More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 19:46:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Second AL patch is out.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Second AL patch is out.  (Read 45170 times)
ataribaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Second AL patch is out.
« Reply #25 on: 2008 October 24, 16:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not install until a reliable no-cd for ALp2 is released, unless you want securom back on your system.
I installed the patch like the kerrazy mow foe I am and it works fine with the previous No-CD cracked *.exe. So fill your boots.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 24, 17:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bills will now autonomously be brought into Sim's apartments

Do we have a solution for apartment dwellers like we do with the hacked Mailbox cover for residential residents?
My very same thought.

The first time I saw an apartment sim putting down the bills near the mailbox I cheered: YAY! Eaxis did something right (i.e. LOGICAL), for once!
Of course, I was wrong.

Who, in the whole Universe, ever complained for that "bug"Huh Rod Humble maybe?

Did you notice that the Rod Humble unique sim is hidden and protected from any "use" way more than any other similar sim? Pollination Tech is almost playable, in comparison.
I smell FEAR...

*Marhis runs to find a way to marry Rod Humble to Bigfoot*

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 October 24, 17:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, there aren't actually any connections or boss. It's totally random.

Talk about random, I had a sim bring home a coworker who immediately turned around and claimed to be a business owner, and offered my sim a job in another field.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 October 24, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not install until a reliable no-cd for ALp2 is released, unless you want securom back on your system.
I installed the patch like the kerrazy mow foe I am and it works fine with the previous No-CD cracked *.exe. So fill your boots.

Congrats, you are now playing the game as an Unholy Hybrid. Enjoy.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 October 24, 19:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the cracked exe for patch 1 come out yet?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 October 24, 21:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you looked on GameCopyWorld?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 October 24, 21:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see some that say "Fixed EXE" but I don't know what that means viz a viz patches.  Sorry, this is just the first time I've used a no-cd.

cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 October 24, 23:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rufio :
Yes,select v 1.16.0.187.It is the patch 1 no-cd
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 October 24, 23:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the installation instructions tell you to install the patch before applying the crack, it's pretty safe to assume that the crack is made for the patched game.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 October 24, 23:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, but running the patch exe from the official site will not put securom on my computer, will it?  Just playing the game without the no-cd?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 October 24, 23:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, but running the patch exe from the official site will not put securom on my computer, will it?  Just playing the game without the no-cd?
Rufio, running the patched .exe from the official site will put SecuROM on your computer. That's part of its goal in life. In order to avoid ever getting SecuROM from Sims2 products, you need to use the no-CD at all times to run your game. Do not install a patch without having a patched no-CD available. Do not mix and match. It's not a buffet line.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 October 24, 23:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mean the exe to play the game - I mean the exe file that you download from the official site which installs the patch.  Because the no-cd on GameCopyWorld says to install the patch (with the exe downloaded from the official site) first.  I know not to run the game without a no-cd.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 October 25, 03:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... only the game exe and the Launcher exe...

Installing the patch will not install SecuROM on your system.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 October 25, 04:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

trufax.

has anyone installed and had it bork them? or is this a legit patch that won't break the game more than fix it (ala many maxis patches like the FT patch).

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 October 25, 08:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew the patch change for Apartment Sims to retrieve their bills was going to be a problem. Now I am having half-dead Sims get up out of bed to get the bills when they live in a residence! It seems to pick whichever Sims has the worst motives, like it does when it chooses a Sim to age up infants.

My seriously ill, pregnant mom was made to repeatedly get out of bed while the father played near the mailbox. I say repeatedly because I kept canceling it from the queue. So if you cancel it, you need to get another Sim to get the bills or it will just keep calling that same Sim over and over. The only good news is that the modded mailbox cover is still working for the residential Sims. They place it there rather than inside, although once when I told them to pay the bills they ran to the edge of the lot to retrieve bills on the sidewalk. I didn't see them place them there, so I'm not sure what happened with that.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 October 25, 08:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the bills are no doubt "false advertising", causing the sim with the worst values to respond to it, while the action itself does not help. Try global-proscribing the mailbox. Slapping a global proscription on mailboxen ought to kill that one dead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 October 25, 11:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or a more positive approach might be that whichever sim is forced to get the mail, actually does get all the advertised motives greened up. Smiley

I wonder if Sims 3 has made any attempt at AI programming?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 October 25, 11:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if Sims 3 has made any attempt at AI programming?
According to all the preview demonstrations, where it always ends with some sim pissing itself, the answer is firmly a "No".

In fact, the very demonstration of "visiting another sim's home" illustrated exactly what I mentioned would happen: That the sim, trapped with no rabbit hole to retreat to, proceeded to piss itself.

This is unencouraging, given that they ELIMINATED NEARLY ALL OF THE OTHER MOTIVES, leaving only the 3 "core" motives, yet the sim was STILL unable to prevent a failure. All this suggests that the AI has not only failed to improve, it has, in fact, gotten considerably worse.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 October 25, 12:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After Sims 3 comes out and we are sure there are no more Sims 2 EPs, I want to rewrite Sims 2.

First I would introduce proper categorisation to all objects.  Then, instead of looking around the lot and for each object's options thinking "hmm how attractive is this to the aggregate of my needs" the sim will think "Do I have any needs?"  and having identified one, it will  look for an object of category "bladder relief".  Then the sim will run "CT - empty bladder" on that object.  Never mind trying to guess what menu option number it is.  It will work more like the functional trees.   This will loop round all bladder relief objects until the sim finds one it can reach.   Preferably after sorting by distance.

In fact there is no reason bladder relief should not be nested in other productive avtivities.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 October 25, 13:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, you want to reinvent Macrotastics? Tongue

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 October 25, 14:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of, is there a way to make power idle or procastinate the default AI behavior, as opposed to manually starting it for each sim?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 October 25, 14:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone found a no-cd yet for the new patch?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 October 25, 14:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, you want to reinvent Macrotastics? Tongue

I don't know if I have completely misunderstood macrotastics or what.  I have understood it to be taking EA's idea of things pushed onto sims queues by exernal controllers a step further.  My idea is to have the entire thing Sim-driven, for themselves.  For example, a sim busy reading to her child is not very likely to be planning her next fight.  The controller plans it for her however and interrupts her reading.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 October 25, 16:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics plans fights?

I don't think macrotastics plans anything unless you set it up to do so.  If you have your sim set to macro-hobbinate, the sim will update relationships, take care of needs (terlet, food, etc) and then will hobbinate in the hobby of choice.  If it is hobbinating, I'm not sure it will "read to toddler" - never yet has happened in my game.  If I want a sim to read to its spawn, I don't have it macro-ing.

I have noticed that if a vampire is set to macro-hobbinate during daylight hours (if he's in his crypt where the sun-it-burns does not shine, he will be sent to the coffin, sent to the bathroom, and then will hobbinate until the energy bar drops a bit, and then will be sent back to the coffin, rinse, repeat for the rest of daylight hours.  Clearly, vampires should be in their coffins when the sun is up.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 October 25, 19:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this patch include the first patch, or do I have to have both? Are they actually useful, or should I just not care?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: