a grocery, a nightclub, a restaurant, a roller rink, and/or a sewing sweatshop, we then all have a bunch of awesome new comm lots to make hoods with.

This is win, in my view.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: