More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 10:27:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Surgery and Genetics Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Surgery and Genetics Question  (Read 1905 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Sim Surgery and Genetics Question
« on: 2008 October 25, 07:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I go and do anything to my real neighborhood, I wanted to run something by people who know more than I.

Is there any reason to NOT use Sim Surgery to fix a sim's genetics? (I'd be using the AL version of SimPE.)

Here's the scenario. I married a sim into a family that has one of the broken face templates (where only face one shows up for every age except adult). I thought this was fixed by a mod I got here in the Peasantry, but apparently this only works BEFORE the sim is created. So, now I'm on a mission to fix this sim and the two children she's already had. I've tested this out in a testing hood and everything seems to work properly, but I wanted to double check.

Here's the plan: In CAS, I make a new version of the sim I need fixed with all the same genetics, but now a corrected template. I'll also make two sims that properly mix the genetics of the sim and her spouse for the two kids. I then use Sim Surgery to fix all three of them.

In the testing hood, this seemed to work fine. It fixed the genetics for all life stages, and the genetics seemed to properly pass down to children.

Is there anything I'm missing in my ignorance?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: