More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:59:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Help! Invisible ghost type objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help! Invisible ghost type objects  (Read 3832 times)
Journeyfar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Help! Invisible ghost type objects
« on: 2008 October 29, 20:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several days ago I fired my game up to play and found that I have several objects that are see through - almost like ghosts are. I've added nothing new to the game, removed downloads folder, reinstalled AL once and at first it seemed like things were fixed after I reinstalled AL - but today I've found that the see through stuff is happening again. I removed SecuRom several weeks ago so I'm playing with a No DVD Crack.

This is how a picture looks when taken in game, using the camera and looking an album picture.

This is what I see while I play. This second picture is printscreen.

I have no idea what to do about it, if anyone has some help or advice I'd appreciate it. I added the download folder back in - nothing I've done seems to help. Picture taken without the download folder http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/juliejaz1/Nodownloadfolder.jpg

Thanks,

Julie

« Last Edit: 2008 October 29, 20:51:36 by Journeyfar » Logged
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Help! Invisible ghost type objects
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 29, 22:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the solutions offered here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=304042
Journeyfar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 29, 23:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for helping me, I was able to fix the problem after fiddling with the settings on my card. I didn't have this problem when I first installed AL, it just started happening after I updated the drivers for my ATI Radeon Sapphire 3870 PCI E graphics card - I've updated the driver twice in the last 2 weeks. Could you or someone else explain why some objects go invisible and others don't? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, it seems like if one object is effected then all should be...I'm just curious as to why the same objects are showing up invisible up for more people than just myself.

Thanks again for the help,

Julie

Edit: I've solved my problem. It wasn't any of the Catalyst settings. Something changed after a driver update, I cannot have (in game) smooth edges on at all or I lose the transparency of objects. I have every setting maxed in the Catalyst center, tried every setting and screen resolution - it all comes down to using the smooth settings in game. From now on I'll be looking at jaggy edges, unless another driver update comes along and fixes it...or I gather up enough cash to buy another system and graphics card and that isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Thanks again Simsample  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 October 30, 02:14:47 by Journeyfar » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 30, 16:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes rolling back the drivers to an earlier version helps as well.  Other than that, you could try reducing graphics acceleration.  The ATI 3xxx cards have a number of known issues.  You could try searching using your card as a keyword and see if anything else is posted here on similar issues.  It might provide some ideas for fixing the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 30, 23:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I've solved my problem. It wasn't any of the Catalyst settings. Something changed after a driver update, I cannot have (in game) smooth edges on at all or I lose the transparency of objects. I have every setting maxed in the Catalyst center, tried every setting and screen resolution - it all comes down to using the smooth settings in game. From now on I'll be looking at jaggy edges, unless another driver update comes along and fixes it...or I gather up enough cash to buy another system and graphics card and that isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

Thanks again Simsample  Smiley

No problem, well done for fixing it. Smiley I agree with jolrei though- try some different drivers. Also make sure you're patched.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: