More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 17:13:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jobs. Or rather, not. (Now with added non-puddles.)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jobs. Or rather, not. (Now with added non-puddles.)  (Read 5717 times)
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Jobs. Or rather, not. (Now with added non-puddles.)
« on: 2008 October 28, 02:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep having problems with jobs in the newspaper and on the computer, on one lot.  Other lots in the neighborhood and in other neighborhoods are not effected. 

When I direct anyone on the lot to Find a Job, either in the paper or on the computer, it's completely unpredictable how many jobs will actually be offered.  Sometimes they get the announcement that there are no more jobs on the computer after seeing two jobs.  Sometimes three. Sometimes there's only one job in the paper.  I've had sims pick up the paper to Find a Job, sit, unfold the paper, fold the paper and put it down, with no jobs offered at all.  Sometimes they actually get offered three in the paper, five on the computer, but at this point, only a fool would bet on it.

Another lot in the neighborhood created in the same play session has no problems at all.  This is an Apocalypse, so I wasn't supposed to be looking past the first job in the paper, but when sims only went through the motions, then put down the paper with no jobs displayed at all, I tried repeating on the paper and computer, thus discovering the problem. Was not resolved by removing CC.  Again, this hasn't happened on any other lot.

Any idea what's up with this lot?  Should I just scrap the lot and move the family?

ETA: ...'cause I just remembered it.  It's nice, I'm not terribly upset about it--but I have no indoor puddles, no matter how long a sink leaks.  The only puddle I've had recently is when a toddler was allowed to play in the terlet for an undetermined (longish) time.  WTF the puddles went?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 28, 03:26:42 by Count Four » Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
Re: Jobs. Or rather, not.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 28, 02:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the lot contain a mix of graduates and non-graduates?

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Jobs. Or rather, not.
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 28, 02:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only the founder was a graduate.  He's dead now.  No one else has been near a campus.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Jobs. Or rather, not. (Now with added non-puddles.)
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 28, 05:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When non-graduates find graduate-only jobs in the paper/computer you don't get the notification.  So if all the jobs in the newspaper are uni jobs and the person looking through isn't a graduate, they won't find anything.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 28, 15:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When non-graduates find graduate-only jobs in the paper/computer you don't get the notification.  So if all the jobs in the newspaper are uni jobs and the person looking through isn't a graduate, they won't find anything.
If you also have  syberspunk's Uni Careers Hack, this effect will become very noticeable.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 30, 12:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for clearing that up. Duh, me.

But any idea what has happened to puddles?  When I removed the Downloads folder, went into the game and broke a toilet, I got puddles.  So, what mod is preventing puddling?

Edit for clarity.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 30, 12:19:57 by Count Four » Logged

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 01, 21:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outdated yellow pee? InSim? I remember Reading an old verson of InSimenator causing dogs to pee microwaves.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 01, 22:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember Reading an old verson of InSimenator causing dogs to pee microwaves.

Wait, what?  Shocked

Do you mean that when they were done peeing, there was a microwave instead of a puddle? I hope that's all, because now I've got some really weird images running through my head.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 02, 16:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's what it was.  I think it was after the Pets EP.  Or maybe Seasons?  Some people left the old version of Insim in when they installed the new EP, so all of the sudden the pets were peeing microwaves.  But I don't know if that is what is causing Count Four's problem.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 03, 11:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selling the microwaves might make it worthwhile to have a dog, but I bet it was the InSim sectional something controller and hence only worth $1.

But I don't think that's it.  I've been playing the Seasons version of InSim for ages and always had puddles.  Puddles only stopped after I downloaded the Director's Cut from here about a week ago, so I should have the latest yellowpee.  I still only have Uni, NL, OFB and SSNS, no later expansion.

Cow mascot->fire sprinkler prank also no longer produces puddles, which is kind of nice.  But I can't help wondering where the puddles went.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 03, 20:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just drop some of these updated files into their previous folders, you will retain some files that were combined with other files and are thus outdated. Lately he has been cleaning up mods by combining files that are dependent on each other.

Yellow pee used to contain yellowpee.package, yellowpeeobject.package, and noteleport puddle, I believe. But now the yellowpee files only have yellowpee.package. There are a few other mods that he has done this with lately. So make sure that you have only the files in your Downloads folder that match what he has in the current download.

Instead of just looking at the director's cut, you can download the individual mods. This has 2 advantages. One is that the individual downloads actually come with a RTFM, and the other is that you can quickly see what files he is using for each mod. You can then pull any extra files that he has already combined within another file.

Have you run HCDU to check for conflicts? If any Awesome-ware conflicts with anything else that is awesome, then it is because he combined files. Find out which ones are the updated/combined ones and get rid of the others.

ETA: You said that you got a puddle when a toddler played in a toilet, but not from a broken sink. I don't think sinks make very good puddles. I have a sink that breaks quite often in one house and yet I have only seen a puddle near it once. I'm not even sure that the puddle came from the sink. For all I know it could have come from a thrown water balloon since I never saw how the puddle actually ended up on the floor.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: