More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:36:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Invisible apartment neighbours.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Invisible apartment neighbours.  (Read 9299 times)
netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Invisible apartment neighbours.
« on: 2008 November 01, 16:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem: All my apartment neighbours are Invisible. I can hear them and see doors moving but I can't see them and I can't hover over them and click on them.
All other neighbours and townies are fine.
I have searched on forums and google but no one seem to have the same problem.

I did the 50/50 thing, and always when I do this and testing I only use maxis content to not corrupt my own familys or whatever. So I started a maxis apt. and everything was fine and kept being fine even after adding all CC back. So I went creating my own apartment and the problem was back. So I started an older apartment I have created before that used to have invincible neighbours, and there everything was fine... I'm not really sure what to do or what may be causing it?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 01, 16:53:04 by netza » Logged
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
Re: Invincible apartment neighbours.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 01, 16:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

invincible
You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.
Invincible==indestructable.
Invisible==unable to be seen.

As to your problem, I cannot help you, as I have not played with apartments yet.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Invincible apartment neighbours.
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 01, 16:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

invincible
You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.
Invincible==indestructable.
Invisible==unable to be seen.

As to your problem, I cannot help you, as I have not played with apartments yet.

Ah....english is not my mother lang. Tongue But guess I'll try to do a search with the right word then. Wink
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Invisible apartment neighbours.
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 01, 16:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem: All my apartment neighbours are Invisible. I can hear them and see doors moving but I can't see them and I can't hover over them and click on them.

This is intentional on EAxis' part. Whenever you play an apartment (even if the other neighbors are playable) you will only be able to see the family you are currently playing. If you want to visit them and have a decent enough relationship with that family, click on their door and choose "knock". You will then be able to see inside their apartment as long as you're visiting them.

I sing along with elevator music.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 01, 18:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have the same problem the OP has: in apartments, once a neighbor becomes invisible because it entered its home, it will not return visible when goes to work or exits its apartment for any reason: simply it remains invisibile forever.
I have to constantly click on the "fix invisible neighbors" of the lot debugger if I don't want my playables interact with ghosts and spirits only. I didn't a binary search, 'cause I haven't played apartments a lot, but if I find the culprit I'll post.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 01, 19:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Fix...Invisible Sims from the lot debugger work?  It's what I do when I get invisible dormies.  I've never seen that happen in apartments, though.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 01, 19:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is intentional on EAxis' part. Whenever you play an apartment (even if the other neighbors are playable) you will only be able to see the family you are currently playing. If you want to visit them and have a decent enough relationship with that family, click on their door and choose "knock". You will then be able to see inside their apartment as long as you're visiting them.

This was not what I ment though. Smiley
netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 01, 19:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have the same problem the OP has: in apartments, once a neighbor becomes invisible because it entered its home, it will not return visible when goes to work or exits its apartment for any reason: simply it remains invisibile forever.
I have to constantly click on the "fix invisible neighbors" of the lot debugger if I don't want my playables interact with ghosts and spirits only. I didn't a binary search, 'cause I haven't played apartments a lot, but if I find the culprit I'll post.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm experiencing.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 01, 21:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies, I misunderstood the problem. Smiley

I sing along with elevator music.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 01, 21:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue with one apartment.  Offer up a pizza, and suddenly half-eaten pizza slices are wandering about mid-air and the punching bag seems to be rather tough on itself.  Poker games were interesting.  I used the lot debugger to fix apartment residencies (just in case), moved out, and moved back - all good.
netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 02, 05:26:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies, I misunderstood the problem. Smiley

Guess I could've been clearer too. ^^
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 02, 09:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lot Debugger includes an option to fix invisible sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
netza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 02, 17:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I can't find the option though. :/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 02, 23:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you need to update your debugger.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 11, 13:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... I had hoped to find help here, but it seems that almost noone is experiencing this problem. I have exactly the  same as you netza, and if you still read here, I would like to know if you use Pescados hacks. Because I have made a test with and without them, and the problem only occurs with those hacks in downloads. The fix option in the debugger only works once. When the neighbors disappear again, this option isn't available.
Moreof, normally it's expected that the interior of the neighbor's apartments disappears when the player-controlled sims leave. But with Pescados hacks in, it stays visible. But that's not so annoying to me, while the invisible neighbors are. That kept me from playing Sims for awhile, but now I am willing to search for the reason. Guess I have to do the 50:50 thing with Pescados hacks. This can take a while of testing, because some of them reset the game when put in or out - and make therefore invisible Sims visible.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 11, 15:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out that an outdated version of nounneededcoats is causing this. Theres a newer version with which the interior disappears as it should - but it still causes neighbors to be invisible. I'm glad that nounneededcoats is mostly - well, 'unneeded'. Nothing essential like notownieregen or such, so I can leave it out Smiley And: it's not a Pescado hack, finally.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 11, 16:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, nounneededcoats is indeed Awesomeware, and it works fine in my game: No invisible neighbors. Are you SURE you're using the most recent version? There are, however, other unrelated situations that can cause sim invisibility. Try fixing "Fix Invisible Sims" on the Batbox.

Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 11, 20:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I said, the fix option on the box only works once. I used an older version of nounneededcoats before, but when I discovered which hack it is, I looked for a newer one.
I then tried the version that I found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/ , dated end of August, and this one still has the problem.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 12, 08:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem though I had no hacks in my game at the moment of testing. (Other than a lighting mod and a camera mod)

Also when visiting townies apartment I noticed that objects I had placed off the grid with boolprop snapobjectstogrid false reset themselves to the closest grid block making. And also some objects (kitchen set from Kitchen and Bath and some custom content) disapeared from the units owned by TOWNIES. The two things mentioned actually don't happen at all in my own units.

Help, please? Embarrassed

Matt

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: